/msg/ -Motorsport General

Rolex 24 - SOON
Bathurst 12 - SOON
Speedweeks - SOON

F for Raceway Park

>luck stomp pays less than storing used cars designated for auction on your land

jalopnik.com/englishtown-raceway-abruptly-closes-its-nhra-drag-strip-1822154422

Other urls found in this thread:

motorsport.com/motogp/news/folger-will-not-race-in-2018-due-to-illness-996760/
multimedia.netstorage.imsa.com/2018Website/EntryLists/2018_IWSC_Rolex24_PreEvent_EntryList.pdf
sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/marquardt-bmw-on-back-foot-after-m8-gte-redesign/
dinnerwithracers.com/ep-87-jeremy-mayfield/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why is indoor motocross so lame, burgers?

supercross is literally a sport made for chads

>completely smooth track
>repeating the same jumps on every straight
>chad
Come on bruv

Byron cucked Sadler out of a (minor league) chip and Elliott out of his car number. Who’s next on the list?

motorsport.com/motogp/news/folger-will-not-race-in-2018-due-to-illness-996760/

>Jonas Folger will not race in MotoGP in 2018
holy shit
Who will occupy the seat?

>SNEAK

I started watching supercross last year and wish I'd done so sooner. It fixes literally everything wrong about modern auto racing.

>events are on a comfy saturday night instead of sunday afternoon conflicting with football
>riders are legit athletes so nobody can really call you a redneck for watching it
>races are just long enough to provide satisfying battles while also remaining short enough to keep normies attention spans
>big fucking jumps
>big fucking crashes
>fireworks
>decent commentating crew
>tons of support from big brands like Monster, Red Bull, etc
>on-board cameras actually provide a unique vantage point that adds to the broadcast (seriously most onboard cameras show fuck all)
>fireworks
>chicks in leather
>rain races make the events better.
>events are well attended so theres always a good atmosphere

I cannot stand non tarmac racing. Don't know why.

You walk into the club and this guy smacks your girl's ass. What do you do?

Offer him a bag of MnMs to fuck off

Sounds like what GRC is and should be. The problem with GRC is that the in person attendance sounds so convoluted. It's like hour + gaps between heats and shit. Even GRC lites don't fill the voids well.

GRC has the potential to keep motorsport alive, endurance/sports car racing has long lasting appeal and always did. Indycar may be able to stay relevant, Nascar I still see dying.

bump

could be Kohta Nozane, Honda has Nakagami, Yamaha needs a young jap, also could be one of the superbike riders, i don't think they'll put a rider from moto 2

Anything off road is pretty redneck by default, especially since off highway vehicles are environment destroying devils now.

I thought WRX assassinated GRC by being a real racing series.

Them dudes are skilled, no doubt, but it just doesn't resonate with me compared to the high speed racing series....except for F1, of course.

Knock him the fuck out and claim it was Joey Logano when the police arrived.

Rolex 24 complete entry list:
multimedia.netstorage.imsa.com/2018Website/EntryLists/2018_IWSC_Rolex24_PreEvent_EntryList.pdf

Upcoming battles:
>Filipe Albuquerque vs Ricky Taylor - Will the querqster try to retaliate, or will Ricky make him his bitch again out of spite
>Juan Pablo Montoya vs the entire field
>Alonso vs. Stroll - No way Alonso's ego will allow him to be defeated by some young punk
>Corvette vs. Ford - Both are pretty regularly spanking everybody else in GTLM
>Pooper MacNeil vs the wall at any given turn
>Mirko Bortolotti vs the entire GTD field - this dude has been a beast behind the wheel of anything

TEN
MORE
DAYS

Rooftop Ray sends his regards and Scott Pruett says "Hi" to everyone at home.

If Alonso vs. Stroll is all you've got I'm suddenly really disinterested in this race.

>no SVG

>>no SVG
Right there with you, dude.

Right there with you.

All that's missing is a meme driver like Danica, Gordon, or even put amd amx in there

That shitty weather kicked Gordon straight in the ass last year, and then there was the "rubbin's racin" incident he had pretty much as soon as he got behind the wheel, which was pure comedy.

While Danica pretty much sucked in cup, she'd be no worse than that Legge chick that always seems to manage a seat at this race lately, and Mad Amx would be awesome because you KNOW that young buck would go 120% psycho trying to win.

Regardless, I'd like to see SvG, Winscups, based Lowndes, or any of the other supercars bad asses roll in this race, as it's a great course, and great race imo.

10 days, boys.
10 days.

