Doctor Who General - /who/ - The General's General Edition

Welcome to /who/, the Doctor Who general!

Last General: The new general is a cute, a CUTE!

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/DrWhoOnline/status/846319608843943936
youtube.com/watch?v=C-HsqArxhWU
youtu.be/7pEFqVi-6QU
twitter.com/RealMattLucas/status/846386065162326016
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gross, no

is he the monk /who/?

>A literal sheboon

Reminder there's a club scene in the Pilot and Bill and the Doctor dance to 'Too Shy'.

le fake spoilerinos

twitter.com/DrWhoOnline/status/846319608843943936

:O

>Too Shy confirmed

BASED

The general was a tragedy... Ken Bones was based as the bald old male General, I aint even mad they made him a woman, i'm mad that they replaced such a great and GOAT actor with a talent less hack simply because she was black and female.

the general was a lame stand-in for Rassilon anyway, since Moffat couldn't really revisit the High Council in the 50th without getting Dalton at least back

How long till Matt Whelan has a full meltdown?

when the actor playing 13 and chibnall tells him and #dwsr nutters to fuck off

MELTDOWN
E
L
T
D
O
W
N

Think the new Doctor will be briefed on DWSR? I'm certain whatever show they were on before never had anything like them

Why's he fucking Doctor Who fans?

***** them. Bunch of *****s.

Why do the BBC tolerate them / why do the cast be friendly with them? All they do is spoil shit and annoy everyone actually working.

Agreed. The new guy will most definitely be briefed on the fans who come to watch. No clue why they don't increase security though. Who cares if they upset a whole 10 fans.

Oh, who cares Matt. Grow the fuck up.

Peter Capaldi is just a nice guy as is Matt Smith and Pearl, Peter looks intimidating but is a sweetheart and has a lot of patience apparently.

Adam wants Pearl's V.

Adam wants the Pearl's V.

youtube.com/watch?v=C-HsqArxhWU
#dwsr

You'd need to. A lot of actors would just wanna crack on with the filming and keep themselves to themselves. This didnt really happen til Twitter.

Some dedicated fans went to watch some late RTD stuff being filmed, but they were a lot more professional than these idiots, were respectful and didn't ask for selfies and photos 8643753872 times

Can you imagine if they'd been around in 2005 and started hassling Eccleston for autographs and shit? There'd be a little trail of camera lenses and combover strands leading out the street...

This. And the more they let it go, the crazier they get.

Don't worry, he has no desire to enter your place of residence.

I don't get why people hate on 10. He's got fantastic character development. Think about it. He started out as a man full of hope and love - and tries to remain as such - but has it stripped slowly away from him, beginning almost immediately when Harriet Jones commits an act of genocide right in front of him. From there, he
>loses the woman he loves
>hurts one of his dearest friends (and inadvertently gets her family enslaved)
>finds another Time Lord and his own daughter - only to have both die in his arms
>and then he has to violate the mind of his best friend to save her life.

This leaves him alone, angry, bitter, and leads to him breaking the laws of time and forcing a woman to commit to clean up his mess. And when faced with the end of his existence, he rages against an unfair universe that has taken everything away from him and given him nothing in return.

Not to mention his half regeneration. In that experience, he experienced the absolute and total, mind-ripping pain of regeneration that usually gets forgotten in the chaos of readjustment. Of course he was scared about regenerating; of course he could give a lucid account of the pain to Wilf. He knew, more than any Doctor before him. Because he survived.

Tennant suffered from shitty scripts that drag down the value of his many great ones, and he had the unfortunate consequence of attracting gaggles of preteen girls to the show, but he's a real bro and is a lifelong fan of the show. His devotion to the show runs so deep, he married the daughter of a previous Doctor.

Say what you want about Tennant, but I thought he played a fantastic Doctor. I like him for a lot of the same reasons as I'm growing to like 12 - fantastic actor; lifelong fan of the show; and great character development for his Doctor. He'll always be one of my favorites.

I don't get why people hate on 10. He's got fantastic character development. Think about it. He started out as a man full of hope and love - and tries to remain as such - but has it stripped slowly away from him, beginning almost immediately when Harriet Jones commits an act of genocide right in front of him. From there, he
>finds another Time Lord and his own daughter - only to have both die in his arms

This leaves him alone, angry, bitter, and leads to him breaking the laws of time and forcing a woman to commit to clean up his mess. And when faced with the end of his existence, he rages against an unfair universe that has taken everything away from him and given him nothing in return.

