WHAT THE FUCK

>browsing Sup Forums, walk away from laptop to get a drink
>come back to see this

Holy fuck, never have i been so fucking fired up to yell "I DO NOT CONSENT" in my life before. My automatic updates are turned off. Why the fuck is this happening? Can I sue them for this? How is this ok?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3p7lndGi-sI
apps.marincounty.org/BeaconRoa/BeaconROAView.aspx?cvl_case_intrnl_no=190540
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Electric Jew strikes again

>>there is nothing you can do

Obey.

They are more desperate than car salesman to get you to upgrade so they can boost their stats. I have dodged it for a few months now

When it finishing, just don't accept their agreement, it's one of the first things it will ask you. It will return your computer to windows 7.
Had to do this with a few work computers, not a big deal desu

I DO NOT CONSENT
I DO NOT CONSENT
I DO NOT CONSENT
I DO NOT CONSENT
I DO NOT CONSENT

TRIPS

Should've used Never10

Same shit basically happened to me. If anyone thinks big brother isn't watching well..

>he didn't uninstall the upgrade update

Someone already sued microshit over this and won for 10,000$

Call up your jew lawyer OP and get ready to get paid.

youtu.be/3p7lndGi-sI

Shoulda turned off your computer fag

just give up

w10 is the best

Yep, I did it, I got rid of the update whatever number it is and gwx.exe

You all deserve it though. Don't know how many arguments I've been in on here over using a Mac, trying to explain why it's better.
It's more expensive, it's used by SJW. It's also used by every vicious media and banking kike, from Zuckerburg on down.
Who do you think knows more? SJW also take shits in toilets too, so should I start shitting in the street like a paki?

if your using windows 8 you dont have a choice. if your using windows 10 you cant actually turn off automatic updates either

if your using 7 then you still have automatic updates turned on

linux my man

RAPED
A
P
E
D

The moment my computer decides to upgrade to a shittier OS without my permission...

... Is the moment I go full autist and take the plunge into linux and tinfoil-hat computing.

Fuck you Microsoft. Burn in hell.

Turn off your computer before it stalls dumbass. Worked for me

This happened to me yesterday too. Funny thing is is that it cant install the update because I dont have enough storage but it keeps trying persistently irregardless. So fucking annoying.

God how I miss the days of Windows XP.

Windows 10 is not bad, but I still get the feeling of getting ass fucked by Microsoft every time I log on my Asus laptop.

If you're unhappy with windows, you should try out ubuntu

It's not perfect but if you hate windows it's at least worth checking out

Install Gentoo you fucking pleb

Why the fuck don't people want updates to their software?

Windows 10:
>Meant for tablets and tablet hybrids
>Allows microsoft to look at your shit (even moreso than already was teh case)

Also, fuck being forced into an OS change. If I want something different, I'll fucking do it myself.

I'd rather used a rasberry pi nigger-rigged to an old TV than use windows. It's the worst...just think in terms of numbers, 88% of computers in the US use windows.

So obviously, every data mining jew is going to tailor it to idiots still using windows for muh gaming. Windows is the worst piece of shit...and you are also helping bill gates feed niggers who are now flooding Europe.

Admired Jobs take on charity, which was "fuck you."

because microsoft is doing shady shit. upgrading your OS can mean less privacy

> He doesn't know Arch is the greatest drug known to mankind

This woman sued Microsoft for 10,000 shekels for updating and fucking up her computer

apps.marincounty.org/BeaconRoa/BeaconROAView.aspx?cvl_case_intrnl_no=190540

There is no escape unless you switch to Linux

Yeah so I can kiss every slightly relevant and cool piece of software or program goodbye, and have essentially a giant useless tablet where I can only type in word documents and browse the internet. Fantastic fucking idea, faggot.

Drop windows, and install Mint. Mint 18 just dropped, I believe.

10,000? That's it? That ain't even paper clips and drier lint to Microshit

>I'm too stupid to figure out console commands

Microsoft hasn't made a proper desktop OS in ages.

