*throws away your entire post season*

>*throws away your entire post season*

Is he the first actually retarded head coach in nfl history? Like legally retarded.

*onside kicks with 2 minutes and 17 seconds left*

and 2 timeouts

That was pretty dumb.

I really couldn't believe he did it.

proof the rooney rule is retarded

Like, I don't get it. People who play Madden every day would know what to do there.

Why did he do it?

>onside kick at >2 mins
>so the Jags are able to get another score
His playcalling was way beyond retarded, kudos to the steelers that managed to get that many points anyway

didnt trust his defense that gave up 40 to a mediocre offense

>Onside kick @ 2 mins down 7 points
>don't onside down 1 point
I mean the odds are shit, but what the fuck?

except that he was trusting his defense more by trying something that works like 5% of the time

that was some of the absolute worst late game clock mgmt imaginable

>post(space)season

Three timeouts. They had the two minute warning lmao.

he essentially thought a 5% chance to recover an onsides kick was more than the chance he gave his defense for holding the jags to a 3 and out.

If you really don't trust your defense then you ought to make their offense go as far as they need to for a score instead of banking on a low-percentage play to regain possession.

he knows, everyone knows

any retard could win with big ben

>we are only thinking about the patriots
how do you say this when your next opponent is a team that whooped your ass in the regular season?

>people complaining about offence and special teams
>clearly 100% lost solely because of bad defence.
K.
I'll defend this one. Fournette was running all over him. Hindsight is 20/20 but at the time expecting team that put up 42 points against you largely on the ground to go 3 and out is silly. That being said it was the worst onside kick I've seen in a while.
Onside is fucking rigged in Madden tho.

>Ben
>Hall of Fame
good one

*misuses time-outs to minimize the benefit of the two minute warning*

>wut if i recover the bawl and become a legend

The onside kick just gave them another opportunity to get the ball. Dumbass play was the flag and the 4th down attempts

>dumbest onside kick
>even after that backfires, still has a chance to save two minutes, kick an easy field goal, and try ANOTHER onside kick
>instead just pisses away two minutes going for a meaningless touchdown
>THEN orders a squib kick, when the only way to win with 1 second left was a recovered onside kick you take to the house

did he just give up after the last JAX TD? that's the worst fucken coaching i seen

to be fair, they shouldve been playing the titans if not for supreme refball to ensure it didn;t happen

I had no idea rapists had a hall of fame.

>2nd sneed goes one and done

Tomlin is a BIG BALLER

BIG BALLERS dont think

>rushing on 4th down instead of throwing a long bomb
why do they do this shit

I have to think the plan was for that power squib to hit a jJg and bounce back so that they could proceed to do lateral shenanigans
A regular onside kick is just a straight up jump ball and then fall on the floor which would do no good

Well, Bruce Arians literally drank paint, so...

niggaz gotta slang they nutz at all time else they lose they swagga

yeah but 1 first down and its effectively over. 2 first downs and its officially over. It wasnt about scoring.
Like I said hindsight is 20/20, but hell maybe backed up they'd do a more aggressive playcall on 3rd down and get it.
This right here. The dumb decision was going for the touchdown, let alone throwing short of the goal line after the intentional grounding call. Should have kicked the field goal immediately after the penalty.

...except Omar Epps

It was a badly executed onside kick, with a penalty tacked on. I'd be more mad at the special teams for cocking it up that badly.

AYO HOL' UP

He is without a doubt a HoF QB, they don't particularly have high standards in the NFL HoF. It ain't like baseball.

I've always liked Tomlin because he makes the ballsy moves that if they work out make the game much easier
He just managed to miss on every single one today

its called the academy of motion picture arts lmao.

What they did when they got the ball back was even worse. They should have been playing for a FG first

two rings as a QB basically locks you in

yes, Eli will get in too

Fuck the Steelers in general, but I want to better understand why they did a squib kick. Was the idea that you squib, hope for a muff, and recover for a Field Goal?

A recovery in that scenario wouldn't run the 1 second off right?

*fails another 2 point conversion*

It was the right call, why the fuck would you trust your defence who gave up 42 points at that junction to hold the jags? the kicker just fucked up spectacularly

If the Rooneys weren't such SJW cucks they would fire this retard tomorrow...that made Andy Reid look brilliant.
7 playoff losses with Ben as QB.

underrated

>wins 2 owls
>great career stats
>consistently a great qb

How is he not hall of fame?

All the shills saying "MUH BORTLES 48 POINTS"

He onside kicked with:

>2 (TWO) minutes and 17 seconds on the clock
>with the two minute warning still up
>with TWO (2) timeouts
>after 2 (TWO) jaguar 3 and out possessions
>with a challenge flag remaining
>with Big Ben on FIRE throwing fourth down dragons

worst call of the season. There is NO excuse for this.

i can imagine the post presser now. him doing that grunt style militant cadence style talking and constant up lip/nose curls

>they don't have particularly high standards at Canton
are you fucking trolling me? TO is still not in the Hall despite being the third-best wideout in NFL history, just as one example. Their standards are ridiculously high.

There is, the Steelers defence was fucking garbage

Onside kick was the better option, seeing as you need a 3 and out anyway. The kicker just didn’t kick it far enough

being a Steeler will also do that

Tomlin pls stop.

