You'll never speak english with an american accent

>you'll never speak english with an american accent.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0lLx4gg9DCZ
youtu.be/KakIacaDyCI
youtu.be/1iSmWsO7eyQ
vocaroo.com/i/s10JHTawRMSt
vocaroo.com/i/s0szR9YSybrt
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lmao.

this
I fucking hate wojak posters

AND I FUCKING HATE SHITALIAAAAAAAAAAanos

>el argentiANO

>EL TERRONIIIIIIIano

It's not impossible IMO.
I know saying that I am le english master is pretty much laughable but the soft american pronounciation and their slang like y'all isn't that hard to learn.
British english is harder.

^-^~

How about you learn french english, g*rm ?
vocaroo.com/i/s0lLx4gg9DCZ

>honhonhon were le white womin at

No thanks

>Soft pronunciation
>Using regional slang for a general accent

but I do

>go to India
>meet girl who literally sounds like a valley girl
>she's never been to america

I was amazed. But yeah, it's definitely possible to learn and use English in a fluent way and American accent if you want.

Imo you should go for a Minnesotan accent.

Sorry, generalized there a bit

An actual Minnesotan accent or just Fargo-esc garbage?

I'll be honest, I've never actually seen fargo.

That being said, the clips I've seen doesn't strike me as being that far off from a heavy accent.

This is good too.
youtu.be/KakIacaDyCI

There's nothing wrong with a little accent. Provided you can make yourself easily understood that is. And depending on the accent it can even be to your benefit. Unless of course it's a swedish english accent, then you should just get rid of it entirely.

Fargo is exaggerated
The vid is a very heavy accent

Sound just like when your """comedians""" try to speak with a swedish accent.

Meant for

Swedes are creepily good at English

You shouldn't.

Well a bunch of people move from Norvay and Sveden to MN, WI and the Dakotas and that's the accent we end up with. Not surprising if a comedian trying to emulate a scandahoovian accent just thinks of how all the scandahoovian towns talk in the midwest, is it?

>We

I'm from MN originally. My accent isn't Lutheran airlines though, as I grew up in Minneapolis. But I've lived around MN and ND and I've heard it pretty thick. My great grandpa came over from Norway and worked in Fargo as a pipe fitter actually.

You should hear my family reunions. But they're great because of all the food. We never even have a small celebration without home made lefse, which is my favorite. Never store bought though. Ever had store bought lefse? Nasty.

Store bought lefse is pretty disgusting I'll give you that

So what're you doing over in Colorado there? pretty far from the Twin Cities eh?

Actually Argentinians are the worst english speakers, ever worse than japs.

We wuz, jk. Do you practice some Norwegian traditions still?

I imagine if that doe could talk it would have a Minnesota accent

I've been all around, which is probably why I have nearly no accent compared to the family. I was actually working in California for a couple years contracting with a company, and when I went full time they gave me the option to come out here almost 2 years ago, so I did. I've also spent some time living in Rochester, NY and up in the Adirondack mountains.

You from SD originally?

I doubt that.
youtu.be/1iSmWsO7eyQ

>Playing R6 Siege ranked
>Playing Valk, get some cheeky camera spots
>Making callouts for teammates, they’re wallbanging like crazy
>Between rounds teammate asks me what part of Canada I’m from

Such is life in Wisconsin

donde vivis boludo en europa? asjklsakjasjkaskaskjksa

No cherry picking please. Besided, japs are very polite and nice meanwhile argentinians tend to be rude and they get offended when you tell them they're mispronouncing.

I would say northern mexicans are the best english speakers, maybe because they're really close to the border

Honestly it's the most Minnesotan doe there ever could be

Talking to the Newscaster out in a snowy field like it's just another winter day

Yep born and raised right here in RC, looking for local stuff but I'm probably going to have to move sooner or later, and if so probably to Minnesota or Michigan
Maybe ND if I can land a proper job up there, nothing over in the Shale fields though

Lucky you, nobody cares about my accent

Not really cherry picking. They have like 50 of these videos where they ask random employees to take the challenge.

I think it's mostly basic things that sort of creep over. Rather than anything huge we end up with some of the same foods, some of the same habits and some of the same outlooks and values. Maybe a conversation in one of our living rooms would feel somewhere in between a normal American living room and a living room in Norway.

They're asking celebrities actually. So some of them act for effect, but obviously some are truly trying.

Where in MN would you go?

Ironically the only groups of people I've noticed are good at getting rid of their accents are Indians and Japanese women. Even that's kind of rare though.

Quite a few I've been looking at
St. Paul, St. Cloud, Winona, Duluth, Moorhead, Mankato, and Grand Rapids
All for their own reasons

Winona would be interesting, right there on the Mississippi.

And I think it's always a good thing to be near Rochester, MN. The Mayo Clinic is such an amazing organization. People from all over the world have been flying into MN for health care for as long as I can remember.

What do you do for a living?

Odd jobs, a bit of a drifter, but hopefully when I get my mechanic's cert I'll be fixing up all sorts of car stuff
Figured over in MN since there's more people, there's more cars

Yeah, and we salt the shit out of the roads, so things do get fucked up.

One Christmas I was driving home from North Dakota, and my break lines were so rusted they broke when I drove over some ice chunks when getting onto the highway on ramp. So when I tapped the breaks in an icy patch I spun out and hit the concrete median on i35. Hit it at like a 40 degree angle at 50 mph. That was fun.