>current year
>using windows
Kek

Windows 10 is awesome. What the hell OP?

Is it possible for somebody with only introductory-level programming experience to design their own linux distribution?

Like say I wanted a VERY PARTICULAR setup for my computer, with a VERY PARTICULAR set of programs and functions. How would I go about making that?

>Irregardless

>the plunge into linux and tinfoil-hat computing.
yes, it's tin foil hat to think the Jews are data mining everything you type into your computer.

Cuckerburg is worth 50 billion from idiots who buy gold coin for their farming thing, not from selling your info to every gubment and corporation on earth.

All the time people waste, take one 3 day weekend to set up linux, a good VPN (one you pay for with gift cards), and fix your DNS settings so no leaks.

You are done.

>plunge into linux and tinfoil-hat computing

Most servers run on Linux asshat

>Windows 10 is not bad

Win10 is literally cancer. There is a reason it's free.

Because their stupid and irrelevant constant, neverending updates eat up my fucking time and bandwidth. I'll install their shitty NSA data mining software whenever the fuck I feel like it. I'm the customer, it's not up to them.

update=/=upgrade

Your only hope is linux.

I'd be horrified too if I came back and found my laptop was an HP.

Who /neverupgradedandstillonwindows7/ here

Don't forget to set up your own email server, or, if this is too daunting, to switch over to tutanota or protonmail.

Also, stop using Chrome or IE/Edge.

Reason #5839718932891 to just bite the financial bullet and buy a Mac.

From my experience I rather use 10 than 8. 10 is much more smoother than the tablet focused 8.

just grab a very minimum distribution (the debian net install is 280MB for instance) and add what you want

Windows 10 connects to an IP address every time you click the Start orb. And you can't disable it from security settings.

Why Mac instead of Linux?

>relevant and cool
> le windows
I much prefer you keep your Windows, the fewer people running other OS, the less incentive for the Jews to bother with spyware with different OS. HAve fun with your "relevant and cool" software friend.

I've actually installed fedora and ubuntu had an olpc and have used back track to crack wifi.

linux is only good for a few things like serving and coding

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless

Its still legit. Fuck off fag.

Its the same shit for bloatware on my phone.

Had it for a year and 2/3rds of the memory is already full of updates to useless junk apps I dont use, cannot remove, and update themselves anyways no matter how many times I "deactivate" or "disable" them.

My opinion, on phones atleast, is that they use bloatware to fill your phone with junk update data making it run slower and slower, and have less and less memory so you will have to buy a new phone atleast once every 12 to 18 months.

Then they make upgrades happen only every 2 years, so you either gotta put up with a slow phone packed with bloatware, or pay $600 for a new one that isnt really much more powerful, its just not crammed with useless updates yet so it seems like it is.

ayyyyyy

HDMI

>>rasberry pi nigger-rigged to an old TV

protonmail, PGP if I absolutely have to send something over a different program to someone. If they don't know how to use PGP on their side, aren't worth communicating with.

Thank you for the advice. My calling it "tinfoil-hat" computing was supposed to be, er, ironic. I was just too lazy and not pissed off enough to jump from microsoft until now. I didn't mean to insult those who have already done all of this.

AM I RUNNING A SERVER, ASSHAT?
No, I'm just a fucking Sup Forums browser who has a fucking desktop computer like every other motherfucker in this country. Microsoft and apple have the meaningful majority of OS market share, don't condescend to me because I'm literally the average computer user.

I've stuck with a dumb phone, and have been extraordinarily happy with my decision to do so.

Or you could just install a custom ROM like Cyanogenmod and have your phone run like new.

>from my experience I'd rather get shot by a 9mm than a 50cal

I use Tuta, myself. But to each their own.

>HDMI
any TV after ~2007 had an HDMI jack.

you can roll it back to windows 7 once it installs don't worry :3

Well, considering I like to use my computer to actually do stuff computers were intended to do, I sure as hell wouldnt regress to the overpriced and worthless Apple meme machine.

I have however considered giving Linux a shot sometime in the future.

You can't sue. Especially if Windows 10 is on your computer.

