Should East Asia adopt Hangul?

It works pretty well with Japanese language...

Idk about Chinese and Vietnamese

How about all of Asia adopts the latin alphabet instead? I mean you have to learn it anyway.

It doesn't work well with Chinese.

That would be a terrible idea. The problem with the languages is that the same sound/word can mean many different things, and it's hard to distinguish between them in undetailed contexts.

Well, if we adopt it, we would have to modify the shit out of it, since Vietnamese and Korean don't share a lot of sounds, plus the tonal problem. Some of scholars have created some alphabets that suit the Vietnamese phonology, but none is well-known.

Also this. Viet has a fuckton of phonemes.

Hangul is not that great. I can read Japanese and Chinese way faster, and they look much nicer.

Why would Japan adopt hangul instead of just using Hiragana and Katakana and getting rid of kanji? Get rid of katakana as well if you want to simplify it even more. Bam, done.

This

Also Japanese is more aesthetic, hangul just seems practical because it's easier to learn, just get the basic rules and you can make the rest by yourself, but at the end of the day it's not that easy to read as Japanese is.
I think one shouldn't replace the other, their purposes are completely different and I don't want any of those to disappear.

Chinese and vietnamese can go to hell.

Aren't jap and korea the only non tonal language in Asia?

reading a paragraph in only hiragana is eye rape, kanji makes it easier to read imo

Just add spaces and it's fine. Everyone would get used to it.

Don't they read top to bottom?

There's plenty. Mongolian, Khmer, Malay, Sundanese, Javanese, Madurese, Balinese, the Filipino languages, etc

Can do either.

>chinese and vietnamese can go to hell
communists are people too

How about you kill yourself you fucking dumb shit? Also go back to korea.

Negative.

>20 stroke hanzi/kanji is more readable than hangul

Ok weeb

Shut the fuck up. You're just a dumbfuck monoglot yankee. Why do you think anyone cares about what you have to say?

Typical brazilian.

>what are Asian immigrants

stupid pronunciation, even Korean can't recognize differences.

A polish teenager did invent a japanese writing system using hangul. He calls it Nihon no Hangul.

Maybe you can try to make a Vietnamese or Chinese. Nobody is stopping you.

The fact that I know how impractical that would be is stopping me
Chinese and Vietnamese phonology is much more complex than Korean's.

LOL.

don't use, you will misunderstand Japanese pronunciation.

Yea some of the syllabal rows are really off phonetically.

No

Except we can

i see:

then how about this?

i know lot of such a case.

>i see
>i know
>lot of
It's called a common spelling error, which happens in every language.

Ibaga vs ... Issadaga ?

Korean language is so confusing, so terrible.

Because 돼 is an abbreviation of 되어 and 되어 and 되 practically have same pronunciation in modern Korean.

English speaker bitching about other languages' pronunciation is fucking hilarious, you even have a competition fully devoted to write your words properly only with pronunciation.

>devoted to write
*devoted to writing

The first order of business would be the vowels in Vietnamese, I think. You can start assigning individual ones without too much trouble, e.g.

a = 아
e = 에
i = 이
o = 오
u = 우

and even, say, ơ = 어; ư = 으 — but you run into trouble right away when you want to write "Trương", the surname, what do you do? We can get around TR (which is an affricate that happens to be written as a digraph) easily enough with ㅊ or something, but we can't combine 어 + 으. Writing it in two blocks as 처응 is also undesirable because initial ㅇ would be needed to represent initial /ŋ/ in Vietnamese (e.g. Nguyễn).

TL;DR: you probably shouldn't waste your time trying to write Vietnamese with Hangŭl, it's a mess.

just i want to say, even Korean can't understand own languages differences.

From what I've heard, 애 and 에 were historically pronounced differently everywhere. They've merged for many modern speakers, but there are still some that distinguish them.

Many chinese even give up on their names when learning english, they just adopt a western name they like or sounds alike to their real name, sometimes koreans do that too, Japanese don't do that though.

You can't force specific phonems into other languages, my last name uses ñ so I simply substitute it for n and that's it.

>Linguists literally say that hangul is an amazing alphabet
>weebshits trying to pass the shitshow known as japanese written system as better.

>>but there are still some that distinguish them
yeah, and they can't. unfortunately.

Incidentally, some of them choose strange names that native English speakers generally don't give their children. I've met people who go by—I shit you not—Apple and Blueberry.

You're right, though, about many Korean and Chinese people taking English names. I actually have a friend from college who is Korean; she only goes by her Korean name when speaking Korean. A friend of hers who I don't know that well is also Korean, but she goes by her Korean name in English, too.

It would be interesting to see what percentage of immigrants and foreign students from East Asia keep their names, and whether that proportion differs significantly between Koreans and Chinese. I'd also be curious to find out what reasons they have for taking a new name. Do they feel pressure to do so? Are they just trying to fit in better? Are they worried their given names will be too difficult for English speakers to pronounce? The phenomenon also seems mostly limited to Koreans and Chinese, despite the existence of conspicuous names in other cultures that English speakers might have trouble pronouncing.

Why bother to use some irrelevant writing system?

Kim, it doesn't work with Japanese since Hangul never replaces Kanji
If you abandon Kanji like Korean, you'll not be able to understand old literature and lose cultural backbone
Look at silly Korea, they just neglect their miserable history written in old Chinese books, generate glorious history instead, and live in fantasy

Oh boy, here we go

going to canada

Reminder that thsi poster is a recognized infamous spammer who has a serious mental disorder. please just leave him alone

Haha did he say anything incorrect though? Stop trying so hard, kimchi boy.

Yeah, the idea that japan will lose their cultural backbone if they stop using Chinese characters in their writing.

Did I give you permission to reply to me? Learn your place, yank.

since korean abandoned kanji they can't understand difficult sentence, so they can't study own self.

forexample

복강경 담낭 절제술 = 腹腔鏡下胆嚢摘出術=laparoscopic cholecystectomy

복강경 담낭 절제술 they can't understand what that mean.

fuck off and commit sudoku you Filfhy jap

>Korean languages merit
they can easily copy Japanese sentence because Japanese made korean language.