twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not really a fan of Miyazaki.

Porco can't be beat

Because ummm... it isnt

I'd say it's equal with The Wind Rises for that #1 spot

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Slow pace. Drags on. Nausicaa is better all around

Most fun doesnt mean best

Where does it slow down, would you say? Nausicaa is a much lesser film for having the same themes. The flight aspects are beautiful, but the action with the flight is pretty silly. Like when Nausicaa is avoiding gunfire from a Tolmekian gunship on her damn glider.

except its not just a glider but has its own propulsion system. Mononoke is slow the whole movie except for scenes in Iron Town.

>except its not just a glider but has its own propulsion system

Which she does not use during the aforementioned scene. I've seen the movie a lot, man. I can assure you I know what I'm talking about.

>Mononoke is slow the whole movie except for scenes in Iron Town.
five-8 minutes in we have the chase scene with Nago. Five-8 minutes in Nausicaa we're with Nausicaa just touching down in jungle.

youtube.com/watch?v=GoCcNdDIzEQ

I shouldn't shill so much for this, but it's the one movie he draw all by himself and it's good enough.

Does it have a witch who flies around in a wide dress that clings to her figure in the air and exposes her underwear every time she changes direction? No? Then it's not his best work.

Was anime a mistake?

>No less white than anyone else in the movie
>Has an obvious African American accent

I've got nothing against hiring African American actors, but if they don't sound like the character they're supposed to be then they're not fit for the role. It's literally that simple. Really took me out of the movie hearing an obviously black voice coming out of an sheet-white asian.

> all by himself

are you that dumb?

Miyazaki's work has long since stopped being interesting or good and turned into feelgood bullshit for westerners that want to feel "exotic" or cultured by watching foregin movies. It's garbage, Ghibli in general is nothing but a nostalgia cow nowadays. Fuck them and all the other sellouts. Hideaki Anno was right.

at least the character was a prostitute

kys

Is she wearing a diaper?

hot

Alright then.

They're more bloomers, but they look like diapers in every shot after this. That said, her broom doesn't exactly come with a toilet.

>he watches anime

he did backgrounds and key frame animations, that's most of the work, there's one scene that doesn't even have inbetweens that's probably all him.

>but they look like diapers in every shot after this

Well what are you waiting for? I need more pictures!

To be honest I liked Jada-Pinkett Smith as Toki. When she wasn't being aggressive she gave Toki a really fucking cute voice.

It's actually Future Boy Conan.

>he doesn't

The Wind Rises and Porco Rosso are best

Miyazaki should just keep making films about planes

And stick to the planes, cutting out all the romance bullshit that killed Rises. Porco was ok because Fio was part of the plane plot, but what's-his-name's girlfriend just git in the way and took us away from the planes for 40 minutes.

The Wind Rises was disappointing.

KILLIONS

His movies aren't aimed at Westerners.

There are seven key animators and ten in-betweeners credited on ANN. I've never heard of Miyazaki drawing backgrounds.

I hope you're not implying Princess Mononoke is feelgood bullshit. It's pretty damn melancholic.

>that moment when Miyazaki said he regrets making Kiki's Delivery Service because of lolicon degenerates such as user

I fully expected to hear something like "[His passion] killed millions" at the end because of this meme and got nothing of the sort. How'd it come about?

It's right there in the opening credits.

Miyazaki has no background art credit on either ANN or Anidb.

He actually said that? Honestly that movie is probably the reason why I'm a filthy lolicon.

Never had a sister, therefore girl's underwear was un unexplored domain for me. Then I saw it; the original Disney trailer for Kiki's Delivery Service. youtube.com/watch?v=MaCoz_Q0pzo
Seeing all the underwear shots in that brought out a sense of sexual wonder in me like nothing before it. Howl's may have had a shitty ending and Ponyo may have been nearly all shit, but I owe that man many hours of haopy 2d fapping.

>He actually said that?
Probably not, and if he wanted to make that complaint he could go back to Cagliostro if not earlier.

after Ashitaka leaves Iron Town for the first time to chase Mononoke the film grinds to a halt. Nausicaa is a wonderous adventure with a steady pace. The only break it takes is when she discovers the crystal forest underground.

>after Ashitaka leaves Iron Town for the first time to chase Mononoke the film grinds to a halt
To demonstrate San's connection to the forest, contrasting Ashitaka and Iron Town's inhabitants. It does so with grace.

I have no problem with Nausicaa's pacing. I have problem with its action setpieces as far as animation goes, it being a lesser film altogether with Princess Mononoke's same themes.

but I do

it's definitely the best miyazaki film

well animated but hamfisted

What aspects were hamfisted?

>He visits reddit

Well jokes on him, because mononoke made me want to fuck a wolf.

>he says as he posts on a board he's only posting on because of reddit taking out the boards old guard for like minded redditors

>white

I'm not that guy but the only reason I've ever even heard of reddit is because you faggots here on Sup Forums can't stop talking about it.

Too slow and boring. Doesn't help I have bad memories of it due to someone that wouldn't shut the fuck up during it.

Totoro was garbage too.

I wouldn't call Totoro garbage, but it is a tad overated.

