What is the purpose of this movie?

>LMAO DOES HE HAVE CANCER??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JUbMWtUyIIE&channel=UCJnINRFYtxBz702wLr4mf4g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Please, accept the mystery.

Just look at the parking lot.

Accept the mystery.

It's a slice of life. A slice of a shitty and mundane life.

to annoy retards like you

This movie is a great pleb filter.

No, I can't, the parking lot doesn't answer any questions.

desu, I had to start the thread with a meme or else nobody would respond. I think we all know what the Coen brothers were getting at with it. Pic related.

When the truth is found to be lies, and all the joy within you dies.

>I'M FUCKING YOUR WIFE LARRY
Was Larry /ourguy/?

Curture crash

Idk why people wouldn't get the message of this movie..

It's about perspective. He thinks his life is shitty but his retard brother wishes he could have half a good a life as him.

The end of the movie spells it out pretty hard when he picks up his brother in that motel pool or whatever.. "look at all god has given you [refering to main character]. God has given you a wife and choildren and I have nothing"... something along those lines

Pretty good movie tb h fâm

>desu, I had to start the thread with a meme or else nobody would respond

You're the cancer killing this website.

Kek, that file name is perfection.

So would you guys move out if Sy asked nicely?

>cheating is a part of my culture

>damage control intensifies

sy is seriously one of the most disgusting characters i have ever seen in a movie

Y-you are jesting...

the point is that if you are a good guy, a "serious man" the world will fuck you over. Larry doesn't stand up for himself because he sees himself as a "serious man" but no one takes him seriously because of it

I think that was only a minor part of it, the big theme is that lack of answers that Judaism has for the main character. The lyrics of White Rabbit is repeated throughout and even the rabbis are an impediment for Larry to find truth, with the pointless stories of parking lots and teeth.

Oh fuck off, we could have a nice discussion, but now you're getting all hooked up on a little meme. Where do you think you are? Go to reddit if you want that.

>Sy
>sighs all the time
Pottery

>gets called out on bullshit
>p-please leave my thread

I think you should move out

Wouldn't it make more sense for you to start another thread?

Sure, but will anybody care?

Gimme that fucker

>Mrs. Samsky asks you about your new found freedom.

Wat do?

ooooOOOOOooohhhhh Mrs. Samsky!

Yeah, but when he talks to the young rabbi, the one not revered in his community, he actually is provided with the answer. (About perspective)

I think the movie was based on the book of Job and leviticus all about how god works in mysterious ways and is basically unknowable.

But perspective is only relative, there is a lot more to a man's happiness than just perspective. By all physical measures rich people should be happier than poor people etc. I think he was searching for a deeper meaning, and the rabbis were actually an obstacle to finding it.

>dark hair
>light blue eyes
>Jewess

She makes my wee wee feel funny

He didn't look at the parking lot.

To add to my other post the lyrics of Jefferson Airplane play a prominent role.

youtube.com/watch?v=JUbMWtUyIIE&channel=UCJnINRFYtxBz702wLr4mf4g

When the truth is found to be lies isn't just a perspective problem, here you can see it contrasted with the Jewish music in the film. Here Larry's son is preparing for his Bar Mitzvah, and the imagery couldn't be more clear. Judaism has trapped him from finding a higher truth. I think that a higher truth could be definitely be interpreted as Christ, and the rabbi acts as a gatekeeper to that Truth as accepting Christ is a rejection of Judaism, which ends up leaving Larry in the unsatisfied state he is in. This also works with the parable in the beginning where the wife drives out the evil spirit of the learned Jewish man.

It's just the Coens laughing at anyone who gets frustrated over the question "what does it mean?" When really we should just sit back and pic related.

I think this is also clear with the opening quote/scene: "Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you."

YOU WERE SUCH A SUPER LADY!

I DON'T WANT SANTANA ABRAXIS!

troubling. verrrrry troubling

You lost me at christ, there guy

Possibly the dullest film I've ever watched

Is this the most Jewish film of all time?

Probably the dullest post I've ever read

>Coen
Shalom!

you must be a very dull person yourself