So who IS the soccer goat?

So who IS the soccer goat?
Who won a continental, a world cup, the champions league and their own league with significant contributions in those seasons?

No memeing please.

Ronaldinho

>Who won a continental, a world cup, the champions league and their own league with significant contributions in those seasons?

Not really a fair way to determine who the GOAT is. There are a lot of players who fit those requirements, and are great players, but don't deserve the title of GOAT. For example, Iniesta has been a key player for Barca and Spain for at least 10 years, even scored the winning title in the WC final, but you wouldn't say he's better over his whole career than Messi, Maradona, Ronaldo, or even Cristiano. Same goes for Casillas, Ramos, Pique, lots of other Spanish players and some Germans as well (Lahm, Neuer, Muller, etc.). Being part of a team that won something great doesn't necessarily make you better than players from players from the team that didn't win.

Iniesta

Djimi Traore

those are pretty tight requirements, at least for europeans
the spanish lads fit the bill I suppose
xavi, iniesta, Pique, etc

>he didn't win a world cup both as player and as coach

Well Matthäus and Beckenbauer did it, too. And Müller. And Maier.

gotze

Don Andrés Iniesta Lujan
>2x EC, 1x WC
>4 UCL
>god knows how many league titles, cups, spanish super cups, european supercups, word club championships

matthäus never won the champions league

Gerd Müller
Puskás
Eusébio
What other old goats am I forgetting?

Xavi>iniesta

cruyff, di stefano

>Who won a continental, a world cup, the champions league and their own league with significant contributions in those seasons?

Not the correct GOAT criteria. End of thread.

Garrincha
Zico

to me it's tomato and tomatto, can't rate one above the other

Add a balon d'or in the mix and you are left with Zidane and Beckenbauer.

Ibrahimovic is the GOAT, he has the most varied medal collection which means he proved himself in various different leagues.

It's Pele you fucking children

>stops playing for sweden
>team better than ever

how can that be the goat

Messi

>Captcha: Madrid circus

>messi is bad because higuain doesn't score from breakthroughs

That's because they didn't wan to win with Ibra in the team. Swedes are racist as fuck, they want to see Svenson scoring.

Not the right criteria tho
Anyway Pele is the GOAT

Messi is the best footballer that has ever existed. Only nostalgia faggots disagree.

Do people really believe that iniesta is a better player than messi cause he won the wc?

messi wouldn't win anything without iniesta

Yeah, tell me how many WC he has won
if he has not accomplished to win at least one, he is still being a mediocre player

Pele

1. Pelé
2. Cristiano Ronaldo
3. Maradona
4. Messi
5. Ronaldo

good post

Bait

unironically, Roberto Carlos da Silva

>4 La Liga titles
>3 UCL titles
>1 World Cup
>2 Intercontinental Cups
>that curler against France
>world's best left wing-back for 10 years or so
>the only likeable Galactico

Toni Kroos has a crazy amount of titles

see Kingsley coman at 22

Zidane has CL, leagues, World Cup and Euro.

Do you rate him?

messi > maradona (maradona is just a hype beast) ronaldo even after injuries > cr7

1. Pelé
2. Zidane
3. Messi, Ronaldo
4. Gerd Müller
5. Cruyff

Not the GOAT but he stills better than Messi

agreed, but not by much

Pele will always have his place in history but how could you still think he is the best ever

Messi is almost as dominant in an era when the game has evolved 100x since the 60s and 70s

well pele didnt have the technical back up as messi has today. I agree its harder today and you cant know how pele would turn out if he started in modern football so i compare them each to their own era and how they excelled at it given their possibilities. Pelé was a fucking god since he was 19yo and played MAJOR roles in 2wc wins. Messi is also VERY good (too good) in his era of football but he still chokes on important matches (not all but def a lot) its true one guy can only do so much for his team but i think if he truly was so good he wouldve decided 2014

Yeah well, Pele had not all this tech that Messi has in his clothes, shoes, food, medicine, etc. And he made it to win 3 WC, something that Lio will never do.

>Not the GOAT
why not?

how about the first man to ever roll a ball? he won WC like 40 times in a row...

neither did Pele's opponents dummy

exactly, they were on the same level of structure and pele won 3 wc and is argueably highest scoring forward of all time

Ferenc Puskas and it's not even close tbqh

If you exclude club friendlies than Messi has a good chance to become the highest scorer ever. He's about 10 goals shy of being the leader league scorer in European history while doing it around 100 games less than Ronaldo

>le can't win the champions league man

t. Man United customer

>they were on the same level of structure
doesn't really matter... back then, all you had was talent (also known as luck)... It's like comparing bolt (who trained every day like a horse) with early greek runners (who did it on a wednesday for idk... getting wine and pussy i guess)... they are way worse than him

problem is despite being basically normal competitions and due to brazils vast number of teams and size most of the cups and leagues werent rly recognized by europeans bc they didnt fit their model of competition. Here we have state championships, who tf in europe still has those? still if you watch em theyre as legit as any competition. Therefor this "frendlies dont count" arguement is largely false (however i do agree that there is some overcounting still)

samefag

state championships in brazil are legit as any, seemed not very well explained

That is my point
We have to analyze how they did in their respective era
Anyway I would say Pele had it even harder, back in the 60s and 70s there were a lot of NT better prepared and equipped than Brazil.

1970 brazil was leading the advances in terms of physical conditioning and creative plays, but that was at the end of his important career. Still i agree leather balls would often cut ppl trying to head them as an example, substitutes could ONLY be made in half time

Do people really believe Messi is a better player than Messi cause he scores the goals?

yeah but kroos actually played in the teams that won stuff

nope... i think MESSI is about the same quality player as MESSI

doesnt matter, he has the titles to his name. Douglas (rb) has more titles than games for barcelona

come on senpai you know what I meant

i agree, going of solely on titles won is retarded. ronaldo never won a CL yet hes in my top5 GOATs

titles are not everything I agree
however they are also not nothing
it makes sense to make titles at least an important factor in considering who's the goat

i didnt say theyre not important.

sir bobby charlton

you cant be serious

are you? he was the best player in the world at that time. he won the league, dominated the champions league and world cup AND scored in both finals. he was the leading goal scorer in all of europe iirc. might have been assist but i think it was goalscorer.

66 was it? even if thats true (dont have a god memory of what happened in 66) thats only one year being best of the world, more players were better and consistently better.

>Not really a fair way to determine who the GOAT is.
yes it is fag, fuck off with your argentiniuan shitters

as the 2nd post of this thread states, there are a lot of players who can fit the requirements. there can never be a single GOAT because of several reasons. there will always be a player who has had a better contribution at a certain aspect (i.e. assists, goalscoring, defending etc) with winning several trophies with his team than another player who has also achieved the same. this leads to the logical conclusion that there are several "GOATs" and i simply stated that sir bobby charlton will easily be one of them because he was one of those players who won all the trophies and had records along the way to winning said trophies. there would probably have been another guy on his team who also played really well and could be considered one of the GOATS such as george best who was phenomenal for that season.

also if you only count relevant trophies, Daniel Alves would be all time goat if he wins this worldcup (he wont)

6x laliga
3x world club cup
3x champions league
2x uefa cup
1x serieA
1x ligue1
1x copa america

literally the only thing missing

if any brit should even be considered (and they shouldn't) then it is george best

>george best

not this meme

he had like 3 good years, even Wayne Rooney achieved more

Soccer is a team sport

name a better left winger... or a brit