True Detective season 3 revived

VINCE AND RUSTPOSTING BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wWUC2-ypnDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WrXpD4AtWaY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Milch#Personal_life
youtube.com/watch?v=40JmEj0_aVM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FROM

Why bother? You already threw the franchise under the bus with season 2.

I wish this reddit meme would die.

>calling you reddit will detract attention away from the fact that liking season 2 means i'm reddit
Nice try.

Milch joining has me a bit optimistic, but after s2 not by much.

Season 2 had its moments but next to season 1 it was dogshit

>TD with Milch doing the writing
sign me the fuck up

2nd season wasn't nearly as bad as some people say. It was not dead.

>________ wasn't nearly as bad as some people say.
You can honestly say that about any shitty thing. Doesn't mean it's not shit.

Until we have the actors and the number of leads I don't really care. I could tell TD S2 was gonna be shit when the promos pushed it past just Farrell and Vaughn and hinted that Vaughn wasn't even one of the detectives.

The characters and there arcs were all great though. Sure the plot meandered a bit for like 4 solid episodes, but if people can like that shitshow Lost that did that for 4 fucking seasons, than I can like S2.

>there
>than
This is the type of retard who likes S2.

Fight me in real life, bish!

>people like Lost
>that means I can like TD s2

Nobody's saying you can't like it but Lost was shit and so was the second season of True Detective

Just get Fukushima to direct and not rush the writing in under a year.

>vinceposting
That's not even a thing

season 2>season 1
>inb4 redditors cry about muh supernatural plot
laffin

>Milch
>Pizza
>TD s3

all we need is a good director and some good actors and Sup Forums is saved

IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN
POST YOUR DREAM CAST/SETTING

>William Hurt
>Willem Dafoe
>Ryan Phillipe
>A L A S K A

1930s London
Kelsey Grammer & Sean Bean

Are those two cringy ladies from season 2 going to make return as Muh stronk womyns

why even bother

treu detective is the fedorest series right now

I like your style

>Edward Furlong
>Brendan Fraser
>Jonah Hill
>WISCONSIN
>soundtrack - any song by Tom Waits about booze
I'm not even kidding.

If that's what you took from those characters you're pretty damn stupid, man.

I just got a little hard.

>POST YOUR DREAM CAST/SETTING

stephen mchattie
donal logue
jerome flynn
clemence poesy
angourie rice

early-to-mid 1990s belfast

>1930s
Boring.

>Clemence Poesy
Nice try

nah mate. Its got the great depression and looming anxiety of the nazi party in the background

Season 2 is still better than anything Netflix has ever produced. The bar was just too high

This.

It was a mess. They wasted their chance, they wasted all effort actors were putting in, they wasted all spooky shit for some noir.

1980s in some Rust Belt shithole, whole town dependent on a single factory that is doing pretty poorly, drugs and AIDS and Reagan fucking their shit up, Jim Carrey as the good natured but jaded inside old timer senior detective (think sad smile and self deprecating humor) and Olivia Wilde as the rookie and idealistic junior detective.

They investigate a serial rapist and killer, local police is set on blaming some nigger junkie but Wilde is sure he's innocent. As the season goes on, Wilde loses her innocence and Carrey regains his hope for humanity and America.

Intro: youtube.com/watch?v=wWUC2-ypnDQ
While showing an industrial hellhole, unemployment lines, drug addicts dancing happily, gang wars, etc. You know the drill, juxtaposition

Post yours

>Peter Saarsgard
>Romain Duris

>Basque Country

Even tho Season 2 was nearly not as good as Season 1 (it was objectively not as bad as people make it out to be tho) it didn't throw the franchise under the bus.

Everyone's fuckin hoping for another kino season like season 1 so everyone's gonna give season 3 a go anyways.

I really want a Tom Waits song to be the intro for S3 but I'm not even sure which one.

Fuck, I really dig on this. Dealing with the fact that the U.S. no longer employs many factory jobs, something we're dealing with now. I don't agree with Jim Carrey. Tommy Lee Jones.

