MADRID

The best city in the world

Big enough to have everything without being overwhelmed.
Dense enough to not get bored.
Friendly and alive locals.
Great transport, food, and culture
Tons of museums and history
Surrounded by beautiful landscapes, snowy mountains in winter.
Beach in 90 minutes of comfortable high speed train, without the toxic beach culture

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madrid–Levante_high-speed_rail_network
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cañada_Real
bbc.co.uk/programmes/p013rlfw
weatherspark.com/y/36848/Average-Weather-in-Madrid-Spain-Year-Round
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meseta_Norte
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i heard it's full of criminals/shitskins

Barcelona is better

A rich house in Madrid. Living there, enjoying the 4 stations, Spanish culture... it doesn't get better than this.

Only the best of Australia can compare, but of what use is living in a mansion if you wake up with a spider in your shoes?

i heard it's full of muzzies

Not as much as Sweden

You are more smug than the fucking frenchies and that is hard.

Apart from the three museums, there is literally nothing interesting in Madrid

the locals there do seem like arrogant/pretentious twats

>40 degrees
No thanks.
Beautiful city tho. I've been there.

>Beach in 90 minutes of comfortable high speed train
Really? How speedy is that high speed train?

>i heard it's full of criminals/shitskins

Not really. It's the whitest of the big European capitals. Much more white than London or Paris. Most of our immigrants are European or harmless mestizo Ecuadorians.

Some non-violent pickpocketing in the middle of city

>Barcelona is better

In the last month due to separatism, businesses amounting to 35% of the Catalan economy have moved their headquarters from Catalonia (90% of them in BCN) to the rest of Spain, mostly Madrid. Every day since October 1st, 100 businesses are moving out their headquarters from Catalonia to Spain.

The Community of Madrid is richer than Catalonia having 1 million inhabitants less and much lower tourism due to not having coast.

I prefer Madrid: more important and serious people, bigger houses in the outskirts, better nightlife, more open and cheerful people, etc. and a much brighter future.

Yes we are.
t. Madrileño

Alvia reaches 250 km/h, AVE reaches 310 km/h. Train is the comfiest way to move around, but it's expensive if you buy tickets on the spot.

You forgot to mention Madrid is ALWAYS in the 80's because you still have an heroin epidemic.

Also:
>No beach.
>No Sagrada Familia.

Independence of Madrid fucking WHEN?

>greenest city in Europe. Full of gardens
>2 thematic parks easily available through public transport
>Greatest night scene in Europe if you like that
>Great artistic and theatric scene
>Cheap prostitutes
>Connected to the rest of Spain through high-speed trains
>One of the biggest airports in Europe
>6 human heritage sites in less than 1 hour and a half drive
>Greatest soccer and basketball team in Europe
>Thriving culinary scene
Getting bored in Quito 2.0 is a choice

Hehe. The perks with flatlands.
Here in Norway you spend 7 hours from Bergen to Oslo.

>heroin epidemic
Wut? You just made that up

>Really? How speedy is that high speed train?

>350km/h
>Thirty trains run every day, fifteen in each direction. 22 are non-stop services and eight call at intermediate stations.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madrid–Levante_high-speed_rail_network

And you can chill out at the bar meanwhile

Spain is like the second rockiest country in Europe. They just chose blow all the EU development funds in high-speed trains

We are pretty mountainous in the North and near Granada, but yeah Castile is a flat wasteland.

>flat wasteland

I know they have a bit of rocky terrain many places, but they also have a lot of flatlands, and the rocky terrain is not so dominating that they can't stretch a railsystem with only flatlands and never need a single tunnel.

Investing in high-speed trains had a lot of sense because our entire railway infrastructure was from mid XIX, had huge delays that made it almost unusable, and we needed to redo the entire network from scratch, so spending a bit more of money and doing it high-speed was an opportunity that we couldn't afford to lose. Travel time was reduced significantly not so much because of high-speed but because of having the opportunity to get rid of the horrible network we had.

