Can someone explain to me what the fuck is going on in this series

Can someone explain to me what the fuck is going on in this series.

Mainly, what the fuck the island itself is.
Jacob said it's like a cork on a bottle of evil that protects the rest of the world.

But how does that explain the smoke monster and ancient ruins on the island?

And secondly, what the fuck is the deal with that wheel? Spinning it somehow mixes light and water, which causes you to travel through time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_nH1rCXv36A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All literally explained in the show.

Refresh my memory.

It's all a dream, the island was just what happened when they all woke up.

it was all a dream

it is all dream

>dream
Is this some Sup Forums meme I'm not getting?

No, you probably just didn't get the ending of the show.

Did you even watch the ending?

I did. And the ending implied they all died and that the island is a form of purgatory. And then they all waited for each other in the room so they could all go to heaven together. Because their time in purgatory was the happiest their lives have ever been.

How is the plot tool called when a mystery is presented but instead of being explained another even more far fetched mystery is presented on top of it, thus making viewers forget the previous mystery and consequently ignoring the fact it was never explained?

>the island is a form of purgatory
in other words, a dream, not real, nonsense, a fucking cheap hack fraud level cop out.

It's a red herring

bad writing

>tfw you watched every episode as it aired all for a "it was a dream" ending

purgatory and dreams are not even close to the same thing.
A dream is something that is not real.
Purgatory is a state between life and death.

The Island itself is the source of life/time that has been protected since presumably the beginning of both. The show never comes out and explains exactly what it is because none of the characters actually know. Even Jacob & MiB are only there because the previous protector killed their mother and adopted them after their ship crashed on the Island sometime
in the classic Roman period.

Jacob's cork analogy is because he feels his brother is an evil that needs to be contained and he is the stopper. MiB (the smoke monster) is trying to destroy the Island and Jacob is looking for a candidate to take over protecting it - essentially Lost in a nutshell.

It's not a dream, it's purgatory. They all died in the plane crash.

>purgatory and dreams are not even close to the same thing
Yes they are exactly the same thing story wise.

Am I being trolled? That's not what the ending implied at all. Only the flash-sideways section of the final season was purgatory.

That's fucking retarded. I'm glad I never wasted any time on this show beyond casual glances.

>story wise
What?

Either way, no. Because we see the island effect the real world.

Is that really all their is to it?
There are so many missing details.

>we see the island affect the real world
that was bad writing

Ive wanted to fuck Claire for like the past 5 years now

I can't get her out of my head

I wanted to fuck her when she was pregnant, she lost her charm afterwards desu.

>you will never theorize with Sup Forums about LOST lore and the upcoming episodes again
>you will never again see new LOST verticals and other original content that you were looking for every single day when browsing Sup Forums
>you will never again WE HAVE TO GO BACK

>And the ending implied they all died and that the island is a form of purgatory
no

the directors rebuked that long ago

It's a triple Shyalaman with a sprinkle of mystery boxes.

After reading these

I'm so fucking glad I dropped this show after season 1.

Y'all got trolled though, right?

anyone saying that they were in purgatory clearly didnt' listen to the producers podcasts. It was all a dream, get over it, move on, go watch once upon a time, it's as good if not better and there are no plot holes and claire looks FAF

Its trash, the game of thrones of the 2000s. Pure mindless normie garbage

>anyone saying that they were in purgatory clearly didnt' listen to the producers podcasts.

So in order to understand the show you need a producer to fucking explain it?

How shit was this? I might have to rewatch it to see how fucking trolled yall got.

Source? Citation at all?

Please cite a source of some sort.

Just give it to me straight like a pear cider that's made from 100% pears - what is the actual fucking story and ending?

As far as I can tell, you just sum it up in three points.

>people with shitty lives die in a plane crash
>they have a group hallucination about an island and all have fun together
>said people all feel like going to heaven together
End.

>character literally explains in the finale that everything on the island happened for real
>brain dead idiot's "wtf it was all a dream i hate lost now"

www.google.com

"No, no, no. They were not dead the whole time," Cuse said definitively, adding that he believes that some footage they showed at the very end of the series lead to much of the misunderstanding among fans.

"At the end of the series finale, [an ABC exec] thought it would be good to have a buffer between when you have the end of the show and when they cut to say, a Clorox commercial," Cuse explained. "We didn't have a lot of extra footage lying around, but we had footage of the plane wreckage on the beach," which they shot when the plane needed to be moved or it would have been washed out to sea. "We thought, let's put those shots at the end of the show and it will be a little buffer and lull. And when people saw the footage of the plane with no survivors, it exacerbated the problem."

