Why is the movie called Dr.Strangelove?

Why is the movie called Dr.Strangelove?

Dr.Strangelove only appears in 2 scenes with lines.

It was a metaphor, user.

Well, it's also called "How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb"

Ancient reddit had a poll and picked their three most memetastic words and came up with the title for this """"""""""comedy""""""""""

Soviet/America = strangelove

>tfw you realize Kubrick was an sjw retard who would have been tweeting about Trump 24/7 like Patton Oswalt

Peter Sellers was great as all three characters. Even the boring ass president was amusing.

I doubt it desu

>kubrick "hitler was right about almost everything" hating trump

Every character has sexual names

It's not retard, the real title is "How I stopped worrying and entered the mineshaft."

OP here, thanks for the answers.
I gonna leave this thread now.

Bye

didn't notice, altough some seem more like names for shit

fucking hipsters, stop pretending you enjoyed a B&W film.

Oh boy. You almost got me with that bait then. Heres a complimentary (You) for your effort though.

Why does no one discuss this kino anymore? So many quotable lines and memorable scenes. I remember the footage of the troops storming the base always looked like real combat footage to me.

This movie is dogshit.

Go take your fannypack and fuck off

>how to have a contrarian opinion 101

I reference it quite often but I often have to explain what film it's from after I do it so I should probably stop. It's even on UK Netfilx which has jack shit so I try to get people to watch it but I haven't had any luck.

Because "Dr. _____" is a classic movie title and the film was part parody.

not him but dr strangelove is pretty commonly criticized and definitely overrated. every time i see it in a top 100 list im offended

"the third man" of The Third Man doesn't show up until halfway through, and he only has one substantial scene of dialog.

your bodily fluids have obviously been sapped and impurified, and the string in your leg is gone.

Strangelove cost $16M adjusted for inflation, and half of that went into Sellers. So really, it was made for $8M. That would get you literally nothing today, certainly not all the shit that went into making Strangelove despite how it only has three sets, no CGI and only one action sequence.

Why is the movie called Star Wars? I never saw any actual stars fighting in any wars.

this is an insult to real war veterans.

>tfw you realize alt-right faggots are too fucking delusional to actually look at facts and realize that trump is in banksters pockets and his picks are nothing but goldman sachs guys, jews and ex-military neocons. Not to mention that hes a complete tool. Just as shitty president as Obama was, just a different flavor.

Turns out the real enemy is capitalism.

>MEIN FUHRER
>I CAN WALK

Because the intended anti-ICBM space program under the Reagan administration was working, duh.

>im offended

The cry of the cuck.

War among the stars.

Space Wars would perhaps have been more descriptive. Space Insurgency even more so.

Nah, i think that atleast some level of loosely regulated anarcho capitalism is required for modern society to function, government should only exist to prevent usury, fraudulent behavior and blatant exploitation.

The real enemy is capitalism as a religion and money and wealth as a god.

This happens every thread. Christ....

Sure okay but how does that keep special interest groups and businesses from getting close with the government and using their resources to put systems in place that are favorable to them? As nice as it is to pick a vague for of government and think about putting it into place, it does nothing to change the character of the people within the nation, and is a pipe dream without a real and effective plan to put it into action.

please you didn't come to Sup Forums to discuss films or television did you? It's far more important that we consider the implications that Trump's presidency had on Kubrick when he was making his SJW propaganda.. or something.

It's boring now

OP's back! I loved to see more of Strangelove and Turgidson scenes, even speaking to each other.

It doesnt. Thats why the greatest problem western civilization currently has is that schooling system has been thoroughly undermined and thinking is prohibited, intelligent critically thinking people are far and between. People cannot criticize what they cannot even begin to comprehend... which again leads to the fact that modern democracy is a mockery of its Athenian forefather... but then again this isnt Sup Forums and Sup Forums is even worse board than Sup Forums to have an actual discussion about politics.

Why is the movie called Lord of the Rings?

The eponymous character literally doesn't appear in any of the films outside of the first film's prologue

I knew he wasn't a real doctor

>Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

what was the meaning behind this scene

Because he was the reason they came to love the bomb. They were all sexually frustrated and his plan for repopulating appealed to them.

I figured that since I believe Strangelove is some sort of a metaphor for the element of fascism in american society, the willingness of others to listen to his ideas gives him more power, the wheelchair is evident of his marginalisation and once he's taken seriously he's no longer confined to it.

Fail-Safe is true nukekino, Kubrick was a giant cunt for suing Lumet just so he can release Dr. Strangelove earlier and get all the box office shekels, what a pussy

How about you stop worrying and learn to love the bomb?

>not having a 30 caliber hidden in your golf club caddy

>burning your hand off by holding the barrel of any machine gun

>delusional sjw
he'd be sonderkommando, senpai

it is more than 50 years old and we are discussing it right now. i think it's save to say that this kino won't be forgotten any time soon.

It was a different time.

Movie mistake.

And it's the best part of the movie by far.

You know what the sonderkommando did right user

Dr Strangelove. Im CIA

HAHAHAHHA HE DID THE MEME GUYS
UPDOOTS ALL AROUND

Nightcrawler only cost like 7-10m.
You don't know shit.

(you) are an sjw faggot.

(you) like to be triggered.

(you) want to be victimized.

(you) are cancer.

(you) need to leave.

We have to go back

bodily fluids

Alec Guiness was a star

but the Third Man is an essential part of the mystery and conflict of the plot, so I'm not sure that equivalence is valid.

Why is Drive called Drive when Driver only Drives in a few scenes with no lines?

It was not even a war in Episode IV. It was more like a riot. Insurgency at best.

why is the right eye so big

I'm no firearm expert, but I thought barrel shrouds were designed to prevent exactly this. Although maybe after prolonged firing even the shroud could get hot?

There was a Death STAR in it you dumb cumt

his autism is intesifying

Apparently during the filming, George C. Scott was told to go way over the top in his performance at the beginning of each scene, and Kubrick told him he was going to use the more grounded later takes. In the final cut he used the most eccentric performances and George refused to work with Kubrick ever again, although later said his role in Dr. Strangelove was one of his favorites.

Anymore /nukekińó/ like this, Sup Forums?
This and Fail Safe are my all time favorites. I also seen Threads and The Day After.

War Games is fun, wouldn't say it's kino though. I remember some user was telling me about a British nuclear war movie that was so horrific it wasn't released until years later, I think it was called The War Game.

It's his sex drive user

Dr. Strangelove seems really good; I'm torn between watching it without knowing anything beforehand or just reading the plot off wikipedia.

>The War Game
Thanks user I'll check it out.

Watch it fresh, not like it really matters though.

Fucking Kubrick
Fucking Scorsese
Fucking Hitchcock
Fucking Tarantino
Fuck! There fucking films arw fucking GOAT and PATRICIAN!