No other cave movie can even fucking compete. Why has The Descent been the only movie since '05 to get the whole tight...

No other cave movie can even fucking compete. Why has The Descent been the only movie since '05 to get the whole tight, claustrophobic enclosed spaces thing with monsters scaring the shit out of you right? Does it have to do with being in a cave or just the fantastic execution provided by the filmmakers and actors?

There is still yet to be ONE cave movie thats even in the same league. Bet you guys cant find even one thats close.

t.b.h i don't know any other cave movies like this one
i think the creepy thing about it is the fact that you don't know there's even monsters in the movie. i thought it was just a survival-type movie when i first watched it.

>No other cave movie can even fucking compete.
I can't even name another one.

Really liked this movie, but the "cheating/affair" bullshit at the end damn near ruined it for me. In no way would that shit come up or be relevant in that situation. It went from a sweet ass survival/monster movie to a "girl fight!" in seconds and fuck that movie for it.

If any of you know of similar movies, I'd be willing to check them out

Liked most of The Descent

>tfw no good Ted the Caver movie

The whole point of the movie is that you're not even supposed to be sure that there are any monsters at all. Its supposed to be implied that the "descent" is a physical one as well as metaphorical, the protagonist's descent into madness. Hence why you see her with her daughter at the end. She went insane in the cave, killed her friends, and never escaped.

Of course this went right over the heads of every normie who watched the film and the sequel was utter trash as a result

2 > 3 > 5 > 1 > 6 > 4

I think the point was how the experience turned her into a monster herself

>"girl fight!"

She stabs Juno in the leg after they have a stare-off and leaves her to die. Not really much of a fight. There's no big emotional "you fucked my man, bitch!" catfight. It was well handled with Sarah's emotional growth: where she starts off as timid and fragile and ends up as a stonecold survivalist. Juno gets to experience that first hand, which was a satisfying climax to those character arcs.

The only other cave monster movie like this is 'The Cave', which I highly doubt and hope no one else has seen.

ha-ha y-yeah I totally knew that ha ha stupid n-normies

ethnically ambiguous juno is obv superior

I think As Above, So Below could've been saved if they've just forgone the stupid found footage gimmick and not ruin any chance of setting up any memorable shots, there were things I still liked about it

The implication was that it was some type of morale revenge for Juno's "vileness", and sure whats-her-name looks bad for doing it, but why is this character arc in the story? It's out of nowhere and completely changes the mood of the movie. Might as well have added a gay love triangle to The Thing, and had Childs murder Macready in the end because he slept with Norris.

Sarah's emotional growth was from timid to murderer. She murdered Juno over a man, as well as suspecting Juno killed that other bitch, which wasn't the case. I don't need some alternate story about love and revenge in a movie about survival and horror.

this
there was even a deleted scene at the start of the movie, where the girl is in the hospital there was going to be a shot of one of the monsters in the background, proving that they were just in her mind all along, but it got removed by the director

Did anyone else find the last scene in The Descent 2 laughably bad?

Book ruined the movie for me. I like horror but I couldn't get into it. Would recommend the book though.

I liked it until the monsters, then it turned a bit retarded.

It's based on a book?

I thought it was decent.

The entirety of the Descent 2 is laughably bad.

On a foundational level, but nothing beyond the subterranean humanlike creatures who live down there. The book is great though. Full of adventure and intrigue, a modern Jules Verne tale.

fuck i forgot about that

off yourself

still the creepiest thing ever

how did the metal hook/latch get there?

reminded me of the book the time machine

>books

get a load of this faggot