This is what Japanese people imagined about "weeaboos" about 15 years ago... Was it close enough to real weeaboos...

This is what Japanese people imagined about "weeaboos" about 15 years ago... Was it close enough to real weeaboos? And what about now? Did they change from this type of "filthy gaijins"?

I read this in their voices

Those caricatures do not adequately capture just how pitiful a weeaboo is. It seems almost childlike in its innocence and assumptions.

This is more in line with the true dregs of Japanophiles.

Funny. We think the same thing about you gooks.

how does japan feel about non-weeaboo gaijin
are they generally indifferent? maybe more wary? I want to get my masters degree there.

It was accurate then and it's accurate now. The only difference is that weeaboo is used to mean someone who just likes anime now instead of the actual meaning.

T: Weeaboo

We welcome foreigners unless you're a weeaboo.

>You think that's bad
Yuo are like little baby

These people are too grown up.

weeaboos aren't Aryans that pure but I guess Japanese can't tell the difference

I saw a comic showing a japanese version of.

Basicaly some overweight autistic japanese person being super into original american cartoons and being elitist about it and saying "I need to go to the USA they will understand and accept me there".

I am sure super nerdy comic fans in Japan are considered strange in Japan and being a foreigner only makes it more pathetic.

kek found it

that's pretty funny but not really a fair comparison as anime is a much more versatile genre than American cartoons which are almost entirely childrens' shows

this is what the comic is making fun

>>this japanese cartoon is so deep and artistic man we dont have this stuff in the west.

And anyways your statement might have been true 2 decades ago but not since 2000. There is a ton of cartoons geared toward teenagers and adults, with themes of sex, drugs, and violence. Some of the most popular shows among adults are cartoons.

pretty sure the comic is making fun of weebs
but what are the popular cartoons for adults? I only know the Simpsons/Family Guy/whatever garbage and reddit and morty
only good cartoon that's not for children I can recall is Futurama

Uh no anime is basically for kids and teenagers

>and teenagers
that's the important part
spongebob squarepants, cartoon network and nickelodeon is not for teenagers

>not for children
>Futurama
Yout test score is ready! Your mental age is:

... 12.

>>south park
>>family guy
>>american dad
>>rick and morty
>>drawn together
>>bojack horseman
>>archer
>>aquateen hunger force
>>sealab 2021
>>futurama
>>ugly Americans
>>boondocks
>>Metalocalypse

thank you for your insight Hans
I'm pretty sure the show that introduced the suicide booth in the first episode is not the same as spongebob squarepants

there are some good ones there like archer and futurama but most of them are just animated sitcoms which is because American cartoons are very devoid of all personality compared to the Japanese

>American cartoons are very devoid of all personality compared to the Japanese
I can almost smell you from here.

I don't even watch anime m8 just stating a fact
American cartoons are creatively bankrupt which is why Japanese Ameriboos or just Ameriboos in general don't care about their cartoons

you asked for a list of cartoons that are not for kids and you got them. And that list is small, it is much bigger but I am not spending 2 hours making a list compiling every cartoon not for kids.

And again you are acting like the faggot from the comic.

>>non-japanese animation is stupid. Japanese animation is do deep and artistic. It makes me cry. Nothing can compete.

You are acting like a weeb. It is just cartoons, nobody gives a fuck except weebs.

>people unironically care about what others enjoy

How does a Mexican weeb look like? Post pic.

should have been more specific, I don't really care about Japanese anime, used to watch pokemon and yugioh as a kid but that's really it
but the fact is that the fandom for Japanese anime exists and not really for American cartoons for a reason and that reason is that American cartoons tend to be uninspired "quippy" trash

Accurate except the Black guy would have a flatter nose and bigger lips.

fandom exists amomg weebos who are huge losers in the west. The japanese spoke up on this thread what they think of foreigners who are into cartoons. Make no mistake it is pathetic when a japanese is super into anime, but even more pathetic when it is some foreigner.

Cartoons are cartoons to me. Maybe some are funny, but if your life revolves around cartoons whether it be some strange japanese stuff or western shows about ponies, kill yourself

>rick and morty
>simpsons
>south park

wew lad

hello isaq

What defines a "weeaboo," exactly? Does general Nipland hatred extend to anyone who enjoys Japanese cartoons, or those who base their lives off some weird Naruto cosplay/RP thing, or what?

I have no desire to go to Japan, I'm just curious. Let's say a middle-class carpenter decided to move to Japan with his wife (planning on never having children) to experience and see the culture, and also watched anime in his spare time but you'd never know from talking to him. Would this man be hated, or just generally excluded from Japanese in-groups because baka gaijin? How does rural vs. city affect this?

I ever though why such thing like anime or manga become a big thing in Japan. Otakus were bad news for ordinary Japanese. Otakus have contributed to decreased productivity in Japan and been formed a hotbed ofa sexual offense against a child. However,looking at the phenomenon that the boom have public sympathy even in foreign countries,I dont come to think of it as only Japan's problem but a negative aspect of contemporary world society. I wonder if Japanese otaku only played a role as a canary in a coal mine.

me on the right

That was a very insightful post.

>I dont come to think of it as only Japan's problem but a negative aspect of contemporary world society. I wonder if Japanese otaku only played a role as a canary in a coal mine.
I think this pretty much nails it.