Power Rangers Thread

I saw this movie on Friday. Thought it was an okay to spend 8 bucks. It was a bit cheesy at times, but audiences around me liked it. 6/10

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VY_XJEayVqA
youtube.com/watch?v=M3NKIWgaTLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fc_fkZusY-w
youtube.com/watch?v=bKR2AK3ua4A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It felt like a bad fusion of Chronicle, Transformers, and Power Rangers. They could've done better if they just focused it on one.

>make thread on opening day when no threads have started yet
>2 replies
>next day there's a thread with over 300 posts

Fuck me apparently.

The moment I knew it would all be okay...

Does anybody have a gif. Webm. Or even a still of this scene??

youtube.com/watch?v=VY_XJEayVqA

Wish they played the full song instead of that Kanye (?) shit right afterwards

Liked the movie, not a fan of the show, but the theme music is so iconic that I'm surprised it wasn't used more. Would have been nice to have it implemented in the score too

I dunno, I noticed that they cut off right at the part where they start to sing "MIGHTY MORPHIN' Power Rangers" so maybe it's a licensing issue or some shit.

No fucking way they're gonna be able to make 6 pictures with this. A sequel I can see, but I highly doubt they'd shell out bucks to make a 3rd one.

Everybody is trying to create a cinematic universe now and it fucking blows. Just make 1 good movie or 2 instead of multiple shitty or mediocre ones.

>It was a bit cheesy at times
literally what were you expecting it's a fucking power rangers movie

I guarantee you this is cheap Jew shit so Saban doesn't pay Ron Weissman royalties.

I saw this movie with my dad and his girlfriend and they got drunk and wouldn't shut the fuck up during the whole thing. Then my dad starts singing along to the song played during Billys "death"

They should've made this Power Rangers a CW series..

youtube.com/watch?v=M3NKIWgaTLQ

Would it killed them to make a full remake of the song?

I love the first 50 seconds but then it is just getting boring.

They didn't even try cpr

What kind of shitty theatre did you go to where they don't throw you out if you talk loudly during the movie?

D R O P P E D

Sounds like The Avengers theme

>Trini
Best Ranger best waifu
>Zack
Best feels
>Kimberly
Best hair cutting scene
>Billy
Best autist
>Jason
Total snorefest

>Kimberly
>best anything
she was a cunt m8

Anyone else think Kim actually vaguely resembled Amy Jo sometimes?

Billy was the best

I thought this about her mannerisms at times. If it was intentional, I'm impressed.

During Hiatus:

> David Yost reveals he's gay
> Thuy Trang dies in car accident after not wearing seatbelt

Reboot comes:
> Yellow Ranger is now Gay
> Blue Ranger is now Autistic

>Kimberly
best ass

That's a weird way to spell Trini

Most likely is. The version used in the film was the '95 The Movie version of the song. Most, if not all assets from that film still belong to Fox. So I guess Saban didn't want to pay for the rights for the whole thing, just a clip.

Not when you're a jew named Saban. Making 6 mediocre films that sell is better than 1 or 2 critically acclaimed films. But I agree there's no way they make it to 5 or 6.

same, I wish they played the original theme longer

Just saw it.

They took out the Jason and Kim kiss from the trailers.

Please tell me they're going to lez out trini and kim.

and no gay pls, don't want jason and billy and/or zack

They're laying the groundwork for the Jason/Kimberly/Tommy love triangle.

Lesbian Trini and Kim will be too much of a risk

pretty sure they're going to do kim, jason and tommy love triangle in the next movie.

Yo, Kim did a lot of shit when she was in the zord.

compared to original mmpr where her zord was the least useful

I think I never felt so much relieved after watching a movie because of the fear that would suck like it happened with ATLA. The only thing the bothered me was the original theme song playing for just 10 seconds and the megazord gattai happening inside a smokescreen.

All zords were useless alone, the only time I remember of a zord fighting alone was in the fight between Dragonzord and the Tyranossaurus

Post more

No surprise, Fox can out-Jew even Saban.

I just saw this yesterday and I was drunk with my bro and cousin, it was fun
wasn't expecting much from it anyway

I'm upset that they didn't do this

>Trini
Best dyke

I'm hopig the next one will embrace the camp a little bit more

Start with a cheesy action sequence set to the theme song

The hope is film 2 they bust out some traditional stuff. Like team poses and team knock outs.

if its okay to spend 8 bucks on it will be even better to spend 0 dollars on

I was actually shocked at how full the theater was. A lot of little kids and they all seemed to be loving it.

It's got a 46% from critics and an 82% from audiences on RT. From what I remember the first Transformers had a similar reception so sequels are definitely in the works.

>RT

They also didn't do the "turn away while the enemy explodes in the background" thing that was in every PR episode
And there wasn't enough poses.

SO THAT'S IT HUH

WE SOME KINDA

MEGAZORD?!?

It was way better than expected. The main cast all did a good job of acting and had fantastic chemistry, way better than the original team did. Could have used a bit more suit fighting but I'm good overall.

I just want Lord Zedd as the villain in the Sequel, they don't even need to change his design, he is already perfect for a more adult and edgier version of PR.

I loved how campy Rita was. Her design is shit and I was scared they were gonna make her all edgy but she hammed it up so much and it was great. I can't believe used the "make my monster grow" line.

WHO WANTS SOME FUCKING KRISPY KREME?!?

I do

youtube.com/watch?v=fc_fkZusY-w

Autismo was great but the movie could have used a bit less screen time on him and more on the other characters

Yeah Zach didn't get nearly enough screen time.

They spend about 20 mins in the suits and alot of that was in the zords. Need alot more action and alot less "he told everyone i was the meanest person he ever met"

The "Power Rangers" part of the film was the worst part

>already taken down
SAAABBAAAAAAAANNNNNNN

did anyone else cry during the zack campfire scene

The whole scene was really emotional but yeah he definitely stole the show.

Just came back from it. It's a 7/10, if they make a sequel they better go full ham and give us silly poses and more HYUT HAAH HIIYAAAAAA stuff, else I nuke Israel

I kinda want to see it because

1) Nostalgia

2) Pink Ranger is insanely attractive

But it looks dumb otherwise.

>But it looks dumb otherwise
As expected of Power Rangers

Well it's very much an origin story, they only become the power rangers in the last act, but if you want to see it because of reason 2 you should because she goes swimming in nothing but bra and panties

youtube.com/watch?v=bKR2AK3ua4A
I thought she was gonna kill herself

She's half-English, half poo in the loo.

This movie was great, god damn. I wasn't too fond of how underdeveloped Zack was, and the Megazord popping in out of nowhere was weird, but I thought it was legitimately a good superhero movie.

I loved how Zordon was sort of manipulating the Rangers at first (very Walter White). Loved how they made Billy an important character without making him some unrealistic super-genius. Loved that Trini actually had a character (though, again, they seemed to do fuck all with Zack).

I actually trust Saban to not fuck up with this new movie series. He loves this shit, and it shows. Him being in charge of these movies is like competent, 1970's Stan Lee coming to the present-day and working on the Marvel movies.

I think everything's going to be alright.

This movie was worth it just to see Brian Cranston play a fucking power ranger