>illness

was it aids?

i was really hoping she wouldnt find a ride or sponsor

sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/marquardt-bmw-on-back-foot-after-m8-gte-redesign/

so couldnt any manufacturer show up with a new shitbox and just wait for BoP to fix everything? I miss the old system desu

So she's in for both the Indy500 and that other nascar one?

cancer confirmed

Maybe we'll get lucky and she'll get Bourdais'd during practice

so the guy i was bumming fox sports go off of canceled his cable package. I need a way to watch the Rolex 24. is there a good international stream i can proxy my way into? help me Sup Forums

imsa.tv which you should have already been watching

i still have to use a proxy for this correct?

For the race yes but there will probably be a youtube restream

Thanks!!

Must be nice to have money to waste like that....

NIELSEN VS POOPER

>2018
>needing waivers

They brought it upon themselves

>so couldnt any manufacturer show up with a new shitbox and just wait for BoP to fix everything?
That's literally all anyone but Ferrari, Ford, and to a lesser extent Chevrolet have been doing for ages. Ford pretty much did the opposite and showed up with a blatantly illegal and unfair car and waited for BoP to fix everything. [spoiler]and "fix" it did[/spoiler]

The Viper, the old 991, the Vantage, and most of the BMWs were all immense fucking shitboxes that got BoP'd to the moon. The Corvettes used to be good cars but GM stopped giving a damn knowing they'd just get BoP'd to lose to cheap garbage so these days Corvette Racing barely gets more funding than needed to just operate the cars.

who is going to field her Daytona ride? Almirola has the Smithfield 10 now. SHR already has 4 cars.

No major team because they actually want to try and win

GoDaddy and her sugar daddy Aaron Rodgers are trying to get her a top tier ride. Most of the top teams are going nuts over the publicity this can bring for NASCAR.
>female driver married to star athlete
>black driver
>mexican drive

the only REAL question is who gets the meme Daytona 500 pole? Bowman? Wallace? Danica? Elliot?

She's not married to Rodgers they started dating like 2 weeks ago

>owing they'
the only "top" teams that can field a car for her are Penske, RFR, and RCR.

The best ride she could field by FAR is a Penske ride, but they wont spend the time to engineer a ride for her, so that leaves RCR and RFR. I can see her in a RFR car for Daytona. Jack Roush never met a willing sponsor he didnt like.

suarez

>who is going to field her Daytona ride?
Probably one of the back marker teams that rotate drivers in and out throughout the season. I imagine they'd appreciate some big bucks for playing along with the dog and pony show.

>she'd be no worse than that Legge chick
Legge won 2 races in her class last year and podiumed 4 times.

>Cadillac slowed
>Mazda and ESM BoP'd up
>M8 as well

Is offseason done now?
What was unfair about the 2016 Ford GT at the time?

>go too slow
penalized
>go too fast
penalized
>win
penalized

BoP is shit. just make every car a Chevy Volt and add a huge hideous fin to the DPi Volts so they can keep it multiclass

They didn't even start production until a year later and actually meet the minimum requirement for like 18 months. Then it was BoP'd I don't know, like 5 seconds per lap faster than everything but the Ferrari at Le Mans, they never stopped sandbagging even during the race so who even knows.

Gotcha, that's crazy.

>this DWR Jeremy Mayfield episode
dude goes from the top rope on Evernham/France

>RFR
>YFW Danica having the ex-boyfriend she just dumped as a team-mate.

Please make this happen.

link

dinnerwithracers.com/ep-87-jeremy-mayfield/

>tfw made the mistake of following nascar drivers
99.9% paid shilling

Goddamn this bike is sexy

I follow a lot of Indycar drivers.
A fair few unfiltered opinions.

Paul Tracy in particular was a good follow.

/our guy/ ?

Always was.
The man isn't afraid to defend his views.

This. I love you Kes but I get It you work for Ford bro, enough tweets

>jeremy could have been in the 48

HOLY FUCKING BASED

>using "social media" to follow anyone, attention whore, and further enrich advertising joos
Nope.

Never forget that Juan Pablo Montoya managed to crash into a jet dryer and light the race track in fire during a yellow flag.

Look man I need those pictures of anime girls on cars

>lolcantturn
Shitalians haven't won a title in over a decade.

Legge is a pretty legit endurance driver, tough as fuck and knows the car. She won The Glen in GTD class last year. Compared to Danica she has a win and it wasn't a bullshit fuel milage one either.

>the only REAL question is who gets the meme Daytona 500 pole? Bowman? Wallace? Danica? Elliot?
Chess and Byron for the pole and duel winners but probably going to be Ford for actual race distance. Gonna say sneaky Amirola win.

