>people were arguing dcu vs mcu
>meanwhile fox has the only two capekinos since rocketeer

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bv3FWCdO0rw
youtu.be/ptKgRecPi1I
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gB6fEpaD2e0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

DUDE R RATING LMAO

how do they do this? they know exactly what theyre doing. you dont listen about stupid drama behind cameras, or extensive reshoots or whatever. they just deliver proper movies, how?

youtube.com/watch?v=bv3FWCdO0rw

>since rocketeer

I'm sure you meant to say since Unbreakable.

Deadpool would have been better if the humor wasnt so force fed

>DUDE LISTEN ITS AN EDGY JOKE

My favorite joke was the Alien 3 Sigourney Weaver haircut

They don't give a shit about competing with DC or Marvel and focus on making movies.

Weirdly enough, I think DC and Marvel have their expectations too high. They're not trying to make good movies, or successful movies, they're trying to make billion dollar movies. Deadpool and Logan seem more like they're keeping expectations not unreasonably high, so they aren't looking at it from the perspective of "this needs to make at least $600 million or it's a catastrophic failure. Instead, they're spending $30-100 million, figuring on it making $300 million at least, nothing too crazy.

Then it actually comes out great and makes piles of money, but there ya go.

It's because fox doesn't give a shit about continuity and building a cinematic universe and just lives movie by movie, but at least they let their directors do their thing unlike Disney who seems to interfere at every step and warner brothers who edit the shit out of their movies at the last minute

they have been severely underutilizing their fantastic four and x-men licenses though

>only two

Only three.

Fantastic Four has been shit but X1 and X2 were better than anything DC or Marvel have done

Fantastic 4 is one of those licenses that I just can't see ever having a good movie, much like the Hulk.

Something about that particular IP is just shit anywhere other than comic books.

fox is mcu dumbass

although fox owns the right, its still basically the same people producing it

If your going for dark and gritty, why would you knee cap yourself by limiting your vocabulary, stripping out themes, and gutting your action?

R rating works.

It'd make a cute CG animated movie provided they don't shoehorn in pop culture references through the whole fucking thing.

I was about to say the same thing. Maybe it'd make a good video game or something, but it's like there's an assumption that it should translate into good movies which should really be reconsidered.

Legion is really quite fantastic. Also has the ultimate thiccfu so thats a plus point

Norton Hulk was good not great.

Fox isn't mcu its FMCU

Fox X-Men movies are produced by the Lauren Schule Donner (whose husband gave us Superman The Movie)

Kevin FAGe and the other MCU losers haven't laid a finger on their films.

villains like kang the conqueror and annihilus could be great if done right though

Their M.O. since Avengers has been to compete with Marvel via the X-Men as an ensemble series. They've been after spectacle ever since First Class and every release has been a tentpole flick trying to kickstart the series into Disney numbers. The fact that that's a losing battle is something they're only now beginning to realize, and the successes that are making them notice that were made in spite of their shitty decisions, not because of them.

Reynolds *begged* for Deadpool. He suffered through Fox's total destruction of the character in Origins and, after the character had been rendered effectively worthless, offered to work for pennies and even help fund the film, and even *that* took years to get Fox's approval.

Logan was a similar story. Jackman was burnt out on Wolverine and refused another film. Mangold approached him with the idea for Logan dying and Jackman liked it enough to agree. They went to Fox and--again--offered to work with a tiny budget and take pay cuts in order to get the greenlight. It helped that Jackman had the bargaining chip of "It's this or nothing". Fox finally agreed.

Both of those projects originated outside of the Fox retard-machine. Both of those projects exist in SPITE of Fox's repeated and failed attempts to make an Avengers contender. Both of them are as good as they are precisely because their low budgets (and low expectations) allowed them to be made with minimal studio oversight. Fox is a company that is absolutely petrified of straying from formula. Apocalypse was their movie.

Deadpool and Logan are happy afterthoughts (or, in Logan's case, the result of their biggest money-maker actively twisting their arm). The fact that they ended up better than anything else Fox has made isn't a point in their favor.

Mexmen & The Redditor?