Same thing happens with China. They had to build an entirely new infrastructure from scratch so doing high-speed has sense. Countries with a good existing infrastructure (France, Germany, UK) don't need high speed so much.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cañada_Real

bbc.co.uk/programmes/p013rlfw

Every police in southern europe is corrupt but one of the highest corrupt police is the one of Madrid.

>Cancerloneses
LMAO

It really is a great city.
If you want to live in a big city without a cold weather, civilization and low crime there are only some Australian cities that could compete with Madrid. Maybe Austin, Texas, but having half the populaton.

But you take into account the bugs, the isolation, the lack of important people and how spread out things are... and Madrid wins.

Madrid was an hard and ugly city, though. It started to grow in the 50s and there are a ton of ugly commieblocks, it was choked by cars... not the livable kind of city. That's changing very fast.

For example, the Plaza de España is going to be renewed next year (in picture). It will be walkable, green, creating a big tunnel for cars and opening a green space connecting to the rio. The Gran Via (Broadway) will have its sideways expanded too... It's getting really good.

It seems you have never been to Asturias/Cantabria/Basque Country

Hey Manuela, are you going to relax on the traffic tickets or are you going to leave the matter to (((Inés Sabanés))) as usual?

Every city in Europe is whiter than París. París is a city-state in itself. It should be closed to everyone and nuked to death

Spain his rigid economy compared to Australia though, and it won't matter how great the city is its residents can't make money.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cañada_Real

It's just a market for drugs, and the police prefer to have them there and spread out in the city.

>Every police in southern europe is corrupt but one of the highest corrupt police is the one of Madrid.
Fake.

The new Felipe VI park is 2.5x times as big as Central Park.

Even Saudi can do more greenery in their parks m8. That's a desert.

So a gypsie santy town is a heroin epidemic to you?

Dude, I love Iberian women, but I don't know your language so wsup

They are growing trees. Also mediterranean forests look like that

>to have them there and spread out in the city.

So living right next to a shanty town populated of +40.000 junkies and drug dealers is part and parcel of the capital of Spain.

-Sadiq Khan Garcia

Does anyone else unironically not consider spaniards and Portuguese to be white? I did various research online and it turns out the average Iberian has 1-10% North African blood. I also find it funny how people who consider Iberians to be white consider guys like bardem and David villa to be white. But a guy like Oscar Isaac who looks exactly the same as these "white" spaniards isn't regarded white, he's considered Latino. It makes no tucking sense, even though they look the same and mostly have the same genotype. If Latinos like Oscar isaac aren't considered white then neither should Iberians when they look exactly the same

>Completely forgot about the leading character of the greatest sci fi saga Spy Kids.

Madrid's economy is pretty dynamic. 125% EU area,high investment in research and a expanding service sector.

>pure spaniard
>looks like your average southern American mutt

Why are alpine Austrians loaded? Is it the ski?

nah, it's full of mediterraneans with weird habits like drinking 0.01 cl coffee for breakfast, sleeping during the day, going to church, and only drinking a certain kind of booze with a certain kind of food.

> yet another Americanised Briton
You know that "Latinos" is an American term to classify people whose mother language is Spanish, right? And that a Latino can be white, Amerindian, black and so on?

tl;dr ignore American racial pseudoscience

Mountain jewery. Also being the skii resort of Europe helps

Madrid's zoo

>best live theaters in spain
>lots of architectural beauties and nice statues
>some of the best art museums in the world

>So living right next to a shanty town populated of +40.000 junkies and drug dealers is part and parcel of the capital of Spain.

Not all of them are junkies. Just gypsies and Moroccans.
BTW, the Cañada Real is being demolished bit by bit, and some them have big houses with pools and shit. All the parties in Madrid agreed on destroying the bad parts of the Cañada Real and legalizing the safe areas.

Are you Catalan by the way? You sound too butthurt about Madrid, and it can only be because of the capital stealing 35% of Catalonia's GDP in less than a month.

Big openings 2018-2019:
-Prado Museum new building extension.
-Royal Collections Museum.
-Principe Pio old station becomes a new live theater.