Its their job. You just need to follow the ones who either make their shilling part of their shitposting like Landon and Junior. Or who don't give a fuck like Mike Harmon

>MFW Mike Harmon DESTROYED Brandon Brown on twitter

I think Danica would do really well in endurance racing. Shame she's just straight up retiring though. The money she's bringing for those 2 races could fund multiple IMSA seasons.

pretty sure she thinks shes above sports cars

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised. Which is very ironic considering that she would have a much better chance of showing of her skill there, as the cars are evenly matched.

What skill?

true desu

how come the 911 isnt allowed to carry as much fuel? i saw a post today that said the fords have been allowed more fuel and the porsche not as much??

>Dale Jr
>Landon
>drivers

Guys,
www.racer.com/indycar/item/146847-indycar-engine-development-agreement-new-formula-coming

Nothing specific regarding the formula, but:

>"We hope to have some sort of news on this early in the year," Frye said. "And we are in agreement that the power piece is what's next in the equation. Everybody wants more power, so that's what we're working on giving our fans with this plan. 'Fast and loud,' brother, that's the thing we're going for."

I hope they plan to allow a fair few different types of engines, set a maximum HP number, then set a minimum engine weight that can be reached through ballast so smaller engines don't inherently have an advantage.

indy is in a good place atm, is it trying to steal f1's thunder?

'Fast and loud,' brother, that's the thing we're going for."
muh dick

>She won The Glen in GTD class last year.
No, Andy Lally won the Glen AND Bell Isle in GTD last year....despite being anchored by Legge. He's a proven driver, and has been winning races consistently going as far back as 03'.
>Compared to Danica she has a win and it wasn't a bullshit fuel milage one either.
Legge hasn't won shit by herself, dude. She's just another no talent chick driver that gets sympathy rides from white knight beta male owners that use her as a tool to virtue signal for "giving women a chance to race".

She's a waste of a seat. Just like Patrick was, and just like DeSilvestro is in supercars.

Remember when Legge was consistently the fastest driver of the deltawing and fast enough to lead at Daytona?

F1 has no thunder the second the flip flop halo hits the track in 2 months

This looks weird

Remove the swoosh and it's good

Autism time! Average laps of both drivers at those two races. Strange looking laptimes were eliminated (might be a safety car or something)

GLEN

Lally 1:46.392
Legge 1:47.248

BELLE ISLE

Lally 1:31.737
Legge 1:32.900

If I flex my autism enough I might be able to do it for all drivers but fuck that shit. Right now I have to do it one by one and it takes too much time.

Maybe one day I might be able to rank all drivers on consistency and raw pace. The data is all here.

>Lally driving a second faster on every lap

Incoming whiteknight meltdowns...

Anyone have a clip of Gordon doing a "rubbin's racin'" moment?

This one?

Why is Nascar considered a redneck sport?

LOL he outbraked himself, that was just not knowing WTF he's doing/cold tyres, not aggression.

>The money she's bringing for those 2 races could fund multiple IMSA seasons.
Not even close. Indy is like $1m and Daytona is similar depending what kind of team it is. (the small guys probably do it on close to 500k while Gibbs is probably even higher) GTD is nearly $3m a season now, which is supposed to be similar to a WEC GTE or LMP2 budget, ridiculously enough. It might get her a couple seasons in ELMS.

The actual news story here is "IndyCar cheaps out on engine development", everything else is just a distraction.
>don't worry, we may be getting rid of aero development but we'll still have strong engine competition!
>haha just kidding Honda doesn't want to pay for that either
>but don't worry goy we'll have new engines later!*
>(may or may not have new engines later)
Honda America is cancer, honestly.

That was beautiful.
Because it's easier to build a race track out in the country, dude, and urbanites think anyone that doesn't live in some concrete shithole is a "redneck".

It's a fanbase thing.

I feel the same about Rick and Morty. I love both, but am scared to tell people because of the reputation.

I have successfully introduced my last three girlfriends to R&M though and they loved it. So at least we got that going for us.

My current GF is the best prospect for getting someone into NASCAR. We shall see.

From my understanding it's because a lot of rednecks watch it and the general consenus of "It's so easy because they only turn left" only furthers that stereotype

That looks great

>tfw get to see this bad boy at the track in March

Looks good to me, dude.

Think they'll have a salute to Gurney at the Rolex 24?

Literally who

Behold 10% of my Autism

Race lap averages for the entire GTD grid at the Glen.

Couple of notes:

Only laps where the driver was scored as being on track were counted
Only laps within 3s of the driver's fastest lap were counted

This is sorted by average lap

This is sorted by the difference between fastest and average lap. The 2 ultra fast dudes at the top of this might have not done as many laps as say Balzan or Lally. Context is important.