Why do I feel like they are gonna fuck it up!

youtu.be/BMC6GnzUCDs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7YLb_Iqw4qk
youtube.com/watch?v=WB-ik-Bpl0c
youtube.com/watch?v=swmWZGgt4vk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It is a terrible movie based on a terrible anime and their lead actress has more spare tires than the Michelin man. Besides they already made this film two times before, Aeon Flux and Ultraviolet. Both failed at the box office.

because the trailer is terrible?

Stick to your capeshit bucko. This trailer looks 10 times better than any mcu or dc movies.

Way to not even set a bar.

>tagline is "everything they told me was a lie"

they took kino and turned it into pandering schlock. the plotline will probably be simplistic and revolve around "omg, computers are evil??" shit.

>shit is better than shit
This film is going to be shit but half of Sup Forums will watch it.

They took the poignant atmosphere and visual storytelling of the Oshii movies and turned it into LOOK AT THESE COLORFUL HOLOGRAMS WAVING AT YOU

It feels too clean somehow, the city doesn't look dirty

>It feels too clean somehow, the city doesn't look dirty
That's what the director wanted though. He said in an interview that this is a bright and colorful future where people love technology and it isn't your typical apocalyptic dark city.

Also, instead of 2030 movie has been changed to be 2070. That's actually better and more realistic.

Then why does that apartment block look pretty grungy?

>Then why does that apartment block look pretty grungy?
Because that's the bad side of the city just like in my local place there's the clean side and then where poor people live

But that's not keeping with his supposed vision. Besides the grungy part is still too clean.

>japanese people - even the creator of the manga - comment positively on the movie's look, casting etc. and understand that the movie isn't about race and it doesn't matter how the major looks
>happy that an originally japanese story will find a wide audience
>American and European justice police shits on it whenever possible without having seen it

can't make this shit up

If it isn't about race then why did Jewish Hollywood cast the lead with a Jewess unfit for the role?

>female action star #1
>unfit for the role

the movie itself isn't about race, the casting obviously is, because white actors mean more $$$

>with a Jewess unfit for the role?

Because they need someone marketable in the lead, it's basic fucking business

Fucking retard who doesn't understand the industry, OF COURSE they will speak positively of it as it's success means they also fare well financially. They didn't sell the rights for this to be made on the grounds of integrity and anyway the race shit isn't even a factor for me it's the typical america dumbs everything down to an action flick thing.

Except she isn't that marketable. What was the last movie she has carried? She has never done this before.
Jews aren't white, kid.

>comment positively on the movie's look
lel implying masamune shirou isn't just happy to get more money. Fucking kinokuniya is running a campaign where you get free tickets by buying GitS manga.

Also, constant reminder that shirow's pretty much going full not giving a fuck ever since he lost his lifework to the wreckage. He's stopped bothering with doing any of his sci-fi stuff, just drawing oily horsecocks.

It seems to be more of a " I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR" vehicle. The action and futuristic sci-fi is just there to distract you from that.

Not just that, the Japanese (and asians in general) are notorious for being 'polite'. They never say no outright. No shit, they'll say it's good.

>this is major

>What was the last movie she has carried? She has never done this before.

Are you dumb? Scarlett Johansson is statistically proven to be the most grossing female actress and she is probably the only female hollywood star right now who can carry a movie like that on her own like Lucy already showed. Without her in the lead the movie would bomb.

She does decent to fine as long as she's not in an action role.

Welp I guess it will bomb then.

It won't though. For one thing, you know it'll be a hit in China. For another, the typical audience doesn't care, they just want an action movie with flashy CGs. For another, I've seen quite a fair number of weebs who claim to be looking forward to it. Some Sup Forumsnons claim it's just shills, but hey let's face it, if the typical movie goer cares, Bayformers wouldn't have been this big even when you exclude china.

Lastly, a lot of people did like her in Avengers, so clearly people like me who thinks she's not suited for action roles are the minority.

I actually had a bit of faith in the movie up until now. But I just saw an ad on tv for it. You know what the tagline said?

>"Scarlett Johansson is THE GHOST"

>dubstep music

yea, it's shit

This isn't the first time a movie like this has been pushed. Aeon Flux and Ultraviolet seem pretty similar and both failed.

