I watched The Truman Show last night and I can't stop thinking about it, it's really getting to me even this morning

I watched The Truman Show last night and I can't stop thinking about it, it's really getting to me even this morning.

What was the last movie you watched that really affected you?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Truman_Show_delusion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capgras_delusion
freeyourbrain.tripod.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Woodsman with Kevin Bacon because the subject mater is so taboo and its dealt with in such a brilliant way. That scene with the girl on the bench was absolutely heartbreaking.

I litterally just finished watching Trainspotting and now I'm pretty depressed

This is the film that really started my fascination with cinema.

Try the book. it's great

A Boy and His Dog.

Not really disturbing (well kind of) but it's a movie that would get alot of flak in this political climate if released today.

There's a high quality version up on YouTube. Highly recommend it.

The Counselor.

Watched it 10+ time. Legitimately deep.

I just saw "The Matrix" for the first time a couple weeks ago.

Wow.

Like, could life really be a simulation?

It could.

Fuck off, pretentious idiot.

>rt
>calling someone pretentious

I watched Brazil a couple months ago and it's still messing with me.

I just want meaningful relationships with people, I feel completely alienated. Everything seems fake and superficial, something feels missing. Blegh.

Rogue One. Wasn't that deep of a movie, but I got to watch it with my father (who I've seen all of the Star Wars movies with in theater)

Lost in Translation.

Haven't been affected by any movie since.

I always wondered what ScarJo says to Bill Murray at the end.

Meaningful relationship are rare and precious, you should keep that in mind.

"thank you"

It really gets to you when you realise both of these are true.

No Country for Old Men.

Read the book then watched the film.

Threads

>Brazil

That movie was retarded.

Maybe you can explain to a pleb what the last scene's significance was.

Synecdoche New York really got to me, had to watch some always sunny before I could go to sleep

go home to reddit youngfag

>Rogue One. Wasn't that deep of a movie,
it wasn't deep at all.

All I watch just makes me want a gf even more
Just finished watching Shameless S01E03, same thing again
And I'm no loser kissless virgin either, I just have no gf ;_;

if you're so desperate to be a normalfag maybe you should go outside

I thought Phone Booth was pretty great, just watched it like 2 hours ago. Before that Blow Out.

perhaps you don't understand this thread you stupid faggot

I'm serious though, it affected me emotionally. It was intense, it had innovating camera work with split screens. Colin Farrel's moral dilemma with his wife and prospective fling was good, and his redemption was great. Very nice character, and his arc is well done. The scene where he's apologizing to his waifu before he expects to be shot was emotionally moving for such a atypical film. Joel Schumacher did a fantastic job.

Perhaps you don't understand this thread you stupid faggot.

Fucking cold war kino. Patrician taste user

The Topeka scenes really stayed with me for some reason. I get that it's supposed to be underground but the black sky and all of the green hills was really weird contradictory imagery

There was a time in my 20s where I had what could maybe be called a schizotypal disorder episode, where I became increasingly paranoid, and my life itself felt like The Truman Show and the people around me were all in on it. It got so bad I almost jumped out of a moving car.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Truman_Show_delusion
>The Truman Show delusion, informally known as Truman Syndrome, is a type of persecutory/grandiose delusion in which patients believe their lives are staged plays, reality television shows, or are being watched on cameras in general.

There was also a period where I think I suffered from the Capgras delusion, where I believed that people around me had been replaced by impostors.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capgras_delusion
>Capgras delusion is a disorder in which a person holds a delusion that a friend, spouse, parent, or other close family member (or pet) has been replaced by an identical-looking impostor.

I think both of those delusions were perhaps due to drug-induced psychosis.

But I was also heavily reading/beleving the following site, which is essentially distilled schizophrenia.
freeyourbrain.tripod.com/

I became afraid of words themselves.