Gun Background Checks in US

So I'm 20 and i'll be 21 in a couple of months, and I plan on purchasing a handgun for home defense and open carry. My question is that will I have any trouble getting licensed if I went to a therapist/psychologist and was medicated for depression when I was younger, like 13-15? I was never forcefully admitted anywhere and was never institutionalized but am really worried about that, should I be?

Other urls found in this thread:

liveleak.com/view?i=38c_1468500152
tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/security-guard-caught-on-video-shooting-at-two-men-in-ybor-city-parking/2284843
crime.chicagotribune.com/chicago/shootings/
atf.gov/firearms/docs/4473-part-1-firearms-transaction-record-over-counter-atf-form-53009/download
twitter.com/AnonBabble

unless you are found to be mentally incompetent in a court of law, or were institutionalized against your will, you should be fine.

what state are you in?

This.

I hope you learned your lesson about shrinks.

Why do you feel the need to reenact wild west movies with your open carry?

I've worked with an officer that was 5150'd at one point in his life (due to the loss of his son).
You're fine

Illinois

Not much of a choice as a kid, I did what I was told, my parents failed so they thought drugs and talking to a stranger would help. I didn't think I needed it then and I don't think I needed it then now.

The U.S. has just as many savages now as it did in the 1800s, only now they're black instead of red

>yes, yes, the defeatist attitude of Kraut-user who is letting his own country be overrun by kebab must surely be the wisest and most enlightened!

OP here, I mistakenly said open carry when I meant concealed carry.

I live in Illinois and I got my FOID Card and CCW permit with no issues even after my ex gf called the police and told them I was going to kill my self (she lied).

Also remember that Illinois doesn't have open carry just yet so be careful with that.

I'm aware, I mixed up the terms, my bad.

good luck there. I lived in Schaumburg for a while, Illinois has some strict laws, but if your criminal record is clean you should be able to get a concealed carry permit.

But you should be ok. I saw a shrink as a teen because parents, and had some run-ins with the popo as an adult, still managed to get my CCW in OH.

It's all good. Just remember to practice routinely, as no one "rises to the occassion".
Also, keep your weapon well lubricated. A wet gun is a happy gun. I know guys that use high heat wheel bearing grease. Harder to clean, but shit stays on the weapon forever.
Finally, learn gun retention techniques and practice them. You never know when some asshole will try to grab at your gun.

Be responsible, be safe

Please consider taking a CCW course. You'll be way more effective and safer if you ever need to use your gun.
Have you considered what kinda pistol you want to CC?

Hey José, that's your name, right? We have maybe a tenth of kebap of the size of your legal Hispanics and they're not even illegal. Clearly your hots for guns didn't save you from 'being overrun', you dumb shit.

All good I posted a little late, but all in all you should be fine my incident occured when I was 18 now I'm 24 got my CCW when I was 23.

The only thing I have really seen ISP bitch about is domestic issues. They really frown on that.

What city do you reside in? If you don't mind me asking.

First off don't open carry. Its for retards wanting jamal to steal from them. Get a carry license and carry concealed. Second, in the future you may have issues but as for now as long as you haven't been found mentally incompetent you should be fine. When buying a gun or getting a license you fill out a ATF Form 4473, if you can answer all of the answers honestly and it doesn't bar you from ownership you'll be fine.

What upper is that?

>open carry

Please don't. On top of it looking stupid, its tactically stupid.

Ares I think

Just don't bring it up dumbass.

Thanks for the information

I plan on participating in extensive training

Arlington Heights, I know Cook County's gun laws are especially fucked up that is why I was nervous.

It's an Ares Shrike
Belt/mag fed piston driven with quick change barrel.
Very. Freaking. Fun

I didn't plan on it, I don't know how thorough they are in their background searches.

So then, why do you have the urge to conceal carry? Where will you take your gun? Shopping? Banks?

Theres no background search, its effectively a NICS search. If your name is in the db for anything you fail. If its not you get a pass. Plain and simple.

If I can go and get a concealed,
anyone can go and get a concealed.
They don't actually have any real kind of database
to pull records from. I want to remind you of how well they're treating veterans, how well the welfare system is, and the requirements of voting.
The don't have a handle on shit and getting information on legal gun owners is intentionally low on this list.

Hans, Bubi... relax. Get back to your rapefugees they need your money and house.

Belt fed AR? Do want.

Ours come illegally, you let them walk in and teach them how to fuck your women.

Relax there, Muhammad Abdul Jafar

I live in Oak Lawn, don't worry just go to your 16hr class and do some target practice and you should be fine.

Just stay where you are Ahmed. Don't worry your little head about what we are doing with our guns.

My current job requires me to commute to different parts of Chicago a few times a week, do I need to explain further?

Just Texas is bigger than your country Ahmed. Of course there would be more spics here than kebabs there.

liveleak.com/view?i=38c_1468500152

THis is why you carry and shoot to kill.

tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/security-guard-caught-on-video-shooting-at-two-men-in-ybor-city-parking/2284843

Yes. Any prescription for mental health medication is pretty much the end of the line for gun purchasing in most liberal states.