>Timothy Olyphant
>Shane McGowan
>Molly Parker
>Brad Dourif

>1970s South Dakota

>Jon Hamm
>Bradley Cooper
>Detroit

>James McCaffrey
>Ray Liotta
>Jon Hamm
>80s NYC
>youtube.com/watch?v=WrXpD4AtWaY

>Tommy Lee Jones.
Not seeing it. I was thinking more of a "I used to be a happy, funny guy but now I've see too much fucked up shit" kind of character, Lee Jones works better as a 100% serious one. My idea is that by the end of the season, Wilde's character has become a little bit like Carrey's at the beginning while Carrey is facing retirement with a regained sense of hope and optimism

Shit man write to HBO.

>Tommy Lee Jones
>Characters that switch world views

Literally zero fuckin originality.

>think sad smile and self deprecating humor
Its Jim Carrey, that's a bit redundant

Good shit

It's not about the cliche, it's about how it relates to our world. A film/show about America's diminishing place as a prime manufacturer has been a long time coming.

The actual article says none of the shit in the headline, just that Nicky Pizza has written a few potential episodes.

main detectives:
>casey affleck
>walton goggins

director:bin al flecki

Hi, Fukunaga.

Second season is an excellent pleb filter. Anytime I hear it's shit I know it's retard talk.

Exactly, I can see him pulling off both the desperate, depressive detective in episode 1 and the guy going fishing with his buddies in episode 12

I was specifically talking about the quoted aspects of the posts tho.

Tommy Lee Jones is too obvious as a grumpy/rough detective.

The characters switching worldviews is literally Cohle & Hart.

Same settings as S1.

Laure Dern and Casey Affleck as the police & detective or det & det pairing.

It is happening, again.

Later Rust and Marty are introduced. Marty is retired. Rust is in a shack at swamp studying the image he saw at the end of S1.

>>Characters that switch world views
Same guy, I was thinking more like showing both dectectives as a single character with a single arc going on the same stages on the same cycle. As Olivia Wilde enters the "fuck this shit" phase of her career, Carrey is leaving it.

Also Carrey doesn't drink in this pitch, fuck that alcoholic cop cliche.

>The characters switching worldviews is literally Cohle & Hart.

Right, but again, it's not about the cliche. Rust and Marty don't really switch worldviews, either. He learns more about himself, (my true failure was inattention), but he doesn't turn into Rust. Marty's not even very religious, so when Rust talks about feeling his daughter's love that's not something he took from Marty.

Season 2 replaced philosophical pessimistic nihilism with "dude woah there's trippy tiny chick in a bowl". Go back to the deeper roots of season one. Don't do arbitrary weird shit like in season two.

idgi

booooooooooooooooooooo

FROM

it was fucking terrible, stop pretending it was good. it was overwritten unstructured pretentious aimless trash

This. I've watched season 2 so many times. Season 1 4 or 5 times. Can't get enough of it, cracks and all

How was it pretentious?
Season 2 was also pessimistic and nihilistic, it just wasn't in our faces as much.
>We get the world we deserve

I mean jesus most of the primary characters die, and the people in charge don't get punished like S1.

>How was it pretentious?

Frank Semyon's entire character

but will fukunigga come back?

It's gonna be hard as fuck tho to come up with a new storyline and setting that manages to be on par with season 1, because season 1 literally blew the whole load in your face.

>Insanely properly cast detective duo
>Insanely properly written dialogues
>Literally the best setting ever since everyone can imagine shit like that actually going on there.
>A bit of ritualistic shit thrown in
>Paedo ring
>The "we know powerful people are keeping things quiet shit"

You can't use anything of that anymore without recycling season 1. You literally have almost nothing left to work with.

An option would be a more se7en like individual serial killer with properly thought out murder motives, preferably ones that we could kind of relate with. In a depressed as fuckin urban setting.

What do you think he represents? Tell me what you think his arc is.

