Was he that bad or is it all urban legend?

Was he that bad or is it all urban legend?

Other urls found in this thread:

nypost.com/2015/05/31/how-ty-cobb-was-framed-as-a-racist/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I pity them negroes who disagree.

he actually turned his entire attitude around 180 degrees after his career and ended up a champion of black ballplayers

It's historical presentism on steroids

Sure he did.

Most of it was legend but he was still a tough sonofabitch

He was that bad. He was all fucked in the head from his mother killing his father right after Ty left home. But this was the 1910's and men didn't deal with their feelings so he repressed all of his pain and conflict which came out in bursts of anger.
He hated everyone around him, not just blacks, but anyone from the north because "muh civil war".
The feeling was mutual, his teammates sent flowers and congratulations to a player on another team when he beat Cobb for the batting title.
In their world series matchup, Cobb got on base his first at bat then yelled at short stop Honus Wagner from 1st "I'm coming down you Kraut bastard, im going to cut you to ribbons!" (Cobb wore extra large and extra long steel spikes on his cleats which he aimed right at defenders while sliding).
Wagner replied simply; "come along then".
When Cobb slid in Wagner caught the ball and tagged him right in the face with his massive gloved hand. Cobb went on to have a horrible series, Wagner won the MVP.
Despite being a monster Cobb was one of the most amazing ball players of all time. Showing the world just how high a person could go through purely mental strength and toughness.
There's also a sweet story about Cobb stopping at disgraced player Shoeless Joe Jackson's liquor store. Cobb recognized Joe but neither said a word to the other while checking out. Judy before he left Cobb asked "Joe, don'tyou know me?"
Jackson replied "Of course I know you Ty. I just thought no one up there (I.e. in baseball) wanted to know me".
Cobb proceeded to tell Joe what a great player he thought he was and asked him for an autograph. Proving he was capable of decency and empathy.

he was friends with a few blacks but they all agree the guy was a mental headcase so much so ty himself realized it late near his life and admitted he wished he could do it all over again differently

when he died only three people from pro baseball went to his funeral

Total urban legend. The stories of his violence and racism were invented whole hog after his death by a disgraced sportswriter.

nypost.com/2015/05/31/how-ty-cobb-was-framed-as-a-racist/

Really makes you think when lies that big over something that trivial exist, what else might be bullshit in the history books

I know, right?

The guy who wrote that book thought he was going to write another “Cobb as monster” biography, but once he did actual research he found that none of the truly awful stories could be corroborated.

everything america ever did wrong is written out. we even have hitlers frame maker on the 20 dollar bill (hes indirectly referenced in mein kamf through the indian removal)

>everything america ever did wrong is written out

Bullshit. Any HS-level US history class covets shit like the Trail of Tears, Wounded Knee, slavery, Jim Crow, bombing Jap/German civilians, knocking over latin american governments so we could buy cheap bananas, and so on.

*covers

He did a lot to break the color barrier

Bullshit.
Bullshit again.
This is correct.
Wrong.
Correct.
The fact that an estimated 100 million died as a result of communism is covered up on a daily basis. Soviet's mismanaged and had several times where they caused millions of deaths through famine.

>facts are wrong!
>communism is the greatest threat to the world!

Back to your containment board Sup Forums. How does it feel to know you're on the same level as bronies, wrestling fans and people who want to fuck Pokemon? You're the only losers on a board of losers who require your own containment area.

>"facts are wrong"
>when I wrote a 15 page paper on the failures of the Soviet farming system
>when I read book after book on this topic
>when the cobbs myth has been constantly debunked by actual historians, and economists have debunked communism as a legitimate form of government
I hope for your own personal sake, that you're baiting me into writing this. If you aren't, I suggest you crack open some books and get educated.

>reeeee leave the nice racist man alone, commies!!

Don't you have a fund raiser for Kyle Chapman's bail money to organize?

>The fact that an estimated 100 million died as a result of communism is covered up on a daily basis. Soviet's mismanaged and had several times where they caused millions of deaths through famine.

>the fact that an estimated 100 million died as a result of communism

That is kinda dumb saying that right?That is like putting up a tally in the deaths of africa and other thirld world countries and saying "well capitalism killed 50000000 people"

>That is like putting up a tally in the deaths of africa and other thirld world countries and saying "well capitalism killed 50000000 people"
...which is correct and true

>when the common man turns away from knowledge and research, preferring instead to spew inane insults
I may not be the greatest man alive, but I am glad I am not you.

