PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES Spoilers

Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) has been unable to restore the Black Pearl to its original side and spends his days drowning his sorrows over his recent misfortunes.

Captain Armando Salazar (Javier Bardem), a Spanish military officer whose ship sunk after an encounter with Sparrow, escapes from Devil's Triangle, a cursed place where the dead cannot be ferried into the afterlife. Salazar had been using a magical compass to hunt pirates and came after Sparrow, but Sparrow outsmarted him and stole the compass. Desperate to retrieve it, Salazar accidentally destroyed his own ship, the Silent Mary. Salazar and his ghost crew blame Sparrow and want revenge.

The Flying Dutchman confronts the Silent Mary, and Salazar meets Captain Will Turner (Orlando Bloom). Elizabeth Swan has died while Will was away, and he abandoned his mission. Because of this, he has lost his memories and is becoming a monster like Davy Jones. Salazar manipulates Will into beliving that Jack is an enemy and Will allows him to go after Jack.

Jack is located by Henry Turner (Brenton Thwaites), Will's son who has been searching for the legendary Trident of Poseidon to lift Will's curse. They escape from Salazar aboard a derelict vessel, the Dying Gull, and seek Carina Smyth (Kaya Scodelario), an aspiring astronomer who wants to prove her worth by deciphering the star map leading to the Trident's location. They help Jack restore the Black Pearl to its original size.

Upon learning about the Trident, Salazar wants to reclaim it so he revive himself and destroy all pirates and forces Jack's old nemesis Captain Hector Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush), who now commands the Queen Anne's Revenge, to help him.

After several battles, the four ships converge on the Trident's location and a battle erupts, with Jack bringing back more ships from his shrunken fleet to help. Henry reunites with Will, restoring his memories, and Will then turns on Salazar. Barbossa also turns on Salazar once he is in disadvantage.

Henry uses the Trident to remove Will's inability to come to dry land, but is unable to free Will from his mission. Salazar later steals the Trident and manages to revive himself, but is unable to control the Trident's power and is consumed by it, while his crew pledges to Will and become part of the Flying Dutchman.

Barbossa is forced to flee without the Trident, which Jack decides to return to its resting place. He then bids farewell to Henry and Carina, who have fallen in love, as well as Will, who returns to his mission determined to redeem himself and reunite with Henry. Jack and his crew then sail away on the Black Pearl.

Loved the quip in the trailer

Doesn't sound as bad as the last one imo... I really wish it looks better than it sounds

>zombie sharks on the poster
neat.

>a cursed place where the dead cannot be ferried into the afterlife

Holy fuck does anybody just die in these movies? How many different unrelated methods are their of achieving immortality in this universe?

>Elizabeth Swan has died

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCK THIS

I hope Bardem delivers way better than his wife in the crap that was the previous movie

:(

honestly this sounds pretty good

if I wasn't so tired of the characters and franchise I'd be excited

Didn't they change the title to Salazar's Revenge? Also, those posters look like ass.

So Orlando Bloom will be in this? Honestly this sounds very good, much better than what i expected.

In the after credits Will completed his mission and met with his waifu in the end though, did they change that?

Dead Men Tell No Tales >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Salazar's Revenge
Why would they do that?

So far, three.

>Steal cursed Aztec gold, become semi-indestructible skeleton pirate
>Voodoo priestess ressurection
>Salazar's trianglr

Did she not wanna do another one of these or just get written out? I dunno why you wouldn't take the easy payday with these movies

They shouldn't make these movies without Gore Verbinski.

Pics of corrupt Will?

Isn't one about the Fountain of Youth?

Did it bring the dead back to life or just rejuvenated people?

That was eternal life, but I think you could still be killed.

>Elizabeth dead
>Will is still cursed
>Can't reunite with his son

His story is so tragic.

>In the after credits Will completed his mission and met with his waifu in the end though, did they change that?

It's not that he completed his mission, it's that he's only allowed to re-surface every 10 years to see her. He was still cursed during that scene.

Oh shit it makes sense then. Damn seeing cursed Will can be very based. I wonder how it looks

OP, i hope you're not lying. I never thought i'd be hyped about a potc movie

no dude, the fountain transfered "years" from 1 person to another

> Salazar had been using a magical compass to hunt pirates and came after Sparrow, but Sparrow outsmarted him and stole the compass.

Damn I was excited until I read this part, because it comfirms it's all a lie.

Calypso gives Jack the compass, not Salazar.

So this takes place like 20 years after At World's End and Jack must be in his fucking 50s or something

Wasn't this movie supposed to start another two part story?

Trilogy.

Retcons. It's not that unheard off.

I guess, but since the compass was such a big mcguffin in the first trilogy it's going to be hard to retcon such a big part of the mythos.

Kinda agree. Surpirsed if they do that.

Isn't every fucking movie a tent pole.

2 different compasses

What? When was this distinction made?

Orlando Bloom has seen better days, better change his name to Kissimmee Wither.

Isn't he fucking Katy Perry?

Yea, he's literally scrapping the barrel. He was getting much better ass before.

Only in some foreign releases. Still "Dead Men Tell No Tales" in English speaking countries.

Damn, if Will and The Dutchman are in this I might have to see it.

Why orlando bloon is soo ignored in posters/trailers?

I remember hin not showing up in the Three Musketters movie posters/trailers too he is a ok dude

Doesn't move tickets maybe?

These are all mostly fake by the way, someone already posted leaks from a screening.

From what I remember
>Will is only seem for about 5 minutes total. Once in the very beginning, and again at the end.
>Carina is barbossa's daughter
>In the final battle of the film Barbossa sacrifices himself to save her and kill both himself and salazaar

> First movie came out 57 years ago

They seriously need to stop

A man denied him heart.

that poster looks just like rogue one