Try to guess what's happening

Try to guess what's happening

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qth034CQe6s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lex_orandi,_lex_credendi
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Blessing a kvass brewing device?

what do you mean "guess"? it's just a priest blessing some machinery with holy water for good fortune, i'm pretty sure all christian countries do this

Trappist monk beer maker or something.

as someone who works in a data center, this picture hurts me inside

>he uses unblessed hardware
it's like you don't even want the help of Our Lord Jesus Christ to execute your SQL queries

Honestly this is why I can't get into Christianity. There are too many various aspects of the religion (for example, spraying objects in "holy water") that are clearly way more superstitious than religious.

I don't mind religion, but I cannot just dumb myself down to the point of accepting such blatant superstition.

my software is already covered m8
let me know when you are ready to accept our lord and savior Terry Davis

forgot pic

+10 accuracy

Pff.. stupid Christians

Spirit* ))

where do you draw a line between religion and superstition? blessing weapons, machinery or computers like you see in this thread is simply a matter of symbolism and tradition
it would be superstitious if people actually believed that it affects the way those blessed items work, and i seriously doubt that's the case

But there are people who believe that blessings of this kind make a difference.

God damn religious people are embarassing

that makes those people superstitious, not the ritual itself which is religious or traditional

we all were 16 once

>and i seriously doubt that's the case
Do you really?

Sure, plenty of people do, but do actual priests for example really think of it as "just metaphorical"? Keep in mind that Catholics for example actually believe that they eat the real flesh and drink the real blood of Jesus. Another example would be how people used to REALLY believe that their newborn baby would never go to heaven if it died before being baptized. That too really comes off as being more superstitious than religious.

And, from personal experience, church-goers tend to be highly superstitious people, with many for example believing in things like "the evil eye". I just cannot into superstition.

>where do you draw a line between religion and superstition?
Obviously it's subjective, but basically in the theological and/or philosophical consideration which lies underneath. Basically, if it has an appropriate and useful place within a larger coherent set of doctrine and/or worldview, then I consider it to be more religious. But spraying magic water on objects to make them function properly? That, I cannot accept at face value (unless it's strictly metaphorical/tradition, but unfortunately that's often not the case).

S P A C E

Tfw you will never have your computer blessed

>do God's work
>blow up the West

>these buttons and switches from the 1970's.
better invest in the technologies not in religion.

i consider discussions about legitimacy of religion to be futile and uninteresting, so i'll just say that it all comes down to individual and his perception
i'm pretty sure you can, just ask your local pastor during his next monthly devoutness inspection

poland i thought you were almost european?
sad.

Even by 16 I had realized it was a scam, little more than a bandaid for people who can't handle our inevitable demise.

golden shower

youtube.com/watch?v=Qth034CQe6s
GUIDED BY GOD

It is a symbol of eastern european stupidity 2bh.
This is similar to polynesian tribes building wooden planes and other cargo cult shit.

Unfortunately no, this doesn't happen anywhere in the west. I've seen many slavs do it so i thought it was an orthodox thing, but seeing catholics doing it as well makes me think it's a slav thing.

>igrai igrai igrai oppa
i understand "bosnian"

AR-TI-LERIA
STALIN BERIA
OPPA OPPA

>I can believe in a trinitarian eternal god who sent himself to Earth to die and be resurrected so that we can have eternal life after death
>this magic water stuff is just bonkers though
Why are people like this?

in modern times, religion is mostly just a part of many traditions, allowing to bond communities tighter together, it really matters little if you believe in it or not
no point of being so vocal about it, it's a matter of personal preferences and values
if you feel superior to some people just because they have faith and you don't, there is really nothing to be proud of
this doesn't commonly happen here either, i've never witnessed it personally, i just find the picture of priest blessing a server room to be slightly amusing
>t.

yeah i don't get that either. not believing that magic water is real? it totally is.

Because the doctrines of the resurrection and the trinity actually have a real, important philosophical implication. For example, if God can absorb the evil of being tortured and executed in a gruesome fashion, and still be resurrected, forgiving and loving towards the very same people who inflicted such a terrible treatment upon him, then it shows that there is no evil which can defeat God.

But having "magic water"? That is completely useless from a philosophical perspective. It's really nothing more than the most simplistic pagan-tier cause-and-effect way of viewing the world. Not only that, but to imply that God works in such a predictable way that can be "mastered" by humans seems downright heretical to me. And finally, religious doctrine can actually be compatible (since you're dealing, for example, with metaphysical ideas which are separate from the physical world), but superstition (i.e. this water is totally magical) is simply anti-scientific.

>religious doctrine can actually be compatible
compatible with science*

>no point of being so vocal about it, it's a matter of personal preferences and values
Oh get fucked. These are the very sandnigger religions responsible countless war and bloodshed over the past few thousand years and even to this very fucking day.