I'm excited about the new royal Collections museum. That white box thingy will be as big as the Prado and will have royal stuff from kings of Spain more than 1400 years ago.

if spain is so great why has spain had such a large diaspora and still do

>why has spain had such a large diaspora and still do

If you want to see what every tourists sees, go to cataonya and the east coast of spain in general
If you want to see actual historical shit, the places where you will find the most is Madrid and Andalucia.
Catalonya and Basque Country are only good if you're into modern art like Dalí
>muh Sagrada Familia

Those gypsies und moroccans will receive free housing, payed with your money. Thats why it would be better if they continued living in shit

Heres some OC if you are interested in pre-medieval times ruins
Medieval ruins are all over spain really. If a spanish city wasnt funded in ancient times chances are it was probably funded in medieval times.

i heard the we wuzzery is pretty extreme in spain, do you sometimes visit these ruins wearing caveman clothes and dance around holding a club like your ancestors did

>we wuzzery is pretty extreme in Spain
not at all
there are some football teams called "celtic" or "numancia" but it doesnt get much further than that, its more of a geographical thing than a we wuz thing

Por qué los trenes no tienen wifi y a veces ni cobertura?

¿Por qué vives en suecia?
¿Eres feminista?

>3DPD
>posting 2D

Mate I hate chinks, arabs, Andalusians and mixed race South Americans, but otherwise the city is awesome. New Blood Purity Trials when?

Porque me gusta Suecia

Biggest and worst diasporas are Greeks and Portuguese, both are super mongrelized, obnoxious and ugly, it’s two groups you wouldn’t ever care about, if they go extinct. Hope there will be a biovirus to deal with those two

que te gusta de suecia

i don't see the pleasure of living in such a warm climate as spain if there's no beach near

>warm
Madrid is pretty temperate until summer.

Que hay wifi en los trenes

Too bad the climate is shit

>talking spanish in an english speaking international thread
why don't spanish ppl have manners

how can spaniards handle the heat they are white people

(Tú)

Do you live in the desert? We're almost in November

Sun

Temperatures should never be above 20 degrees. I prefer 15.

26 is perfect temperature. Madrid is usually colder than that either way but 26 is literal perfection m8

weatherspark.com/y/36848/Average-Weather-in-Madrid-Spain-Year-Round

The perfect temperature is 23 with a mild breeze

Madrid has really low humidity so 26 is pretty great

sry but that shitty comment is not entertaining to me, fuck off you disgusting white girl

When it's 23 here I can't go outside because it's way too warm. I stay inside in my shorts at that point. No, 20 is max for me. 15 is perfect. 17 if it's very windy and cloudy. Clear sky means 15 is max temperature, I can't stand more than 15 when the sun is shining. It means the real temperature in the sun is way too warm.

Don't forget the greatest Madridian family

>When it's 23 here I can't go outside because it's way too warm

Well, I don't want to is more precise. Unless it is to swim in the fjord.

Meseta septentrional
its high but its flat
boring as fuck to drive there, probably reminds you of home
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meseta_Norte
the places with the most mountains are northern spain and south-east (Sistema bético in andalucia)

Madrid is become a hipster bastion isn't it?

It's too bad Madrid is Antarctica in the winter and Hell in the summer.

Is Vallecas a good place?

Vallecas is known for its working-class inhabitants who are very proud of their district and have given it the local names Vallekas or Valle del Kas. Many initiatives that take place in the district show this countercultural attitude by replacing the letter c with k, examples of this are the local radio station Radio Vallekas, the local television channel Tele K, the music festival Vallekas Rock, etc.

The local pride coalesces around the Rayo Vallecano football team.

During the 1960s, many Spanish immigrants to the Madrid conurbation settled in Vallecas, forming the largest slum area around Madrid.

>enjoying the 4 stations

Improve your Englich, Paco.

how racist is Madrid towards brown males?

latino is for people from latam not you

>Is the Bronx a nice place

It is not racism. Peruvians are just ugly and smelly

You are not latin you are a brown midget

Eat shit. They have the best meme about their men. Steve Michael Harriston.

How much does it cost for the train?

Depends on promotions. From 25-45. Cercanias cost like 2-5 euros though

Aúpa Rayo

t. lifelong fan

kill yourselves you are the cancer of humanity 1941 best day of my life

ayy