Sorry but DChads win.

>>me
Legion is so kino

>edgy jokes and forced feels
>kino

Villains, maybe, but the whole premise of Fantastic 4 just doesn't fit with this era's movies. It's like if they kept rebooting Lost in Space trying to finally turn it into a billion dollar franchise.

End of the day, Fox caved. That means that they were willing to listen.

Imagine if Chris Pratt tried to pull a similar stunt on Kevin Feige and demand Guardians 2 be more grounded and dramatic. Or imagine RDJ twisting Feige's arm and force him to see an Iron Man with alcoholism as the antagonist.

It wouldn't happen.

BvS is rated R but not blatant about it. They write a story for adults about men with great power but weak egos seeking validation in a modern society.
Fox milks that R rating for entertainment
DUDE FUCK LMAO DUDE SEX LMAO DUDE HEADSHOT LMAO
You could take all the R rated elements out of Goodfellas and it's still be a great movie, what is Deadpool and Logan without the shock value of superheroes swearing?

I know Ryan Reddit Reynolds career will crash and burn sooner or later

He can't make an entire career out of being le quip faggot

One day he will get caught diddling 15 year olds, include me in the screencap

WE

>Logan without the shock value of superheroes swearing?
Still really great to be honest.

>3 (THREE) Fantastic 4 flops
>not one Doctor Doom anti-hero kino

The only cape show worth watching, can't wait for the finale this week. Fox has really been on a roll recently with the X-men shit.

>BvS is rated R but not blatant about it
If by not blatant you mean "not even rated R," then yes.

Snyder could be adapting Alan Moore's works instead of fucking around with the Super Friends. He's the only director who successfully brought Moore to the screen, and it's a fucking waste that he's not allowed to keep that ball rolling.

Marvel/Disney found a formulaic approach to making a perfect summer blockbuster. It's very controlled but also very effective. You know exactly what you're getting walking into a MCU movie. It's going to be a safe, competently made movie with some humour, and a consistent tone.

DC/Warner Brothers have desperately tried to get in on that sweet, sweet comic book cinematic universe cash that Marvel did and in doing so have let corporate intervention kill two of their movies so far. They seemed to be too scared to follow Marvel's tried and true recipe exactly and instead wanted to emulate them but under their terms. They won't allow directors any freedom like Marvel doesn't either, but DC's corporate creative control extends to trying to low-key follow whatever was working for Marvel to get the same money.

Meanwhile, off in the distance, there's Fox and the Marvel properties they have owned for years. Fox was making their X-Men movies nearly a decade before Disney's Marvel boom, the same continuity. Fox has had Hugh Jackman playing one of their characters every other year for nearly twenty years. They trust their creators essentially. They are wary to risk, Deadpool only got greenlit because the leaked footage blew up, but often they're willing to be hands-off and have faith in their creators more than DC or Marvel's companies. They'll still fuck up. There's still the two previous Wolverine movies on their necks, Fantastic Four. But Deadpool especially has woken them and hopefully others now to the reality that letting passionate creative people handle projects instead of leaving creative control up to a board room of old accountants can create not only financial success but lasting impactful movies.

Deadpool is going to age so terribly, like a nu-SNL skit

Believe it or not but words create impact.

A little bit of extra gore and uisng stronger words goes a long way as a literary device. No matter how edgy it may be, it works.

Logan would still be a great movie, although the lack of gore would take away from the impact of some scenes. Deadpool probably wouldn't be as funny though, but probably still decent. I still don't know why BvS was rated R to be honest.

This is really spot on. DOFP was very much an attempt at a "culminating" sequel type movie. Fox thought that a sequel to Last Stand, The Wolverine and First class would be the same as avengers in numbers. DOFP was a great movie, but the hollywood machines doesn't seem to get how audiences process movies.

Fox COULD have a cinemative universe on par with MCU. They don't have a Kevin Feige over seeing projects. Which we get conflicted continuity at fox all the time. They don't need to reboot and mess with time.... just have a set plan for future projects.

Logan was garbage desu. Only Laura/cunnyfags liked it.

youtu.be/ptKgRecPi1I

>My favorite joke was "Lol I understood that reference"
Pleb.