Man, that sounds rough
Hope you didn't end up too worse for wear

The only time I spun out on ice was when my snow tires lost grip on some black ice and I spun into the guard-rail at like 20mph

I was fine, car wasn't.

RIP car

>tfw english with a Chicano accent
Why can't I win?

>tfw good english pronunciation but Trump-tier vocabulary

Post vocaroo. Explain what you do in an average day and how you buy groceries.

>you will never speak German with a Viennese accent

>ywn speak french with canadian accent

I fucking hate hearing my recorded voice.

vocaroo.com/i/s10JHTawRMSt

believe me or not it's easier for me to speak to actual human beings, hence why my voice is a bit monotone here.
also have throat problems at the moment

this is fine my friend well done

I gave you two simple topics just so I wouldn't tell you to "say something," and have you record a 2 second vocaroo of you saying "I don't know what to say."

Your speech is perfectly understandable. Anyone given this recording on the street would probably identify you as German.

Any tips to improve it? (besides expanding my toddler vocabulary)

Depends what you want to improve. What are you asking to improve specifically?

So on the subject of the thread, I understand German pronunciation rules but sound nothing like a native, how do I fix this? Inb4 something about turks

will never speak english the king's way

why even live boys.

Boston, New Orleans and Tennessee accents are patrician.

Why would you ever want to have an American accent. I hate having it every day and wish I could have something else. It sounds terrible.

Having a foreign accent makes you automatically more interesting though. Girls fucking love it.

Improving your vocabulary is always good, but don't feel intimidated because the average American is uneducated as shit and doesn't have good vocabulary either.

Boston stop pretending you represent us

Nah m8 I have generic North American accent. It sounds so boring.

It's generic but I'd take that any day over trash like Boston, Midwest, cockney, the more "posh" sounding bong accents etc.

It's really only boring to you though. the way you speak isn't necessarily ugly or pretty. it's just how you communicate.

>the more "posh" sounding bong accents etc.
Eh? The posh British accents are the best ones, it's the lower class ones that sound terrible.

I did mention cockney in all fairness

Posh english accents are SHIT i have one, cockney or road are the best

What do you guys think about the "i" that we put in the end of sentences?
>hotdogi
>englishi
>sucki

I don't know, non-Americans always say American accents sound really nasally and annoying. I just don't want to annoy people just by talking to them because of my accent.

For what it's worth I've asked a lot of ESLs whether they prefer American or British accents and the former won by a landslide.

>I just don't want to annoy people just by talking to them because of my accent.

You know lots of people around the world really like the southern accent a lot, y'know. And the boston and new york accent? Come on they are certified classics. Everyone loves the new york wop who goes "AYY I'M WALKIN HERE!".

>self hating and doesn't know why
teenage americans

why would you EVER want to have an american accent lmao

I do know why though, I literally said it in the post you replied to.

vocaroo.com/i/s0szR9YSybrt
r8 my accent
does it sound a bit different from "general american" or not really
i feel like someone from like cali might notice it but i dunno about foreigners
my gf is from the east coast and she sometimes makes fun of the way i say certain things

holy CRINGE.

Simply epic, I tip my fedora to you good sir

m8 it is kinda boring but try talking to a slav woman
they go nuts over that shit
rest of the world seems to prefer the stupid london accent or even a southern accent (actually maybe the slavs too)
but i'd say in general, your accent ain't gonna get you mad puss like but there definitely lots of people out there that fetishize us. Just tell them you're from cali though, most people don't give a shit if you're from the midwest

Germans have the most annoying english accent of any country by far

I am from Cali. Most people here have a generic American accent.

Depends, I really hate the higher pitched ones, they sound really uptight and annoying. But the deeper ones can usually sound pretty good.

Not even close

Not even close

m8 the best english accents are the ones north of wales. Maybe not scouser, but one of the best accents you can have in english is that of someone from like Manchester or Leeds that is above that white-trash chav line
i think you forgot SEA and India

And yet the first 3 words are literally "I don't know."

I was referring to what the poster I was replying to said. Get some reading comprehension.

Whatever you say dude. Almost done with highschool?

I just don't like it when others have an advantage over me in any kind of way. People instantly knowing where I'm from included.
the accent makes you instantly less charming too imo.

just want to sound more natural and speak faster/more fluent. I guess the only way to fix that would be practice.

use a sharper S I guess.

I graduated years ago.

>the accent makes you instantly less charming too imo.
It does the literal opposite m8. Our girls turn into instant whores whenever they hear a foreign accent.

Yo weee wuz whites n shieet

>just want to sound more natural and speak faster/more fluent. I guess the only way to fix that would be practice.
Pretty much

charm isn't just about fucking random chicks

It still makes you intersting because it adds to the exotic factor.

Oh my god honey, look! He posted it again, quick get down to the computer i need to show you something HILARIOUS.
GASP i cant stop laughing.

I really really like this image

So, practice.
Cool, but there is one tiny catch. Don't think I have to explain what it is...

really don't know.
German accent makes you sound all posh and like a dickish smartass but in the bad kind of way.
I don't aim for that

>Cool, but there is one tiny catch. Don't think I have to explain what it is...
Crippling autism?