Hey Sup Forums it's my first time visiting after 6 years being on this shithole

Hey Sup Forums it's my first time visiting after 6 years being on this shithole.

So I've recently got really, really into football and I've started watching as many games as I can, reading all the transfer news/rumours, learning the history, watching old games etc. I've followed football at a national level all my life like pretty much everyone does, but I never cared about it beyond the world cup.

So now I'm trying to figure out who to support. I didn't exactly grow up as a big fan of a team, although my mum and uncles are all very big Liverpool fans so their support sorta rubbed off on me. They have no connection to Liverpool though, my uncles live in America and my mum has always lived in London. They support Liverpool because they were the best team or some shit when they were growing up.

Anyway, I was born in Chelsea and they're still my local club, but I don't really feel much of a connection to them. On the other hand I enjoy watching Liverpool and Tottenham, but have no connection. On that basis I also really enjoy watching Barcelona, and I love the idea of the fans owning the club as opposed to how it works over here. I'm also not memeing when I say this, but I really like the Barcelona kit - the Liverpool kit looks like shit imo.

shameless bump

What do Sup Forums?

now is a good time to jump on the liverpool wagon
they are playing the second best football in england right now and are the champions league dark horse
they will win trophies eventually
plus spee hates them so you get all the (you)s

support chelsea you pathetic scumbag. or fulham if they're closer

shouldn't even have to answer that question you plastic prick, fuck off

who is that whore

fulham la'

Liverpool kit is hideous though

t. faggot

why is everyone shilling fulham

No idea user, sorry

because anyone that has two premiership and championship clubs on their doorstep and decides to support fucking liverpool or anyone esle is a scumbag

Holy shit I know this restaurant

It's the Cuban restaurant in south beach, "Puerto Sagua"

Yeah but my family has literally been supporting them for over 50 years. That's got to mean something

holy shit no one gives a fuck

r8 the restaurant

it means fuck all. its just an excuse. you wouldnt consider supporting them if your family team was hartlepool

and football isnt a tv show. its something you go ot watch in person on a saturday. ergo go watch fulham, chelsea or brentford

the question you should ask yourself is why do you feel the need to be a fan of a club?

I enjoy football and follow la liga, premier league, and bundes, and I dont have a favorite team I just like watching it for the banter and I mostly appreciate individual players instead of teams
you dont need a team to be a football fan, just be a fan of the sport itseld.

football doesnt get funner if you support one team, in fact it probably gets more boring since youre only interested in that team and dont watch other games.

tldr; just be urseld bro

If you're from Chelsea you'd support Chelsea - or maybe Fulham? Don't be a faggot (like me) and bandwagon a team you have no connection to.

whats your home board la

Looks like a mafia hangout. People in background could be feds or assassins.

honestly no one cares who or why you support anyone except seething autists on the internet, you're not going to look weird being a liverpool fan in a liverpool family. they're exciting now and you might as well not watch sports if you can't actually get behind an exciting team

>caring about kit color
are you a woman, who gives a shit.
On topic, you should support your local team even if they suck. Or you can be like me and 50% of Sup Forums, just bangwagoning on the best team right now. vamos vamos barcelona manshitty

I like this philosophy. Besides, in this day and age, pretty much every player is foreign, the owners are foreign, the sponsors are foreign, the managers are foreign. The only thing not foreign is the club name, so I don't see why it's important to support the club closest to where you're from. Just support the club you like watching.

Yeah I probably would. I've grown up "supporting" Liverpool despite them failing to achieve anything in the past decade, and yet I still feel the strongest connection to them.

ngl the kit is a big factor for me. The barca kit is beautiful, the Liverpool kit just exudes unemployment benefits and incest.

/biz/ although it's pretty shitty now so I frequent lots of different boards

You don't choose a team lad, that's fucking plastic. It sounds like you're a Liverpool fan because that's what your family connection is and that's your footballing upbringing. But that's not something you're decide, you either are or you aren't.

Soccer*

Stick that bottle in Her nose

sounds like you should start posting pictures of girls with penises

HAAA I know this girl

arsenal lad, it's the only team you should support if ur on Sup Forums

>It's a what team should I support thread
kys

Really? ask her if she will be my gf pls

>tfw gf has a better and stronger jawline than me