Gosling and Benicio Del Toro in some Spanish shithole. Themes lifted from Borges instead of Ligotti.

The only thing that didn't sit well with me was the continuous shot in the earlier episode where Frank describes the rat monologue or something. I loved everything else about him

>What do you think he represents? Tell me what you think his arc is.

he represents pizza's failed attempts to write a worthwhile character

milch better get back on coke for this one

my dream cast used to be david bowie and gary oldman

It really isnt that bad

Alright so you don't have an argument or care to discuss anything cool.

>David Milch joins team

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Milch#Personal_life

>Milch is Jewish.[18]

It's over before it's even begun.

>good goy, Pizza, put some more perverted child rape in your season, heh heh heh!!!

>How was it pretentious.
It isn't accident that Vinceposting is a fucking meme you dip.

Besides it had so much filler despite trying to be a narrative story. It was suffering from overwrought writing that served no purpose and in the end at least 2 out of 4 main characters literally did not do anything, they could be removed from the story and none would notice.

Besides it ripped off Elroy cheaply

>Luck

DROPPED

arguing with a guy who thinks Season 2 is anything other than a miserable failure is a waste of anyone's time

Except Marty and Cohle which are two of the best written characters in any media in the last few years.

And I'll say it again, when you compared Season 2 with that Daredevil or Stranger Things or Legion or whatever piece of shit you've been memed to watch these days, it still comes out as KINO

HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHHAHAHHAA HHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAH AHAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHHAAHHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAH

HAHAhAhahahhahaha hhahahahahhahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

AHAHHAHAH

Season 2 is like Dark Souls 2. People shit on it just because it wasn't better that original but it's still good on it's own.

>when you compared Season 2 with that Daredevil or Stranger Things or Legion or whatever piece of shit you've been memed to watch these days, it still comes out as KINO

anything looks good compared to these atrocities, that doesn't make S2 good. it was an abominable failure

Vinceposting is derived from wonky dialogue. There's nothing pretentious about it. It's just wonky. And if that's the worst criticism anyone has for TD S2, then it was a pretty fucking good show.
>Besides it had so much filler despite trying to be a narrative story
What filler?
>and in the end at least 2 out of 4 main characters literally did not do anything
/gaycop/ I can agree with. He was mishandled.

Cool.

Dark Souls 3 was really good though, it has nothing to do with the first one, it's just that DS2 sucks giant donkey balls

HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHHAHAHHAA HHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAH AHAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHHAAHHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAH

HAHAhAhahahhahaha hhahahahahhahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

AHAHHAHAHahahahhahaha

Since Miltch is the guy behind Justified, he should get Tim Olyphant as a co-star.

Actually, Tim and Michael Shannon would be hilarious as the TD cop partner dou shtick if they were constantly acting angry with their eyes bugging out.

>Zoe Quinn
>Anita Sarkeesian
>Brianna Wu
San Francisco (the bad guys are cis white males)

>We dug coal together
>We did

;_;

>

>Vietnam war setting
>somebody is ritually killing soldiers
>Leads are Kevin Heffernan and Andrew Garfield

It's sad how Vince posting was too smart to become a proper meme. I guess only the most retarded shit the lowest common denominator can repeat endlessly can ever become a meme.

Include me in the screencap

Season 2 was shit, best bit was the faggot getting shot

Oh and I forgot the soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=40JmEj0_aVM

>go to reddit
>see a thread
>they discuss their wishes for season 3
>"Gyllenhaal and Franco are estranged stepbrothers in 1980's New York. Cops in different precincts. Marilyn Manson is a street gang leader/former NASA scientist who makes mind altering drugs and has labs in the sewers. His chief henchman is a mentally disturbed Michael Shannon."

Could this premise be any more reddit?

Why did you go to reddit and bring it here you fucking underaged brat.

Gaycop getting shot was pretty disheartening to be honest. Trying to be a good man and husband, sticking it out for Velcoro and Antigone.