In CY+3 sexual assault allegations may as well be a murder conviction in the eyes of the NFL public relations team.

It is though, you have better odds. One on the onside kick and for your defense
Too bad brainlets dont understand this

TO isn't in strictly because the voters hate him. Nobody hates Ben except feminists

Lel that's long passed, he's getting in don't be dumb

I'm not a feminist and I hate Ben because overrated as fuck.

They know the dumb bitch made it up tho.
this too. They are salty that someone better than them all has such top tier banter.

He's a lifelong Steeler as well. Guaranteed lock for the HoF

I think it was 35 points because one of Jacksonville's TDs was an INT return.

The NFL HOF standards are really for wide receivers for some reason but outside of that pretty much everyone who has made like 5 pro bowls gets in.

LOL

>Onside kick was the better option, seeing as you need a 3 and out anyway.
unironically this
between kicking it short and into your own teammate to give the jags 5 yards closer to a game clinching field goal, the kicker messed up the most

Joe Namath is only in because he's >le guarantee man

>blames Tomlin
>Not Haley
>not Big Ben throwing more picks than Bortles
>not Antonio for moving up
>ignoring how the team was legit more focused on getting their asses drilled at Foxborough to even think about how not to get blown out by the jags. Again.
My my, don’t you Yinzers ever try and take on some responsibility for yourselves?

This is basically where I'm at. PIT's offense was on fire. Bortles had been good in the 4th, but not overall. You have to keep it to a one score game.

>that first Time out
Clock management has always been a weakness of his. Nobody should be shocked.

Rich Kotite

No it’s not, they held the jaguars 3 and out, but because they tried an onside kick jags still got 3 points. If jags where at their own 25 they punt with 2 mins left up only 7.
Doing a 5% play when you have no need to is absolutely retarded and indefensible- just like not QB sneaking with a 6’8” qb on 4th and inches.

Their last successful onside kick was in 2007, their defense managed to stop the jags a couple of times. Play your defense.

Ghostface BFTO

>Lose to the Jags twice at home in one season exactly 10 years after losing to the Jags twice at home in one season

Name a more cucked fanbase than Stoolerfaggots

if they had fallen on the ball without advancing the clock would not have started

A first down ended the game. The bet was that he had a better shot at getting the onsides kick than he had of stopping them from getting1 first down

Pittsburgh only had the ball and down one score twice the entire game.

You hope for the returner to basically bobble the the ball when trying to pick it up... a fg is out of question. You need to recover fumble for td

>people unironically asking why he went for an onside kick
>expecting him to depend on a 3 and out
>his team gave up 45 pts and couldn't stop fournette if their life depended on it

Boswell just fucked it up

Kek
Saved

Black people should be segregated from coaching in sports, just saying.

Yes it's more of the coaches fault that ben gave up 14 points on turnovers

Nothing to do with ben

>37/58 469 yards 5tds(6 really) 1 int
>playing from well behind in obcious pass only situations
>against one of, if not the best defence in the NFL
>somehow responsible for the loss.
Fucking leafs man. Don't post about sports you don't understand. I don't shit up Cricket posts. Don't pretend. you understand football more than my mom.
Defence shit the bed hard.
I feel like lots of teams don't practise the onside enough or draw creative onsides for these situations.

yes it is. Onside are usually recovered out of field goal range. If you stop them in 3 down like you are supposed to going for it just give you another chance to get the ball back

Maybe the Rooneys secretly hated blacks, and forced them into coaching to show everyone how bad they are at it?

>blaming the offense when the defense gave up +40pts

Yeah if there wasnt a flag on the play the offense wouldnt have been in range. So the defense still gets a chance

you almost never recover onside kicks

That wasn't a squib kick

they would've lost the 1 second in any onside recovery so they had to try to kick it at a player, bounce it off and run t back somehow. They missed all the players

Jason fucking Garret makes me wonder.

>jags would run the same three plays from their own 25
No they wouldnt. expect an off tackle on 2nd and maybe even a throw on third. Their chance of a first was much higher if they were out of field goal range.
also this. The kick should have been further, which would also negate the penalty which would have put Jags out of safe field goal range without a game winning first down anyway.

I can't remember the last one that was successful that I saw happen live and ive been watching football forever

And the defense almost never stopped fournette

this is true. As a Gnats fan Im kinda glad. But as a football fan, I'm kinda sad he cucked Romo out of greatness.

Speaking of which, why does Marvin Lewis still have a job?

Coaching by their entire staff was mind numbingly stupid.

- Onside kick with over two min left and two timeouts
- Chance to kick easy FG then go for onside with 45 second left but chews up clock for meaningless last second TD
- Jags tore Ben apart last game yet start game in spread and barely give Bell the ball
- 4th & 1 from midfield when mounting a comeback and call f it I’m goin deep
- Bortles can be pressured into bad decisions yet never blitz, no creativity on D

I know there’s more but need to watch Vikes/Saints. Steelers fans should be pissed at entire staff for this game. Game plan, execution and play calling was absolute shit.

Wow, could this tweet BE any more racist? I'm glad Twitter is is starting to crack down on this kind of behavior. Where can I report this bigot?