fpbp

>What does Catalan sound like to you?
8 seconds of gibberish

sounds a lot like portuguese with a little of italian

Catalan = Latin which the Romans spoke

don't romanians think this about romanian

sounds like weird as fuck spanish

sounds like a mix of spanish and french

I dont like it and I wanted to like it. Because le medieval troubadours and sheeit, I thought it was going to be a great musical language but not really.
When Serrat switches from Spanish to Catalan, it sucks.

Sounds like a cross between Spanish and Italian. But that's kinda what it is, right? Maybe Occitan is pretty close to it?

Portuguese. Really ugly.

can you understand it?

Does Catalonians have their own language? I thought they just spoke Spanish.

really gay Spanish (which is already gay)

Spanish speaker larping abour speaking french.

Spanish with European Portuguese vowel reduction.

Catalan is an Occitan language, in fact.
"Occitan" is not exactly a single language. It is kind of a "macrolanguage". A continuum of distinct languages and dialects that are more or less mutually intelligible (sometimes not strictly corresponding to obvious geographical contact, interestingly).

I can understand most of it, but it gets complicated if they speak too quick.

Occitan actually takes its name from its word for 'yes', òc. Modern Catalan uses sí, though it historically had hoc/òc as well. Despite having mostly lost that, it is an "Occitano-Romance language" while Spanish is "Ibero-Romance".

Mostly accurate. We still use "oi", which has the same etymology, as an intensified "yes", and as the tag question:
Hi aniràs, oi? -> You will go there, won't you?
No m'estimes, oi? -> You don't love me, right?

It is used in the same way as the German "oder", as you can observe.

sounds like spanish with a nassal accent and with french influence

what an ugly man

Yeah, Wikipedia mentioned _oi_. What's interesting is that it's a tag question derived from "yes". German's is literally "or", and Swedish has the related _eller hur?_ "or how?"

Swedish, Norwegian, and Danish also have their own versions of one that translates to "not true?" Swedish has _inte sant?_, Norwegian has _ikke sant?_ and Danish has _ikke sandt?_, often shortened to simply _ikke?_ or _ik'?_.

Off the top of my head, English is the only other language I can think of that routinely uses a yes-based tag question ("You said dinner was at five, yeah?").

It's as if Spain and Italy had a child and it was raised by aunt France and uncle Portugal

Like spanish

sounds like an italian dialect, something close to romagnolo

Now I am become CAT, the racemixer of Dagos.

savage

Portuguese

fpbp
it looks like a retarded spanish child speaking

Portuguese and French