Is Dreamworks really the most inconsistent company to date...

is Dreamworks really the most inconsistent company to date? they've made a masterpiece like HTTYD but sometimes they dropped the ball like this

Other urls found in this thread:

torrentfreak.com/20th-century-fox-dreamworks-blackmailed-over-the-boss-baby-leak-170324/
youtube.com/watch?v=Bcg5rN-jlaw
youtube.com/watch?v=GrUTsJ-8s1k
youtube.com/watch?v=7WW2I0S1e0M
youtube.com/watch?v=FnKL4qk2Hps
youtube.com/watch?v=JQJJjcrwXQE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

don't forget Over the Hedge!!

>lmao drumpf is literally a baby amirite

Don't insult the baby

Movie was in production long before he got elected or even got nominated, but the fact that you immediately associate a baby with Trump says a lot.

How to Train your Dragon is great but it's not a masterpiece.

Their best film was the first Shrek, which was never as good as Pixar's bust and yet they still haven't topped it

This deserves to fail since cuck Baldwin has been trying to make a career out of shit talking Trump.

Nobody cares you dumb fuck, there's more to life than the Donald.

>Shrek
>best Dreamworks film
>not Prince of Egypt

that's where you're wrong friend

They always aim pretty low. They're very satisfied with slapstick, fart humor, etc. while pixar generally tries to go for a magical, emotional experience. One pleases critics, one pleases children.

I'm still waiting on them to return to making bible adaptations.

Serious question, do you think it's because they take risks?

Or something else entirely..?

wtf is HTTYD

Dreamworks has always been inconsistent and they've been edged out by Disney and Illumination. The old "classic" Pixar vs "edgy" Dreamworks dynamic doesn't really exist anymore.

Stop being so autistic. This has literally nothing to do with Trump.

finally, some real Kino. Cecil B. of this era

The box office generated by Pixar films suggest you don't need to go for the lowest common denominator to still bring in the kids, make them (and the parents who have to watch it with them) happy and make a bundle of money.

fucking this

If you haven't read the story about some dude with a leaked copy trying to blackmail the studio, it's pretty great
torrentfreak.com/20th-century-fox-dreamworks-blackmailed-over-the-boss-baby-leak-170324/

Not exactly a master criminal

The Prince of Egypt is unironically the best animated movie ever. It had everything.

how can you be this delusional?
Or am i being baited

no irony, a legit bible epic

Trying to please both groups definitely works sometimes for Pixar. But the first act of Wall-E, which is virtually free of dialogue, was praised by critics and left kids shifting in their seats with boredom. Kids just don't have patrician taste.

Even in their most recent film, Finding Dory, you can tell that they throw in some silly bits that wouldn't otherwise fit with the movie just to keep the plebby children happy. Like that retarded seal guy.

>make a movie about the relationship between a village outcast and his relationship with the creature that's terrorized his society
>make a 97 minute film about a baby that does adult things

"inconsistent"?

Their A team is really good and their B team is really, really bad

This is now a Prince of Egypt thread. Best song coming through:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bcg5rN-jlaw

And of course it's yet another "song." American animation may as well not have any instrumental music in it.

I'm getting a real Phantom of the Opera on Broadway vibe from this song

somebody tell avclub that. They think all movies and tv shows revolve around Trump now

>White baby
>Possesses intelligence like adult
>Not expecting low rt score

Megamind underrated af

More like
>Alec Baldwin is so funny on 30 Rock!
>Let's have him do that character in one of our movies!
>Call the writing team and get them to work on this """idea"""

delete your post

I can absolutely see Jack Donaghy approving this movie.

How did this get so strongly asociated with Trump?

The movie is great it's just getting sabotaged by alt-right movie bloggers who freak out over any humor related to Trump.

>It had everything.

Except the truth.

not one of the lyrical ones but i've always liked this one the best

>it's a retarded confirmation bias episode
youtube.com/watch?v=7WW2I0S1e0M
youtube.com/watch?v=FnKL4qk2Hps

It's very rare for people to talk about anything other than "songs."

>rotten tomatoes critics
>pro-trump

Keep up the false flagging. It should work sooner or later.

He did an impression and people laughed..

Some people laughed a lot desu.
imo it's kind of funny kinda eh

What did they mean by this face?

Love these digits.

Dragon

This looks so awful, feels like some early 2000's type humor that no one finds funny anymore.

>But the first act of Wall-E, which is virtually free of dialogue, was praised by critics and left kids shifting in their seats with boredom. Kids just don't have patrician taste.
t. Brad Bird.

Dreamworks is permanently stuck in the early 2000s and I love it.