What I did when that happened was that I didn't accept their terms right at the start. It just restarts and resets it back to Win7

>tfw my HDD with Windows 7 died a few months ago
>tfw now using Ubuntu but I'm too dumb to make games work now

I know, right?

win7 is best

I have deep seated control issues about automatic processes.

My computer is not a person, and it has no right to do anything I did not explicitly instruct it to do, or at least make a general decision about (complex processes, to stave off whoever's going to run up and scream "SO YOU WANT TO CLICK OK FOR EVER LINE OF CODE!?"

yep

My greatest fear of using Linux is fucking everything up and frying my computer.

open sores have become the new "i've got norton you can't touch me" fags

hurr what are rootkits
hurr what are hardware level backdoors
hurrr what iz deep packet inspection

I hope you've also uninstalled the telemetry updates though. That's why Windows 10 was installed in the first place.

A quick Google search can tell you which ones they are, then just go into the Windows Update menu and disable them individually.

Start with Mint. It's practically identical to Windows, minus the gaming ability.

the updating has failed so often and software that worked previously no longer worked, the trust is lost. The thing may just render itself useless without confirmation.

Afaik Arch is literally just a kernel + shell and a package manager.
If you want to go even further then that, you can always install gentoo.

>what do you mean you don't want to be spied on and lose all privacy

CIA pls

It's not about running a server. I was legitimizing Linux. Microsoft has the market share it has because it's been running a fucking monopoly since the 80's by having it's OS come with just about every single computer sold in the US. Apple is popular because of branding. Both suck balls, but at least Apple used to be good. The ipod is still probably the best mp3 player on the market even if their software is a piece of shit that will delete your entire library from time to time.

I'm not working on fucking commission for Mac, do you you will. However, you don't even realize the nightmare you are in until you've been out of it, things you don't even think of.

Reason apple is more expensive, same reason BMW is more expensive than a chevy. Are they overpriced and do too many SJW/hipsters own them? Yes, but it's still a million times better than fucking windows.

>Oh don't mind me goy! Just umm...errmm.. patching some widespread issues! You don't want to be left behind all the other goyim! Just let us include these new features and patches so that we can spy-aahh I mean make your Windows experience safer, smoother, and more enjoyable! :^)

I believe people are more concerned about having software installed that monitors your every move by default and can't be removed. I don't think anyone is saying Linux can't be cracked. In fact, every month I see critical bugs released on CERT for the Linux kernel. The difference is Linux devs want people to break their shit so they can fix it. Microsoft people want you in a nice cozy bubble, just like Apple, so you can't fuck anything up.

Im nowhere near technically inclined enough to do that without fucking up my phone. It takes a bit more knowledge than just "install this app."

It would be quicker and easier to use one of the normal distros and just pare it down/ install your own shit.

I don't like OSX. I realize that is a subjective opinion, but so what? Linux Mint breaks me out of Windows, while giving me an experience that I am very familiar with.

what the hell is this crack baby eating

At worst you mess up your current OS and have to try again. The only trouble I had with installing Ubuntu was getting a driver to work with my graphics card. If you use the latest distro of Ubuntu or Mint you shouldn't have a problem. Trying to install a graphics driver on Ubuntu was a shitshow.

get a hardware firewall place all of microsoft's servers on black list. Done and done.

HOW DO I GO BACK TO WINDOWS 7

Ayyy what's up?

Nah. Pic related.

Bottom's server, top is personal computer

>tfw the electric Jew got me 2 days ago and now I have 10

I have a minimalist custom ROM (didn't even come with a browser, google play, nothing, you have to install that shit manually at first). Feels great. No facebook, no carrier bullshit, no nothing. My phone battery only burns 30% per day with normal use including navigation, shitposting, texting. Eat shit, stock ROMhavers

My biggest issue with running linnux based OS is that you gotta be a lot more technically skilled than I am to run programs you actually need to use and a lot od emulators are open source shit.

Might have changed though, idk, havent ran linnux based anything since 2010 so maybe theres more options than there used to be.