If Messi is the GOAT, why can't he play defense?

If Messi is the GOAT, why can't he play defense?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yJzBvb5TcdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=JSM379HQa7Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>you now remember Falcao

based falcao, fucking goat

If Messi is the GOAT, why can't he play as a goalkeeper?

um sweetie?

Before, against that very same team...

youtube.com/watch?v=yJzBvb5TcdQ

I miss the old Messi

what do you mean? right know, as you read this, messi is as older as he has ever being in his life

Here's a compilation of Messi defenses that specifically ended up in a goal, so, surely just a small part of his overall defensive contribution

youtube.com/watch?v=JSM379HQa7Q

Oh, by the way, there's a lot of current Messi in this video, so... sorry to dissapoint I guess? ;_;

Messi is changing though you have to admit, I think for the better, I remember all the stats from the Classico where Messi run fuck all. Using your brain more and your body less is the best way to age gracefully. Time to become a deep lying play maker. I know that Icardi is apparently a cunt but I think he could fit well up front next to Suarez

strong post

I know, I wrote something about that on a thread yestrday where some people were trying to shit on Neymar because he's not showboating and doing flashy shit as much anymore

This is what I wrote:
>To be fair, as players grow up, mature as footballers and gain experience, they turn down a notch on the "look what I can do" pointless shit, and they start being effective towards a more colective purpose. Like Cruyff said when Messi was in that "I'll dribble past the whole team and score" (and he did it): sure, it makes for beautiful plays and goals, but you can't play that way in the long run. The excesive attempts at dribbling will wear you off both for the current match, for the following matches, and it'll make you prone to injuries because it exposes to you to constant fouling.

clearly an offside tho

if messi is goat, why doesn't he eat trash?

The balls off the ground at that point though. When

>clearly
Not if you actually pick the moment he kicks the ball

Xabi was still playing with Bayern up to 35 (and they were willing to let him play longer); though I don't watch much Bayern so I don't know how good he still was

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand why you're telling me this

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

I blame Busquets. He should've fouled Falcao and took a yellow card

If Messi is the GOAT, why isn't he a great painter?

he is

Jesus, is there anything he can't do?

he can't win a world cup

>le deep playing playmaker meme
Not this again.

ahahahahahaaha faggot

Why should Messi have to defend? He's the most talented player in football history, almost every week he wins games on his own, others should work for him.

that fucking touch

>leo messi sprintad com si fos un ltrl
what a shit language

Wanna bet?

>Conte unironically sold the striker who won him the league

and all they have left is a flop and a nigger

Is there anyone out there that can defend, create and score?

poogba

Beckenbauer
Pogba

>be messi
>miss penalty

M A D M A N
A
D
M
A
N

> messi