>if you feel superior to some people just because they have faith and you don't, there is really nothing to be proud of
You're no different to African and Middle Eastern tribals. I'd wager you'd have no issue in calling them inferior peoples. People who worship Abrahamic religions are objectively inferior people.

if you take any religious book and replace the word "holy" with "magic", and you'll arrive at the same conclusion about just about any ritual
>These are the very sandnigger religions responsible countless war and bloodshed over the past few thousand years and even to this very fucking day.
yes, there were some wars caused by religion, but that doesn't mean religion can have no place in modern societies
it's like saying that borders were a cause of thousands and thousands of conflicts, therefore fuck having borders and shit
>You're no different to African and Middle Eastern tribals. I'd wager you'd have no issue in calling them inferior peoples. People who worship Abrahamic religions are objectively inferior people.
i haven't even mentioned Africa or Middle East, not sure where you're coming from about that
unlike you I don't consider people of any culture, ethnicity, race or faith inferior, I judge everyone based on their personal merits

this. kek.

Jews do shit like that as well, with rabbis flying around Israel and playing on shofar to protect Israel from diseases.

Thats exactly what an Ameridemon would say

it seems like americans have troubles understanding the concept of "tradition"

We had a couple Syrian refugee families move to my area. I have been considering taking the men hunting so they can assimilate better and make some friends. I was looking into it and there are a lot of rules:

>they can not bless the bullets or arrows but instead have to invoke the name of Allah as they shoot
>only a bullet or sharp arrow can be used as it is not halal to bludgeon an animal to death (some small game arrows use large blunt tips)
>if the animal isn't killed immediately it must be dispatched and bled quickly whilst invoking the name of Allah
>only meat killed by a practising Muslim, Christain, or Jew can be eaten. No communists (?), atheists, zorastrians, polytheists, apostates, or hindus
>if part of the animal is shot off (like a leg) that part can not be eaten
>it is haram to hunt for humans or domestic animals
>the animal can not leave your sight except briefly and must be chased immediately (this is contrary to modern hunting practises)
>there is some controversy over whether an animal can be hunted only if one intends to eat it or if one only intends to harvest feathers, antlers, fur etc for magical rituals

all abrahamfags will hang on the day of the rope

>day of the rope

*short circuitted*

but did you actually ask those men if they follow or care about these rules?
also, on a side note, i don't see anything wrong with any of the rules you posted, it seems like it doesn't affect other people in any way
what if this machinery is supposed to be waterproof and the priest was just invited to test it?
not feeling so smart now eh, pal?

You're applying modern Protestant logic to a religion that has been mostly orthodox for most of its history, orthodox in the sense of being attached to an institution and having a codified tradition of rituals and practices. You are working backwards in a way, under the assumption that fundamental belief comes first and whatever practices come up "trickle down" from the fundamental belief in God, but for most of Christian history the opposite perspective is truer. Reading up on the early church would go a long way from dispelling this bias and show the importance of Liturgy.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lex_orandi,_lex_credendi

When you realize that those delicious rituals are "superstitious" by design you'll get it. There's a reason why they were created, if they were not supposed to be taken seriously they wouldn't exist.

Time to get my hard drive blessed

They don't effect anyone and no, as of yet I haven't spoken with them on it, it's just an idea I had. Might give it a try

Looks like he's trying to kill himself

still i don't see anything wrong with it, it's just part of a culture
do you hate those pagan midsummer festivals too?

No I don't care about any of them, it's people who take them too seriously like fundamentalists that don't have a place I modern society. The Midwest of the us is full of them, people still believe the earth is 6000 years old or that either evolutionary process isn't real. And those people get to vote, which is dangerous.

Fucking autocorrect is messing up my sentences.

Short circuits

>The Midwest of the us is full of them, people still believe the earth is 6000 years old or that either evolutionary process isn't real.
seems more like an issue of poor education, even here the most devout people still understand that the bible is full of symbolism and allegories and should not be taken literally
>And those people get to vote, which is dangerous.
indeed, every single individual has rights to express his views and participate in fair democratic elections, we should end this farce immediately

Yep education is definitely the alpha and the omega, I agree om that. As for democracy, Aristotle warned against its abuses. Democracy coupled with poor education can lead to idiocracy, which is pretty bad.

but you are literally a failed state. so democracy didn't quite work for you or what? lmao

Says who

And here we have exhibit A, prime example of said idiocracy.

it's a thing with non-slav catholics too

severe autism

>>only meat killed by a practising Muslim, Christain, or Jew can be eaten
hmm that's odd
I get the common abrahamic roots bit, but I'm surprised they're happy to accept it there

>Lord jesus make sure this bullets kill your fellow children.

terry davis knows that the only lord is jesus the son of god

I will not fall to your tricks cia nigger

Hey, jesus might pull through and not let the FBI find all that cp.

Says your mom. Ask Germany, nazi faggot.

What are you talking about? You are literally being bailed out by the EU/Germs because you lazy asses didn't want to work and all you want to do is get drunk and chill. Hurr durr alpha omega muh ancient democracy. All hot air. Can't even feed themselves trying to lecture others. Cocky!

*tips fedora*