A lot of people in California didn't read the fine print that getting a legal weed card (215) revokes your right to own, operate, or purchase firearms of any kind, and gives police the right to search your home to make sure your complying. A lot of stoner friends got a rude awakening when cops started knocking with a search warrant.

Sure, why not, do tell. It's just very foreign to a German. Our police lets off what,

>My question is that will I have any trouble getting licensed if I went to a therapist/psychologist and was medicated for depression when I was younger, like 13-15?

only if you tell them, just don't tell them, gun rules 101 don't ask don't tell

>what's a relation expressed as percentage

You still got more. And if you care about it, which I bet you do, we're also I dunno, 90% white.

>should I be?
No.
It's a criminal background check, not a check to see if you ever took a paxil.

Chicago has some really nice parts don't get my wrong, but the nig nogs call it chiraq for a reason, has some of the worst crime rates in the nation and it has the most shootings per year in US every year, thanks to the melanin enriched folk who dwell in the southside.

There's been over 2000 shootings in this city this year so far.
crime.chicagotribune.com/chicago/shootings/

So.. you want to do what exactly? Fumble for your gun when a trigger happy crackhead with no concept of trigger discipline wants to rob you? Fumble for your gun in your car when said meth head has his gun in your face? I dunno, sounds risky. Good luck with that I guess.

The answer is yes. You aren't permitted to open carry if you have a history of depression.

>willingily giving up fingerprints for a carry licenses
Shiggy diggy doo. Not in a million years for me. I can see why some would like it, but HELL NO i'm giving up my fingerprints.

CCW holders regularly stop crime in the US.

You Germans may have given up your freedoms for what you felt was a safer society but there are cultural differences in our country that allows people to use their right to self-defense.

Now fuck off.

>no defense is the best defense

I guess Sup Forums is not exaggerating about how cucked germany is.

Less than two weeks ago there was a mass shooting of police in Dallas, Texas, by a lunatic with a rifle.

In the crowd of people surrounding the police, there were dozens of civilians with firearms, many of which were rifles, which they were carrying openly as part of their constitutional rights.

The number of civilians shot by accident? Zero.
The number of civilians who shot each other in panic over the gunfire? Zero.
The number of people misidentified and pursued as possible suspects because of their weapon? One. He was cleared.

Open Carry is not dangerous. Many consider it crass, because it is an outlet for range queens to pack their overspecced tacticool shit on their backs and lug it around, but it is not dangerous and to my knowledge there has never been a serious incident of it resulting in harm, not even during times of crisis such as the aforementioned.

If you would like to argue to the contrary I would strongly encourage you to support that argument with facts instead of emotional appeals. As a German should know, public policy should always be based on actual data rather than blase speculation.

OP if you're still here this is your answer:
atf.gov/firearms/docs/4473-part-1-firearms-transaction-record-over-counter-atf-form-53009/download

That is the form you fill out when you buy a gun. If you look at block 11f and can honestly answer "no". you can buy a gun.

CCW laws vary by state and it would behoove you to look into your state laws on the matter, but honestly, if you don't mention it, you'll probably be fine and nobody is really going to care.

btw, I'm in your same boat and I own multiple firearms.

What handgun are you planning to buy?

'felt'? It _is_ a safer society. I mean look at poor OP, in his city alone you have like 200% Germany's overall gun crime rate for one city for a little more than half a year.

And we can still own guns if we want to. Maybe not some AR15 but still. We can also defend ourselves.

You're just deluded by your 'freedom'.

I'm going to need to do some research and seek advice before I decide on a handgun, do you have any suggestions for reliable semi autos that can be reasonably concealed?

Chicago has the worst gun violence in the US, and also the toughest gun laws in the US. Coincidence?

Your country society is different than ours. Firearms ownership has no affect on gun crime in general and in many US cities the more prohibited they are the more crime there is. You can make ad-hominems calling us cowboys all you want but the fact is in the US there are a fuckton of guns in the hands of both law-abiding good natured people and vicious criminals. People looking for any leg up on preventing harm to them is not a bad thing.

Get a judge .410

It's better than nothing Hans

Glocks are a good choice because they come in every size and caliber under the sun. Many people (like me) find them boring but they aren't a bad choice. There are many, many good options, what you'll want to consider is
>how am I gonna carry (IWB, OWB, ankle, pocket, etc.
>how does my wardrobe and the weather in my area affect how well I can conceal
>what is my budget
>what round do I figure is a good compromise between stopping power and size considerations

don't do this though, 410 isn't a very good carry load,

if I was you I would get a polymer framed semi auto in 9mm with the highest capacity I can consistently conceal

the BurnAllToddlersFirst is unconcerned about elective mental health treatment, just anything that would register as either a Civil complaint (Mental Health Detention) or a Criminal complaint (Emulation of African American Behavior)

"Gun crime rate" only matters to mentally ill people with an unreasonable fear of being injured via bullet rather than blade or blunt object.

Violent crime rate is the only intellectually honest point to argue.