Can Sup Forums read latin?

>asking a bunch of retards if they can read latin

chinkus getus des fackus autorus

Sort of.
I'm going to start Wheelock's Latin to get a real skill at it.

吾不能而能讀古漢文

WTF 你學中文多久了?

kind of but not really

a bit, used to study it, but I need to brush up

I can usually read latin quotes in churches and such

Domus Dulcis Domus
and
Nulli Secundus
thats it

When you speak Italian it should be easier, although vulgar Latin got contaminated with Gaulish and such.

Funny how Italian names ending in -o usually go back to Latin names ending in -us.

Mario, Marius
Dario, Darius
Gaio, Gaius (as a last name)
etc if you don't take into account the Jewish and Germanic derived names

Haven't studied it.

I still remember the first 10 Latin word I had to learn by heart.

(nom., gen., sex, transl.)
dux, ducis, m., leader
dolor, doloris, m., pain
hostis, hostilis, m., enemy
rex, regis, m., king
etc etc

Siberia is a Chinese colony

I've heard that modern Greece is the nation who studies the ancient Greek the least.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's somewhat easier since I know both italian and romanian and by some kind of magic the words in latin that don't resemble their equivalent in italian do so in romanian ans vice versa
Like in your example Marius is a common name in Romania

Latin is easy as fuck to read

yeah had A LOT of latin classes in middle school and high school
it's pretty rusty but not too bad

I had Latin for 6 years in high school, ancient Greek for 2 years. Thousands of hours gone to utter waste, but given a dictionary and some time I could translate texts accurately.

They should have replaced the classical languages for programming in Java or whatever. Infinitely more useful, teaches algorithmic thinking.

this

Rosa Rosa Rosae Rosae Rosae Rosam
Dominus Dominus Domina etc

I can read it but I was shit at translating it in school
So now, it's probably even worse.

CETERVM AVTEM CENSEO, SINAM ESSE DELENDAM

>They should have replaced the classical languages for programming in Java or whatever. Infinitely more useful, teaches algorithmic thinking.

Are you mad? Classical education is about more than just practical use you barbaric Germanic kike swine how dare you
You learn a way of thinking, and you have an affinity with sciences and whatever European language you want to learn as there are a fuckload of Greek and Latin loanwords in there.

Any 11 year old kid can learn a fucking programming """language""". I bet it is the calvinism of your ancestors that made you like this. Shame on you.

aro pixaaa e faci

not really tbqh
learning latin or ancient greek as no real practical use
maybe if you work in medicine you can better understand the terminology but that's really stretching it

It has infinitely more uses than a fucking programming language.
>muh algoriths
requires primary school math

Classical education is about a cultural baggage. It opens many doors, to the exact sciences, history, philosophy, abstract thought in general, and not to mention it makes you a better lover.

Fuck those "practical" thinkers wanting to be better human robots. Typical germanic mindset, I spit on it.

I can read your mom's pussy lmao

>let us throw away the fundaments of our culture (or what's left of it) so that I can be a better code monkey

that's why you will always be a barbarian, it's like the slave mentality is burned into your soul, if you can even call it that

get a load of this euphoric guy

Don't bother with the plebeians user. That retard is a romanian and probably votes PD too. I bet he is also unironically a faggot.

I chose Ancient Greek instead of Latin, so in the end I had 4 years of Latin and 5 years of Greek.

I wouldn't call it "barbarism" not to study it, but boy am I glad I didn't have to study Java instead.

I think it unironically taught me important language learning skills. With all the languages we Dutch learn at high school, learning others comes pretty naturally.
The use in daily life is limited. I did go on to study medicine, but the Latin and Greek used in medicine is a mess. Basically the only thing you'll gain from it is that you can show off your Latin/Greek skills every now and then, or throw around an "errare humanum est", "pecunia non olet", "ceterum censeo birrum bibendum esse", "sic transit gloria mundi", "kai su teknon", "gnoothi seauton" etc. etc. and elitist doctors who also went to the gymnasium will instantly feel connected to you.

I also had a programming class mind you, but it was so incredibly simple that I could almost hear my brain cells dying of boredom. We would simply copy and paste the code as instructed in the manual and it would work if you're not a dyslectic with ADHD.
We spent half of the time playing Happy Wheels.

not the same guy. Latin is a dead language and has no purpose today unless you're a cucktholic priest. Get your head out of your ass

Perhaps instead of replacing it with learning Java, we could learn Mandarin instead.

My dad is conversational/really good because he went to an elite highschool for wicked smaht kids in Boston and they make you learn it.

it would be a thousand times more useful. Give newer generations a skill that might actually help them work in their future, instead of creating fake intellectuals

Probably also gives you more interesting linguistical skills than classical languages, because the language is so different.
Really forces your mind to master a different way of thought.

三年。今學文言。甚樂也。