Sure but you need to dissect it to say that, you can't just count everything together and find the common denominator and say "well capitalism killed everyone"

There is a difference between someone dying from famine, and someone being executed

that's like dissecting the different modes of death from symptoms of fever. fever still killed the victims no matter how they actually died

>knocking over latin american governments so we could buy cheap bananas

Is it wrong that I feel most guilty about this? It's just such a dickish and petty thing for one country to do to another.

>Is it wrong that I feel most guilty about this
yes. non-americans aren't people

yeah but fever can happen due to a lot of conditions.

A lot of people die from Hemorrhage, that is not saying much is it?

I'm a person, and more people than you, fatass

you're ignoring my point. it's much more ignorant to suggest that different economic systems and their various misapplications weren't responsible for those deaths. they absolutely were

>I'm a person

He certainly was a dirty player but I doubt he was half as bad as what they tried to say.

but those economics values is the umbrella to everything.

Every death that is not related to old age is the causality of the economic system.

But there are way more causes than that and just saying "well communism killed 1000 million" , you know?

You're trying to reason with an alt-right shitter from Sup Forums. You are absolutely 100% right, but this isn't a reasonable human being you're dealing with here. He's already made up his mind that "COMMIES" are the real threat to the world. They've taken up this silly rallying cry as a form of "whataboutism" to deflect when people point out that Nazis are bad.

i was actually talking about the millions that capitalism had murdered, and i've never even been to Sup Forums. please try to keep up

Respond to the Brazilian who's asking you questions, not the dude who is informing the Brazilian why he'll never get a straight answer out of you, Stormfag

yep. certified "stormfag" here, railing against capitalism. lmao

nah i feel you and i see where you are coming from i just think that saying " capitalism kills millions " will not improve any issue we have.

we have shit healthcare due to capitalism yeah, we have shit job security due to capitalism yeah but we can't think it is impossible for us to have better working conditions just because we live in a capitalist society

>whataboutism
>making up words because your pet dictators were terrible
Hitler was a coward, and a fruitcup too, but you're beyond help if you think Stalin was a better man

>communism
>form of government
Absolute STATE of Americans

your first point is totally fair. the issue is that the resultant societal structures built inside a capitalist economy always end up dicking down the poor in a way that just perpetuates

>this thread
>America embarrassing itself while Brazil shows off its only educated person
interesting

this. also, go ahead add che "literal child murderer" guevara to that list

Fuck Ty Cobb and fuck communism.

And some of your presidents weren't better either, but shh.

nobody denied that. us presidents have been some of the least qualified and most idiotic world leaders in history

Every country has those.

And yet, Hitler and Stalin and all of the US presidents probably thought they did the right thing to protect and help their country. Or at least tried to work towards it becoming what their vision of it was.

Please tell me how else a communist society functions if it's not being enforced by a government. I'll wait or are we going to do the the whole "NOT REAL COMMUNISM" excuse?

>estimated 100 million died as a result of communism is covered up on a daily basis
completely worth it to turn your nation into a superpower. those people are forgotten by history and only exist as a statistic while the story if the 20th century cannot be written without prominence given to the USSR and China, and the 21st century will not be written about without China

>Super power

user, its not the 1960s anymore, Russia is a shit hole and the Soviet Union was a shit hole but just better at hiding it. Communism is a cancer and it needs to be destroyed along with anyone who seriously advocates it

Thanks for letting me know you can't back up your argument

nah, a good half of our presidents have been out solely for personal or political gain. our system is fundamentally broken, it only rewards the politicians with the highest-powered connections and money

How did this turn into a thread about communism?

lmao suck on my dirty dick bitch

Sup Forums being Sup Forums

but to be fair, it was a thinly veiled Sup Forums thread to begin with

The biggest problem with our system is how we allowed it to become a two party system.

I want to say "hey, these guys both suck, so I'll be the change I wish to see and vote 3rd party". But I can't. Because I know for certain I'd be throwing my vote away.

The grass might be greener but the fence is always taller.

*tips fedora*

>le not real communism
I've never heard anybody claim this except for imaginery Sup Forumsreddit enemies. Maybe American liberals LARPing as communists do this though.
>Please tell me how else a communist society functions if it's not being enforced by a government
I'm not claiming I do know the answer to something which does not yet exist. Capitalism (and modern forms of the nation state) didn't exist during all of humanity.
>"Communism is for us not a state of affairs which is to be established , an ideal to which reality [will] have to adjust itself. We call communism the real movement which abolishes the present state of things. The conditions of this movement result from the premises now in existence."

it kills me how so many non-americans don't understand this. we literally have no effective say in the governance of our "representative" republic

There needs to be some legislature that penalizes parties for being too large or something similar. Heck, there are strict term limits (a much smaller problem, imo) but not this.

Spiking is part of the game

>drumpf claims to not be racist
>literally has a lawyer named ty cobb