The difference is, those were pushed at a time when international markets still don't matter.

That line came out long ago and concern has long been confirmed

Even if it does well enough in foreign markets to compensate for the loss in the domestic market Hollywood doesn't make films for the foreign markets. They are an afterthought and there is no clout in being big in China. If ScarJo wants to keep getting roles in Hollywood she needs to be big here, not there.

why does batou look so fucking shit

The difference is that Ghost in the Shell has a much bigger marketing machine behind it than these two had and that it also appeals to people, who are into more sophisticated movies, because of the original.

This was one of the first they released.

I have been wondering why the above is just better than the below.

Why must they make a glowing bed? What would they lose if it's just a safe dark silhouette

Why must the bed glow...

>Hollywood doesn't make films for the foreign markets
Dude, hollywood's been sucking up china hard and they'll be getting more and more into that shit. It's like it's now mandatory for the big or prominent action films to contain at least one scene shot in china involving chinese people for plot stuff. They are more than just an afterthought these days. It's not just about whether scarjo herself want to work in china or not, it's that the higher ups are trying hard to court china.

I have been thinking if Aeon Flux and Ultraviolet will look miles better than this

Releases in a few days and no reviews out? Pretty much confirmed shit?

Why would Chinese people help destroying a Japanese masterpiece
Aren't they supposed to be more familiar with anime than Hollywood ?

The higher ups might be trying to sucker China into watching their flicks, but when it comes to your next project what they thought of you in China won't matter as much as what the Hollywood community thinks which is heavily influenced by the domestic rather than a bunch of cat and dog eaters. Plus China hates Japan so much. You can put as much window dressing as you like to make it seem Gaijin but they'll still know it is Nip.

I can't think of any reason for chinks and nips to have any animosity.

bokeh doesn't fit

SHit like this is exactly why it will suck. Hollywood always makes dumb changes for no reason, in live action that shot would've been amazing, but the director has a """"""""""""vision""""""""""""

maybe there will one day be a studio that specializes in remakes, I mean they're popular enough but always fail because of normies trying to adapt the material

How much did they even discuss the Majors backstory in the 1995 movie? Mos tof the movie was about AIs and Section 6 and 9 fucking with each other

>changing the lighting in one shot is the reason it will suck

and how is Ghost in the Shell not for normies? the original was a huge success financially

Well you solved the mystery, I was trying to figure out what was wrong with the visuals of this movie until you posted that picture, there's no hard, hard anime lighting. It's all soft and smooth looking.

>Plus China hates Japan so much
The older gen does. The younger gen doesn't give much shit. Hell, anime is fucking big there that Japan themselves are putting more into advertising in the chinese market than they are with the US. It's not about window-dressing, it's the fact that there's a divide when it comes to politics and entertainment. Another example: China and Taiwan hates each other politically, but the chinese people happily consumes taiwanese media and taiwanese celebrities regularly turn up in chinese media as well.

> China won't matter as much as what the Hollywood community thinks which is heavily influenced by the domestic
Yes, but it sure are hell isn't an afterthought. Point is, using Ultraviolet and Aen Flux, as is the original start of this conversation, is no longer a valid comparison, because foreign markets actually matter now. Just because domestic is still the main priority doesn't mean it's an afterthought, it still matter and can make quite a fair amount of difference. Again, the fact that stuff like Bayformers to Arrival took the effort to include them shows that the chinese market matter enough that calling it an afterthought is an understatement.

>China hates Japan
It depends

i'm not saying the material isnt for normies, i'm saying the people working on it are normies, i mean it's the fucking director of snow white and the huntsman, and the lead writers only completed credit is "street kings" from 2008

and don't try to imply that i'm saying screwing up one shot, or just the lighting throughout the movie is why it will suck. you know i'm saying that it will be riddled with "Artistic liberties" such as that shot, and thats why it will suck.

it wont be "ghost in the shell" it will be "ghost in the shell watered down for normies"

already looks better than the original

there was nothing poignant about the atmosphere, take off your weebgoggles

Ok, then I misunderstood what you were trying to say. I agree with that. Of course a big hollywood blockbuster will not give the philosophical aspects of the original that much space, but I think it still has potential to be a decent movie. I kind of like the risk the studio took with turning a quite challenging manga/anime that most people probably never heard of (compared to things like Naruto or One Piece) into a big blockbuster.