Daredevil is better, but Sup Forums likes to shit on it because "muh reddit" and "muh normies"

daredevil s1 is alright
daredevil s2 with punisher is really good
daredevil s2 without punisher is hot garbage

iron fist, luke cage and jessica jones are all garbage

>comic book films should do away with violence and vulgarity

nigga you wut

No, they just like that this piece of shit doesn't have any screentime in Legion and the fact that Noah Hawley doesn't give a shit about tying into other series.

I think it would. I'm sure Marvel realizes how important the actors are in the success of their films. RDJ as Iron Man practically made the MCU. Shit Pratt could probably get them to make a Howard the Duck erotic thriller with Starlord as the love interest considering how popular he is these days.

>ultimate thiccfu
name.

Disney's considerably more stubborn than Fox, and it would unquestionably cite the billions of dollars they've made by sticking to formula.

Their contracts are probably a fucking nightmare as well, and likely had full coverage of eventualities like their stars turning on them.

>Something about that particular IP is just shit anywhere other than comic books.
Nah. This video breaks it down pretty well.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gB6fEpaD2e0
The first two times it was just executed poorly and wasn't close enough to the comics in a lot of ways. The reboot tried too hard to differentiate itself from the first two. The main problem wasn't Trank, it was the studio not letting him make what he wanted to. You can tell there was good potential from the first half of the movie.

They'll get it right eventually.

>clip

They hire talented people to make stories for adults. That's it.

>Deadpool

Bro, you were supposed to put Legion next to Logan

But the reception for BvS was awful.

>Edgy jokes and old memes
>movie where wolverine fights his evil clone
>stories for adults

> Memepool
> Not First Class or Days of Future Past

What a fucking pleb

Knock DCEU down with MCU and stick Watchmen next to X-Men Films.

You know, put Marvel Netflix next to MCU too, it's fucking awful.

>since Rocketeer

Y'know trivialising a movie to "dude something lmao" is meant for shitposting, not actual discussions

>It's you who's out, kike, out of your mind!

Time will tell if Raimi was ahead of his time.

>shock value of superheroes swearing

Deadpool isn't a superhero, and both characters have personality types where they'd be cussing like sailors. There's no shock value in Wolverine or Deadpool swearing. Maybe some shock value in old Xavier swearing, but it was fuckin' great.

>I'm sure Marvel realizes how important the actors are in the success of their films.

I don't know, m8. The Marvel Machine looks an awful lot like it prides itself on being able to create stars out of nothing. The kind of cockiness that they can pick any superhero and make a summer blockbuster out of it.

That, and the biggest criticism that people have is that Marvel movies don't have any real stakes. If somebody like Scarjo, Ruffalo, or Hemsworth started getting too demanding, they might remember that they're well overdue for a death.

Logan made sense, and Deadpool was a pretty cheap bet at least. It's kind of a questionable move, and they weren't expecting a mega-hit, but it only cost like $60 million to make, so even if it only had a box office showing like Green Lantern it would make money. X-Men Origins: Wolverine made over $150 million. There was all the fan outcry and clamoring for them to do it, and hey, with a budget of $60 million, if it does as well as Watchmen or Ghost Rider, they'll make a handy sum by the time DVD sales come in.

>Deadpool isn't a superhero

comic book protagonist = super hero

when it comes to talking about movies and shit anyway. Batman ain't "super" but it still all the same man. You wanna get specific on alignment and shit go to go.

>when it comes to talking about movies and shit anyway
>what is Ghost World
>what is From Hell
>what is American Splendor
>what is Persepolis
>what is A History of Violence
>what is Road to Perdition
>what is Snowpiercer

>deadpool isn't a super hero and should fall in with all these movies

are you really being that dumb?

I wasn't that guy. I just couldn't let a comment like "all comic adaptation protags are superheroes" slide on Sup Forums.

Right, but you still managed to come off as a major faggot.

Not fp but still bp

actually they are both marvel

To you and you alone, Dcuck.

>Disney owns X-Men property

It is way too late for your to be this out of touch.