I didn't like the plot, I didn't like the characters. I'd like to think this was just Miyazaki's emerging emo boi phase of animation wherein the first few works are kinda wonky and get progressively better over time.
>literally the only likable character I rooted for

Kiki is the comfiest

Is that the anime movie that Scarlett is starring in?

>Too slow and boring
Sounds like a personal problem, as well as a conclusion without any reasons behind it.

Totoro's incredibly overrated, but damn if the little sister being unable to cope with her mother's impending death wasn't a helluva moment.

What was wrong with Ashitaka, Lady Eboshi, San, etc.
>emo boi phase
Emo? The film is a reflection of the reality we live in. If that makes it emo, what's that make our world?

A lot of people aren't going to get this, man. But I did.

I prefer Nausicaa too.
Animation isn't as great but it did the messianic themes better.

Miyazaki is Japan's Jimmy Saville

>2017
>using the term emo

woah you're so special and unique with a wicked sense of humor

This movie is gross.

>woah you're so special and unique with a wicked sense of humor

Thanks, man. I do tutoring lessons on tuesdays.

>Miyazaki is Japan's Jimmy Saville
How?

>he didn't watch the sub

Jesus how are you even allowed on here.

Because this is Sup Forums. That would be Sup Forums.

Watching something the way it was intended should be Sup Forums common sense.

It's animation.
Every version is dubbed.
And with something so high profile they usually do a good job with the English version.

This dude took too many drugs

Anime began and ended at Cowboy Bebop, face it fags

>god tier soundtrack
>god tier dub
>god tier animu

checkm8 atheists

Not using subtitles ans listening to the original japanese voices...
USA...please never change (but do learn how to read, for subtitles).

The Japanese version is the original version by the original production team based on the original script.

the only reason I don't want to watch this anime is because the same sounds really gay as fuck

name*

This guy.

It was intended to be watched. The bottom of the screen isn't watching it. That and we haven't all spent our highschool yeaes watching subtitled anime, we don't all have the ability to effortlessly read subs and watch the action. It's a near 2 and a half hour movie, that's a real slog if you're not accustomed to reading subs.

It was intended to be watched with the original voices.

Which is not what you're watching.
You don't understand the original script being read, and rely on a translation displayed on the bottom made by a different team.

Nausicaa has always been better. It's just that PM is Babby's First Miyazaki Film for most people.

all his movies are wild goose chases that don't lead anywhere or pay off in the end.

Voice acting is not just about reading the script out loud. It's also about acting and having the right voices. Otherwise they would just use speech synthesizers.

I do understand Japanese to an extent, and subtitles are much more accurate than dubs while also completely retaining the original audio.

yes

the name is like, jazz nigger

just watch it, first 2-3 eps

>I do understand Japanese to an extent
Then it makes sense. But most people don't.

It's not just the basic language that's foreign to you but also how it's meant to be spoken.
It is not possible for me to tell if a Japanase VA does a good job or a bad job.

>I-it's completely innocent
>C-cultural differences

There's almost never bad voice acting in anime, yet this "I can't tell if this is good or not!" dilemma gets brought up again and again as if it was some serious issue of central importance. And it's not like every aspect of voice acting revolves around your ability to understand the language.

Japanese voice actors all do the same tired archetypal voices (N-NANI!? TCH! EEEYYYYYYY???), there's very little range. English VAs do it as well but not to the same extent, It's why I don't mind Disney using celebrities for Ghibli dubs because at least it's something different

Please tell me how the fuck am I supposed to get something out of somebody's acting if I'm so ignorant about the culture that I couldn't even tell if it is terrible?

Are you seriously confusing the script with the actors? They don't decide if a character says nani or not.

>there's very little range
Different characters have different voices.

>It's why I don't mind Disney using celebrities for Ghibli dubs because at least it's something different
Ghibli movies use mostly movie/TV actors, not professional anime voice actors. Anime movies commonly do that.

If you can't decipher anything about voice acting without understanding the language, you might seriously have autism or something.

The thanksgiving copypasta where the guy showed that to his family never ceases to amuse me.

what were you, a literal fetus in the early 00s? Adult swim showed this non-stop for what seems like 3 solid years.

>what were you, a literal fetus in the early 00s?

Yeah, problem gramps?

>2017
>born after March 25, 1999

The general consensus in nipland is nausicaa and its manga (which he wrote / illustrated himself) is his magnum opus.
For whatever that's worth to you.

I for one am disturbed by the manga's genocidal message.

>If you can't decipher anything about voice acting without understanding the language, you might seriously have autism or something.
You can only get the emotions on an very basic level since the way people voice emotions in different cultures does actually differ.
This might be enough for you, since autists don't understand subtle and complex emotions but I want more.

Post it.

Disney shilled the living shit out of this back in the day and it really still makes me mad to this day.

You're complaining about not being able to understand emotional cues, yet somehow I'm the autist. Wew.

What do you expect from Miyazaki, he fell for the IMPERIAL NIPPON meme

It's your fault if you can't recognize emotional range in a human voice, independent of what language they're speaking. You don't need to understand the language to pick up emotion and recognize whether it's appropriate or not based on the subtitled lines.

>it really still makes me mad to this day.

....why?

Because it seems that you're only able to pick the most basic cues that are universal even if someone speaks English.
And anything more complex and culture-specific you don't get thanks to your autism.

I never said or implied anything of the sort, you're just projecting here.