What would happen if there were no offsides?

What would happen if there were no offsides?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=reY1CWMo57Y
youtube.com/watch?v=c0VRGz_yW-0
stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/celtic/240624-how-the-scottish-fa-tried-to-revolutionise-the-offside-law/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Have you ever seen children playing football? That will happen.

No tactics

everyone would play shallow defense near the goal line with 4 DMs that can shoot and 2 tall strikers

>Le manlet goalhanger

The bane of 5aside football

HOOF IT TO THE BIG LAD

>4 dm's

There would be no DM's at all there would be no midfield

Christiano would become the undisputed GOAT

Every team would play with 6 or 7 defenders and 3 or 4 attackers. The defenders would stand on or near the goal line and the attackers would stand on the edge of the opposition box. The game would consist of the defenders winning the ball and clearing it to the attackers. The game would favour big, strong players with little technical ability. There would be no need to have anyone that can dribble and most practical skills in the modern game would have little to no use. The attackers would be little more than battering rams that are good at getting the ball past players without being particularly skillful. Defenders would be good at holding their position and knowing the right time to strike to take the ball off the attackers. Passing would be a rarely used skill, the predominant kind of passing would be the aforementioned clearing of the ball from defence to attack.

We know all of this is true because this is basically what the game became before the offside rule was first introduced, with a few amendments to reflect the ways the game has advanced since then.

Football without the offside rule would be almost completely pointless.

Lacazette could score as much as Pelé

>Playing in the park with m8s
>Tfw the game always eventually devolves to the point where both keepers are just hoofing it up to that kid who stands near the net the whole match and refuses to defend

>not man-marking that guy so he doesn't get a single touch all day

this

so it would be more exciting because there would actually be scoring?

youtube.com/watch?v=reY1CWMo57Y

Apehoop, basically.

>scoring 100 goals = excitement

Do you get excited everytime a basketnegro scores?

There were no offsides in early football. Enjoy 1-1-8 hoofball.

I play in an astro league where there is only offside in the box. It's pretty good because it stretches the game out and you can actually pass the ball.
I think it would be an improvement on the game even at a professional level. No offside at all would be terrible though

Theo Walcott would the greatest player that ever lived

The sport started without offsides. They added it for a reason.

What would happen if blacks didn't play all your sports??

Exactly.

i don't think so, i think it would kill the attacking a lot.

the full backs would have to support way less the attacking side, and the defenders would have to play pretty spaced out so any triangulation with the balls would be slowed down.

i don't know honestly i think it is stupid to change the game in a professional level

What if there was a blue line instead like in hokkei? Where the ball had to pass before any offensive player could touch it

yes

Lol adhd is a mental disability

with the size of the field, the current system allows for more tactical variety, so that doesn't sound like a good change

the 2-2-6 formation would make a comeback

this sounds so bad, i cant believe u actually thought about it

Hard to tell really what would happen until you see it. It's too big a change anyway so it will never happen.

Basketball has become much more a game of small (still 6'3) guards or big men with small-man athleticism/technical skill.

This is no longer the era of Chamberlain.

It would be cool if we had some preseason summer tournaments with different, more experimental rules, like no offsides, playing with 10 players, etc

It is still a ridiculously offensive game, so the comparasion is valid.

Pre-season tourneys are the perfect testing ground for new ideas. The players don't give a shit if they win and the fans in developing markets will turn up anyway so why the fuck is it not happening?

Imagine if offsides was introduced into apehoop

my sides

They should do it in summer friendlies for fun, like adding balls when they are in a draw and geting more players in the field, make it exciting!

And more adds! And some music shows on the field. Wow, that would be the dream.

And have the mascots fight in the midtime, make the public enjoy the whole time

>And some music shows on the field.
Are you people so cynical you can't appreciate a multi-hundred member marching band performance?

Yo mean the pop rap duet flavour of the month

I know it's not like the traditional halftime call to prayer like in your country, but you should really give it a chance.
youtube.com/watch?v=c0VRGz_yW-0

Goalhangers for fucking days
Only strategy is to long ball it forward to said goalhanger, nothing inbetween

all this sounds better than passing the ball around midfield for 90 minutes

Fuck them Aggies, but I'll give them this. That military precision really translates well when it translates to band tactics and formations.

what if the pitch was a triangle, and there were 3 goals?

What is the pitch was cut in half, and there was only one goal. Instead of being purely defensive, part of the GKs' responsibilities would include trying to steal the ball from the other team (a keeper could not score though). Think of it like an adapted version of half-court basketball.

So american lmao

>American marching band
>So american lmao
Nothing gets past you.

Old style football, very positional defenders throwing the ball immediately to the forwards with very little intervention from the midfielders...everyone will play like us.

Christiano is good only because he times his runs inside the box perfectly, without offside there would be no spaces to run in the box since it would be all an hoofball fest inside the packed boxes

Oh it's this time again when an American asks this question.
>made this file in 2013

t. brainlet

they tried this in the Scottish League Cup in the 1970s

it didnt go well and they binned it very shortly

stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/celtic/240624-how-the-scottish-fa-tried-to-revolutionise-the-offside-law/

Just break his shins

I'm playing 7-a-side with some old friends. It's fucking terrible, there's no offside there and it's literally the most boring thing I've ever tried.

I'm a player who relies on positioning a lot, and basically when there's no offside, none of that matters. ALL that matters is the ability to run for the entire game. That's it. No skill, no brain.

This is how I used to play on school sometimes, there was always some cunt waiting for the rebounds and going for the tap-ins.
Basically the guy with more physical power would score.

So you would legitimately win 4 WCs?

>Two offside lines are used instead of using the last defender; each teams offside line is the one closest to their opponents goal
>Players inside their opponents penalty area before the ball's passed into it are also offside
>No two-line passes allowed
Did I just fix this gay sport in 2 minutes?

That would compact the game too much

You ruined it. That only works for hockey because the rink is small and players are able to transition with the puck quickly

>It wouldn't work
>Here are no reasons why
Thanks for the input, Tyrese.

didn't old NASL do something like that?