Not to mention his half regeneration. In that experience, he experienced the absolute and total, mind-ripping pain of regeneration that usually gets forgotten in the chaos of readjustment. Of course he was scared about regenerating; of course he could give a lucid account of the pain to Wilf. He knew, more than any Doctor before him. Because he survived.

Tennant suffered from shitty scripts that drag down the value of his many great ones, and he had the unfortunate consequence of attracting gaggles of preteen girls to the show, but he's a real bro and is a lifelong fan of the show. His devotion to the show runs so deep, he married the daughter of a previous Doctor.

Say what you want about Tennant, but I thought he played a fantastic Doctor. I like him for a lot of the same reasons as I'm growing to like 12 - fantastic actor; lifelong fan of the show; and great character development for his Doctor. He'll always be one of my favorites

Say what you want about Tennant, but I thought he played a fantastic Doctor. I like him for a lot of the same reasons as I'm growing to like 12 - fantastic actor; lifelong fan of the show; and great character development for his Doctor. He'll always be one of my favourites.

>reeeing.jpg

Say what you want about Tennant, but I thought he played a fantastic Doctor. I like him for a lot of the same reasons as I'm growing to like 12 - fantastic actor, lifelong fan of the show; and great character development for his Doctor. He'll always be one of my favourites.

Tennant suffered from shitty scripts that drag down the value of his many great ones, and he had the unfortunate consequence of attracting gaggles of preteen girls to the show but he's a real bro and is a lifelong fan of the show. His devotion to the show runs so deep, he married the daughter of a previous Doctor.

Say what you want about Tennant, but I thought he played a fantastic Doctor. I like him for a lot of the same reasons as I'm growing to like 12 - fantastic actor; lifelong fan of the show; and great character development for his Doctor. He'll always be one of my favourites.

Tennant suffered from shitty scripts that drag down the value of his many great ones, and he had the unfortunate consequence of attracting gaggles of preteen girls to the show but he's a real bro and is a lifelong fan of the show. His devotion to the show runs so deep, he married the daughter of a previous Doctor.

anyone got a link to the power of the daleks animated?

primewire ag/watch-2785533-Doctor-Who-The-Power-of-the-Daleks-online-free

I really liked Ten. His last specials are some of my favorite who episodes.

People always refer to Seven or Nine as being the darkest doctors but it's Ten by a really long run and those episodes highlighted it.

>"I don't want to go."
I hate how people (especially teens and normies) interpret this line as a bad way to go. But it's one of the saddest lines in the history of the show. The 50th special poked a bit of fun at it but the essence stayed the same.

He's let go of so much that he was too scared to let go of the only thing that remains.

>He started out as a man full of hope and love - and tries to remain as such
>no second chances

get your tits out

Seven literally committed genocide multiple times with no remorse. Ten is not darker than him. War is not darker than him. He's unquestionably the darkest Doctor.

>People always refer to Seven or Nine as being the darkest doctors but it's Ten by a really long run and those episodes highlighted it.

This is how you spot someone who's never actually watched pre-Tennant Who.

Congrats /who/, you've ruined him.

Guys. Did we break Matt Whelan getting him banned off GB? He seems to have completely lost it

He did this to himself.

Literally the best twist of Series 9.

youtu.be/7pEFqVi-6QU

Ok Mark

Good twist, bad story.

>instant classic
yeh feck off mark

I'm lost. Whos Matt Whelan?

A twat.

>not knowing who BASED Wheelan is

You insignificant specimen. jk

What did he mean by this?

That he's lost control of his sphincter over the years

AIDS.

Between that, age and the buttfucking, the poor guy's been left incontinent.

JUST

Another cowardly, jealous little faggot who was BTFO by based Adam and ran away crying

REMINDER

Orford > Whelan

I fuck myself pretty regularly. Poop is all the same, but I fart like crazy.

Jesus that's creepy.

REMINDER

Diabetes>Leukemia

What happen?