They did make the greatest animated movie ever though

thats disgusting

>tfw have to wait another year for Incredibles 2

Alec Baldwin has been playing corporate douchebag types since the fucking 1980s

I'm absolutely amazed that more than one person at a company as big of DreamWorks thought this movie was a good idea

This is incompetency at its best.

are they the new Sony?

In terms of animation it's

Walt Disney Animation>>>>>>>>>>Pixar>>>>>>>>>>Dreamworks>>>Sony pictures animation>>>>Shit>>>>>Blue Sky= Illumination

Fuuu thats Murica!

>it's a Sup Forumsbeard is so insecure over their zionist president that they think a movie in production long before he came about that clearly has nothing to do with it is an attack piece

Alec Baldwin it's the best actor in the world after all, of course he can plays Trump and a baby in bussiness suit.

kino taste my dude

Dreamworks is so fucking inconsistent. The company that gave us Prince of Egypt, Antz, Rise of the Guardians, and Kung Fu Panda also gave us Shark Tale, Madagascar, Bee Movie, and Trolls

but user, all of those are shit besides antz and prince of eygpt. and both of them came out in the 90's

Why is Sup Forums so Reddit?

Where do you guys even come from? NeoGAF?

It seems every board is somewhat redpilled besides Sup Forums which is just so behind.

you forgot Warner Animation Group, their movies have been solid recently

Kung Fu Panda is fucking terrible you idiot. I have no idea why they made three of those. What is the third one even about?

>What is the third one even about?
He uncovers a cuck conspiracy after analyzing footage of chemtrails.

>it's just a coincidence oy!

and here we go!

Trolls was decent though

what do we think lads?

Shit, I was just rifling through an old drive looking for the original version of that from god knows how many years back.

The 2nd one is kino

I went to the theater for this and the level of detail in the animation it's mind blowing.

Nice animation and fight scene at the end, movie is meh otherwise

What similarities do you think it has to Trump, besides your belief that Trump is similar to a baby?

From the very same movie, you imbecile.

should have just cashed in on the Shrek meme

What's your point? I never claimed or in any way implied that American animation does not have instrumental music.

>"Mummy the words in this song are distracting me from the moving pictures!!"

Is this what you're implying? How is having vocals in a song any different than it just being an instrumental?

>"Mummy the words in this song are distracting me from the moving pictures!!"
I never said or implied anything like this.

>How is having vocals in a song any different than it just being an instrumental?
I never said this is about having vocals vs. not having them.

Then what exactly do you mean? Are you saying American animation has too many songs with vocals in them? Because there's plenty of instrumentals as well.

I mean almost all the music in American animation just comes down to the "songs." Actually even the movies themselves often just come down to those.

I'm calling it now

At some point in the next 20 years there will be a revival of 2D animated feature films. You heard it here first

not a dreamworks movie, you mixed this up with rise of the guardians

I can't think of any reason why it would come back in America.

HTTYD is one of the best 3d animated films ever made

2nd one was a disappointment but only because the Deblois wanted the mom to be the villain but Dreamworks told him they couldnt make the mom be responsible for killing the dad so he was forced to come up with a shitty 1 dimensional villain at the last second to fill in the role the mom was originally going to have

I miss Old Testament God.

He didn't fuck around.

Literally ALL of TPoE's songs are GOAT.

kys

I literally didn't say anything about their quality.

Dis nigga knows.

Everybody loves that movie if you show it to them, even atheists.

Best animated movie ever? No.

One of them? Yes.

what are some of the best scenes from Dreamworks animations?

Ah, sorry, it is difficult to detect condescension in a post, but that's what I assumed.

Unfortunately, most children (not just American ones) like music with lyrics that they can sing along with. This isn't inherently bad, but when that's ALL they grow up with because it's safe, you have the modern music industry focusing on garbage lowest common denominator safe money-making songs. My teenage sister is a great representation of this considering whenever I play an instrument-only song she complains it's stupid because there are no words.

It triggers the shit outta me.

American animation revolves so much around musicals because it's the tradition. Vocal music is no less dominant in Japan, but musicals in animation are very rare.

Is this movie about lord Trump?

>Pixar
>Not going for the Lowest Common Denominator
How many Cars movies and spin offs are there now?

Why are Natives always depicted as noble outsiders? Those fuckers are plagued with every social ill.

Dreamworks may be shit, but Megamind is definitely the best capeshit movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=JQJJjcrwXQE

Why do they insist on making girls I want to fuck on their kid's movies?

>another anti-trump movie
literally white genocide

>movie about a baby
>drumpfkins automatically assume it's about drumpf
really makes me think