But the characters definitely survived the plane crash and really were on a very real island. At the very end of the series, though? Yep, they were all dead when they met up in heaven for the final "church" scene.

There is no certain term to good search for that. Stop trying so hard to fit it.

>adding that he believes that some footage they showed at the very end of the series lead to much of the misunderstanding
So even he knows his story is not clear at all.

Remember when during Season 1 one of the producers claimed that
>everything on LOST can be explained by science and technology. There will not be any magic or stuff like that.
Heh

>There is no certain term to good search for that.
that was a badly written sentence

literally google lost purgatory and there will be plenty of results

the whether they were actually dead the whole time or not part of the story was completely clear

How would I guess to search "lost purgatory" when you are talking about a director interview?

>how would I guess to search for the thing I'm arguing about?

Because there are countless other things that you could search.

Are you really this dumb? Do you not realize what hindsight knowledge is?

Me and Jacob up in the limousine

>I'm trying to find an interview about purgatory and Lost. What should I google?
>certainly not "Lost purgatory".

REEEEEEEEEEE

who is guessing? that's exactly what the person was talking about

and the show ended 7 years ago, it's not exactly difficult to find information on it

>go google it
>the first sentence of the first freaking result
>cannot people can be this stupid

youtube.com/watch?v=_nH1rCXv36A

I want to go back. ;_;

You can't really be this stupid ... right?

Everything on the island actually happened. Only the flashes in the last season were purgatory.

No, you dumb fuck. Jesus, you're stupid. Because there are literally countless other things you could search instead. And purgatory was not the direct topic of the conversation. It was the director. So unless you find it by randomly searching, you're not going to get it. You have to know what you're looking for first.

You're trying so hard to fit in and it's just sad.
Also funny how you start samefagging as damage control.

>calls people stupid
>types with ... retardation
>can't even use ellipsis correctly
Irony.

See

if someone is stupid enough to literally believe they all died in the plane crash then there's no sense in arguing with him

>you will NEVER ever go back in time to enjoy the LOST Sup Forums threads again

If someone is literally stupid enough that they can't even type then there's no point in them wasting oxygen.

>And purgatory was not the direct topic of the conversation. It was the director.

You were looking for a director's interview specifically about one topic but you refused to google for that topic.

I mean fuck, if you wanted to find information on a specific battle Napoleon fought it, you wouldn't google "French military conflicts", right?

Not even close to the same thing.
Because Napoleon is a broad subject. The topic here is a very specific quote about a specific instance in the series.

It'd be like trying to google "French military conflicts" and find information about a random solider.

>Because there are literally countless other things you could search instead.

so you searched for nothing and are now whining about not finding anything

I think someone on Lost had a thing for pregnant chicks. There's a lot of them in the show.

LOST DEFINITIVE POWER RANKINGS

UNDISPUTED BEST CHARACTER BEYOND PRIMITIVE NUMERICAL RANKING:

RICHARD ALPERT

>IMMENSE POWER GAP

1. DESMOND HUME
2. JAMES "SAWYER" FORD
3. JIN SOO KWON ジン ス クォン
4. PUNISHED JACK
5. JACK SHEPHARD
6. MILES
7. BENJAMIN LINUS
8. DANIEL FARADAY
9. MR. EKO
10. PIERRE CHANG
11. DOGEN 道厳 (MASTER OF THE TEMPLE)
12. DR. ARZT
13. SAYID (DARK AVATAR)
14. LAPIDUS
15. VINCENT

>POWER GAP

16. SAYID
17. PAULO
18. DURN
19. MICHAEL
20. CHRISTIAN SHEPHARD
21. BERNARD
22. BOONE
23. HUGO "REDDIT" REYES
24. CHARLIE
25. WALT
26. GARY TROUP (AIRTURBINE BRO)
27. KEAMY

WAIFU RANKINGS

1. ALEX ROUSSEAU
2. JULIET
3. PENNY
4. KATE
5. SUN
6. PUNISHED DANIELLE ROUSSEAU (junglefu)
7. YOUNG DANIELLE ROUSSEAU (frenchfu)
8. CHARLOTTE LEWIS (redfu)
9. ANA LUCIA (confused bonerfu)
10. LIBBY
11. LLANA
12. ELLIE HAWKING (50s)
13. CINDY (AIR HOSTESS)
14. SHANNON
15. CLAIRE
16. NAOMI

Fuck the trolling, post verticals!

>1, Desmond Hume

Good job, brotha

>The topic here is a very specific quote about a specific instance in the series.