REMINDER

Farts > Big Finish

Someone should print this and ask him to autograph it

someone was spamming the copypasta about "i don't understand why people hate on 10 he has great character development etc"

You were reeing and it gotten erased

>64 replies
>11 posters

We need an updated version

>I own that Dalek t-shirt in the top right
lucky I decided to stop wearing Who related clothing three years ago

What do you think the build-up to regeneration and regeneration itself feels like?

why is adam allowed to touch capaldi's costume during filming? what if he rubs wotsit dust on it?

According to 10 it feels like dying. Although 5's regeneration felt "different" and he thought he might be dying. So idk.

Why is he allowed to rub his armpits on Peter?

It's always funny to see fan pics with RTD.

With his stars (especially Tennant and Barrowman), he always slouches down to make them look taller, which I don't think is even conscious. But when you see a pic of him with a fan, you're reminded that the man is a scary 2m 125kg giant.

It feels like something a cultured young lady doesn't want to experience in mixed company. Why else did Romana leave the room to get a little privacy between each new body when she was regenerating?

Stop crying, Billy.

>Build-up

Probably a feeling of convulsion/inevitable buildup like trying to hold back a hiccup or cough, but deeper and probably all over the body with a warm fire-y feeling inside. Perhaps a soothing/drowsy sensation too.

>Regeneration itself

Explosion of intense warmth, rushing dizzyness and confusion, massive burst of energy/feeling of renewal and I imagine when its over it feels like stepping out of a sauna or hot shower.

>tfw RTD will never beat you up at the school yard

I think 10 meant it in more of an "Ego death" kinda way instead of literally. As in the personality changes so much that it might as well not be you.

I've been trying to wrap my head around it really. I guess regeneration, psychologically, is like if you suddenly transformed into yourself ten years from now or ten years prior? So like, it's still "You" but a different version of you. I was a very different person ten years ago, with different opinions, tastes, quirks etc and I'm sure it will be the same in 10 years, but obviously I'm still "me".

I have just heard that there will not be an on screen regeneration scene for 12 - 13

But there's definitely a lot more change between two incarnations of the Doctor than over 10 years of a normal human life.

Even the trivial thingsā€”do you know anyone at 32 who hates all the food he liked at 22?

But the big stuff too. Sure, the basic core "never cruel or cowardly, never give up, never give in" is always there, but look at 10's "a man who never would" speech. It's hard to imagine 2 or 11 giving that speech, or even really understanding it. Or 5, for almost the opposite reason (it's hard to imagine him noticing a desire to murder in revenge in the first place).

Favorite OldWho cliches?
>the confused groundskeeper/fox hunter/hobo who discovers the monster first and tries to investigate it throughout each part of the serial until he gets killed by it

lies. they confirmed chibnall is writing the first lines of te new doctor

I've always imagined it to be a bit like a seizure. An overwhelming black fog that creeps over your body and consciousness, persisting no matter how hard you fight or try to delay it, advancing with every heart beat until you're viewing the world through a pinhole and then nothing, just darkness.
Coming back is like being shot out of cannon into a star-field of light, shapes forming out of nothing, sparking with some kind of energy, feeling like you're inhaling ice or some kind fire that oozes to your extremities, feeling almost electrified, and basically high as hell for a couple of hours afterwards. Sometimes acting erratically or saying things that don't really make sense.

I loved the way Claws of Axos got that whole thing done in two scenes at the start of episode 1. Just as you're thinking, "Holy shit, are we going to have to watch Derek Ware doing this all month?" the Axons declare him too stupid to live and that's it.

Chibnall is writing the Christmas ep after the suprise regen in the 10th planet homage story

apart from Sam Seeley and Pigbin Josh, who actually gets killed almost right away, can you name any other examples?

The Cyberman face in the trailer is Bill.

Suppose it gives 10 a little more leeway with his moaning and mopeyness.

10 didn't have a very long lifespan and it seemed like he enjoyed being the energetic swashbuckling heartthrob, so suddenly having that come to a crashing end must be pretty disappointing and the fact that he was entering his final incarnation.

Was 10 the incarnation the Doctor was most attached to?

The poacher from Pyramids and Mister 'Ollis from Three Doctors

Clements in Pyramids of Mars

twitter.com/RealMattLucas/status/846386065162326016

The poacher is just trapped, he does no investigation.
Ollis doesn't get killed.

but this still is only 4 times in 54 years