Championship > La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1

bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42704713

>1) Premier League
>2) Bundesliga
>3) English Championship

Even our third tier League One is in 9th place, between the Eredivisie and the Portuguese Primeira Liga.

What the fuck are you doing on the continent? What on earth do you do on a Saturday afternoon?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42696675
worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-premier-league-2017-2018/1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Honestly don't know what people do on weekends here. I wish our league was at least netherlands-tier, but alas the attendances are so horrific that it's not going to happen. I go to matches of arguably the 2nd biggest club here and our 25k stadium is always half-full, it's depressing m8.

That's why I bandwagon like 3 different clubs in 3 different leagues in europe.

Who cares about total attendance? No wonder the Championship is that high up the list when there's 24 teams in it and therefore a shit-ton of matches.
What really matters is average attendance. And there, the Bundesliga is number one, in front of the Premier League.

>Aggregate attendance

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>Avg capacity 47,459
>avg attendance 41,511

Embarrassing

BL simply has bigger stadiums (because of the 2006 WC). Nothing more.

I mean, look at Spurs, went from 33k average to 66k at Wembley. West Ham went from 30 odd thousand to 56k average and they're a tinpot club

suck ma hole ya dobber

bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42696675

Alright sausage botherers, don't get too defensive. I was more looking at the Championship than PL/Bundes.

>country with 30m more people and fewer overall teams in a smaller league system gets more people per game

No shit.

Surely if you were as bothered as us, 2. Bundesliga and 3. Liga and further would be comparable to our lower tiers?

Real ranking

Germany 42.000
England 36.000
Italy 22.000
Germany II 22.000
France 21.000
England II 20.000
Netherlands 19.000
Scotland 14.000
Portugal 12.000
Russia 11.000
Belgium 11.000
Turkey 10.000
Switzerland 10.000
Poland 10.000
Sweden 9.000
England III 8.000
Spain II 8.000
France II 8.000
Austria 7.000
Italy II 7.000
Denmark 6.000
Germany III 6.000
Czechia 5.000
England IV 5.000
Scotland II 5.000
Ukraine 4.000
Greece 4.000

>rangers and celtic get 60k whilst the rest have average attendances of 3000

England and Scotland are pretty much the only 2 countries where going to football matches is seen as an integral part of the weekend and a perfectly normal thing to do.

Here, you'll get funny looks, if you say that you're a season ticket holder. Fans of professional clubs are, in some circles, seen as antisocial brutes that only want to get drunk, light shit on fire and start brawls. Meanwhile fans of amateur clubs only care when they play their local rivals. It's a cultural thing.

It also didn't help that many clubs with large fanbases shat the bed 10-20 years ago and that the league isn't terribly competitive.

>Simply has bigger stadiums
Supply and Demand

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Serie A. The tactics are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the game will go over a typical viewers head. There's also Montella's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these VAR penalties, to realise that they're not just rigged- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike serie A truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Allegri's existential catchphrase "Warm up for me, Sturato" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenevs Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Maurizio Sarri's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them

Hourly reminder that more people care about League One than >please watch our league

The real teams in Argentina average 80-90k attendances

Small teams somewhere around 50k

and yet we still get labelled as the hooligans

the demand is there as demonstrated by Spurs, if the corrupt cesspits of FIFA or UEFA would let us host a tournament we'd soon be on a level playing field with Germany

england already undone 3 posts in

sad!

lmao

Oh shit, I thought "k" meant 100, not 1000

fucking kill me

*Spain 28.000

>and yet we still get labelled as the hooligans
That's probably because drunk Englishmen have a tendency to misbehave, especially when they're on the continent. The average English football fan is docile as fuck, I mean you guys don't even throw bottles when the other team takes a corner.

because 1 Kilo is 100 grams, so i thought it as 100

We get more drunk and lairy yes but its more being insensitive to continental values than actually beating the shit out of people.

>don't even throw bottles when the other team takes a corner
Seen it done many a time but it will get you a 5 year ban from any ground so that kind of resolves itself.

>because 1 Kilo is 100 grams

>Argentinian education

goddamn it Santiago you dun goof'd

I don't even

>The real teams in Argentina average 80-90k attendances
>Small teams somewhere around 50k
>Oh shit, I thought "k" meant 100, not 1000
So big teams average 8000-9000 while the small ones 5000?
>because 1 Kilo is 100 grams

You have literally stated 5 things and all of them are wrong.

i meant real, not big teams like the big 5, i mean teams that have history in their neighbors like Lanus, Banfield, Temperley, Chacarita and Almirante Brown

lel

>Leeds leads
>Burpton

they have 1 fewer game than the rest, so that obviously helps the average

No. Depends of whom they are playing in that one game.

Holy shit, how can you be so bad at math?

lol compare it to the state of bottom half PL teams

>8 Championship teams higher than 14th place West Brom
>Bournemouth attract less than 22 Championship teams

i'm not bad at math dumbass, i'm almost an engineer

Argentina you are really outdoing yourself today. So adorable.
>the actual state of Argentine engineering

Remind me never to use any bridges in Argentina.

I mean..they do have a tiny stadium.

Also the 4th lowest % filled. They're normally a third tier club.

How is that possible that so many PL teams have such small stadiums?

People are mostly mucking you because you think a kilogram is 100 grams, you moron.

Do road signs in Argentina say "Buenos Aires 60km" or "60000m"?

I was slightly more concerned about you calling 100g = 1kg

This is why you don't own the Falklands.

Other countries built a whole bunch of stadiums for world cups and then the teams in the city moved in after, that kind of thing never really happens in the UK, only West Ham and Man City have moved into publicly built stadiums

The question is how did so many small clubs manage to get promoted and establish themselves in the PL.

The answer lies in rich backers and good club management vs shit club management.

mocking*

All sorts of reasons, even the bigger clubs might be limited in their stadium developments by the area around their historic stadiums, like Liverpool and Chelsea.

Based Newcastle putting the championship on their back

>posting a chart with 2 or 3 games played

based mong

worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-premier-league-2017-2018/1/

lol wrekt fair play
Barely makes any difference to the average though

Why do the english love football so much?

It's cultural, like going to the pub. Why do you love metrosexuality so much?

same reason virgins love women so much
if you can't win, at least be obsessed

Germans aren't obsessed with war though

History also didn't start in 1900

>Leeds
>3rd largest city in England
>has only one team
>still can't fill their stadium

Embarrassing desu

>3rd largest city in England
Source/by what measure?

Aha fucking hell

Probably crime stats

Didn't Italian love football more than English? Even Mou said every Italian is a manager.

>implying we aren't

Don't bother going to the games though do they. Probably because they all chose to support a team hundreds of miles away.

Hoo lee fak

"almost"....i can see why

Knowing Italian, they probably prefer watching in the bar pretending to be pundit.

Why does Burnley have such shit attendance? Surely people would be ecstatic about their performance. And especially at home.

Everyone in Burnley is a man utd fan

its weird to see MLS so high, especially because people (whoever they are) complain about half the teams in the league not filling seats when something like 15k is actually upper tier for the world

>bandwagoners to the point Juventus are the most popular team in Rome, Milan and most other Italian cities
>literally no or very few away fans at some games

that's just lazy euro "banter." even the usl is a better league than most euro leagues