Right, so it should be even easier to find, I was just illustrating your terrible thought process.

Forget the metaphor: You're telling me that if you actually tried to find the interview your first guess would be to google "Lost interview" and then look through every single one instead of just putting in what you know (that the interview is about purgatory)?

>not citing your claims in the first place
>literally no idea how to make a formal argument
>gets mad when people tell him to cite his sources
>tries to blame other people for his faults
Good stuff.
And yes, why waste time searching for a needle in a hay stack.

I don't think I've ever watched a show where I enjoy the characters and mystery only to be left feeling "that's it?" at the end. I know people say that the journey is what matters, but fuck that. That is no excuse to cap off a good show with a terrible ending. You're just excusing lazy and bad writing at that point.

No, they actually makes it harder, because you don't know what exact specific term to search for.
Man, you're really fucking stupid, dude.
Also see

All you need to know is that the writers went in over their heads with the plot. They imagined a grandiose backstory and managed to only piece together some coherence near the end. That means you shouldn't try to question every unanswered thing.

desmond had a hard life

>No, they actually makes it harder, because you don't know what exact specific term to search for.

But you just said yourself that you knew what to search for, the specific quote about purgatory. Knowing exactly what interview you're looking for tends to make it easier to find said interview, not harder.

>not citing your claims in the first place
this is Sup Forums, not middle school english

>literally no idea how to make a formal argument
I don't have to argue anything, read the words directly from the people who made the show

>gets mad when people tell him to cite his sources
as if

>tries to blame other people for his faults
your inability to think and search logically are your problems and yours alone

>citing common knowledge

It's not common knowledge and you're a moron.

>But you just said yourself that you knew what to search for, the specific quote about purgator
Holy shit, just off yourself already. You can't even read. The point is that people did NOT know it was a interview related directly to purgatory. That's the point. All you said was the director said it.

>read the words directly from the people who made the show
No, really, it's impressive how fucking stupid you are. What they say has nothing to do with you not being able to make a formal argument. Which involves citing sources.

>not middle school english
Yeah, let's see you find any creditable university that accepts papers without citation.

Lmao this nigga is retarded

They could have at least tried to think up something creative to dig themselves out of their own hole. But instead they went with a cliché piece of shit twist that my own mother predicted in the first season.

>getting this triggered over not being able to google

I love Sup Forums

>there are people existing who watched all 6 seasons of lost and unironically still believe the purgatory meme

>The point is that people did NOT know it was a interview related directly to purgatory

>Original post: anyone saying that they were in purgatory clearly didnt' listen to the producers podcasts.

>You: Clearly the interview I'm trying to find is in no way related to purgatory.

>Lmao
>and samefagging
>tries to call other people retarded
Irony. Again.

There's no explanation. It's all bullshit. One of the worst shows ever (though S1 was GOAT and it had some very good season finale twists as the show went on).

>triggered
I love how you are blatantly announcing that you are newshit from tumblr. And you do 100% shamelessly.

>It's not common knowledge and you're a moron.

Not him, but it's been brought up every single time the "they were dead all along" theory was mentioned. Even during the show itself they denied it. So, common knowledge to anyone who discussed the show.

>implying the different people calling you retarded for APAfagging are not different people who can recognize blatant stupidity

I'm still trying to get this straight. So everything happened for real, except for the alternate reality where everyone didn't know each other and they never crashed on the island. That bit was purgatory, right? Either way, it felt stupid to even include that bit. Now I look at that final season as half filler, half relevancy to the plot.

>Not him
Literally confirmed for being him.
What kind of retard actually thinks their word is proof of the internet. Of course you're going to lie about who you are.

That's 100% correct.

They should've ended it where they go into the alternate reality, kill their doubles and take their place.

You caught me, I'm a samefag changing my IP every 30 seconds to get around the minute between posts restriction.

You really don't like women, do you?

To change your IP literally all it takes is flipping your phone's air plane mode on an off.

>their word
the producer's words, stated many times in many places, easily found with simple searches

and I use 7 proxies

You have severe mental issues

Don't you dare accuse me of being a phone poster. That's worse than not being able to google.

what are some other shows like LOST?

Holy shit, "their word" was referring to you trying to claim what posts are or are not yours.

This is how fucking stupid you. You literally can not understand anything you read.

>still implying multiple posters are the same person

kek

>kek
>lmao
>etc
Are you trying to make yourself look bad on purpose?

The Leftovers is the same thing all over again

The only difference is that this time I have no expectations that things will ever be explained

>This is how fucking stupid you.