With the director and writer I agree. Someone established like David Cronenberg could have turned it into something unique, but I guess most big directors aren't interested in that anymore.

I don't get it.
It's clear that they want to cram as many of the "iconic" shots in there, but judging by the trailer they fucked every single one of them up.

I just saw it tonight and it fucking sucked. Scarjo looks like she has aged poorly she had a fucking pot belly like jesus at least try and look the part. THe acting was awful they pulled key parts of the plot and the other characters seemed underpaid.

That said the visuals were nice

But she's not a good actress.
She can play a single role somewhat well, but fails whenever she's forced to not look confused.

They picked a guy with a wide face, rather than a bulky long face.

Didn't she just have a kid before filming began? Either way it wasn't a good idea.

I feel like people who say she's not a good actress have never seen any of the movies that made her so famous in the first place. She was phenomenal in The Girl with the Pearl Earring. Also very good in Match Point, Lost in Translation and The Other Boleyn Girl. Under The Skin was also very untypical for her. So I don't know where this hate is coming from. It's not like she's just in trash like Sandra Bullock or Ryan Reynolds.

This

The people charge of the visuals have no idea how to make something look good, even when they're just copying.

do you people understand that there's a difference between an animated movie and one with real people filmed in the real world?

Not sure but you could definitely see a belly it was just like right there. I saw it at an IMAX theatre so not only could you see it but I could gauge its depth and volume as well. There was definitely enough space to fit a featus perhaps even some other goods as well.

I don't know if it was scarjo or just the shitty director but the actors just seemed so uninspired like they knew it was gonna flop

eehhhhhhhhhhhhh

>Try to make visuals for GiTS
>Just throw a bunch of CGI shit all over the screen

It's laughable at this point. The colors don't even mesh well. Some of the holograms look like stock photos with contrast cranked up.

The live-action version would be even shittier with Oshii directing it.

>just drawing oily horsecocks
sounds more interesting than this GITS movie desu

What wreckage? Redpill me.

What really confuses me is, if they wanted this sort of imagery why didn't they adapt Psycho Pass?

I don't really buy this. It's been shown time and time again that the era when actors could carry a movie is long gone. Look at the new Malick.

How so? He's directed live action before. Avalon was even made in a foreign country (Poland).

youtube.com/watch?v=7YLb_Iqw4qk

I know. He has the biggest hardon for CGI.

Except that Ridley Scott already nailed that shit in Bladerunner ages ago. Even Dark City managed to get some of that atmosphere. Nah, the gits live action just has that same look as other contemporary sci-fi movies where they try to tune up all the bright holograms etc.

>pg13

Not much at all. The TV series in the second season dives deep, which is where Kuze comes in.

The new Arise also has a backstory where her brain was put into a prosthetic body before she was even born. So the 'lie' narrative has also been adapted from the anime.

So altogether the live action's story is meant to be a crowd pleaser drawing from all the anime. I gotta give the director credit for that atleast.

dropped.

Atlast, I truly have become the Ghost in Shell.

His house got destroyed in the earthquake, great hanshin/kobe one, iirc. He lost pretty much everything; the materials, sketches, research etc for his stuff, all gone. There was originally supposed to be more Appleseed, but it appears that's either gone as well or he lost motivation or both. Either way, he's just not the same anymore after that. Fans think the loss really broke him because after that he's pretty much just doing hentai instead of elaborate sci-fi with lewd art.

Fucking walked out of the theater right there

I hack.

>mediocre CGI everywhere
>cringe meme marketing
>Puppet Master isn't a sentient AI but Kuze the antagonist from SAC season 2
>ignore the core theme of GiTS and make instead a generic Bourne's Identity plot
>from early review the character act surprised when confronted to technology of their time.
no shit Sherlock

Is there a review embargo on this shit? No press screenings? It's pretty much guaranteed to suck.

How can you compare a Malick movie to something like Ghost in the Shell? It's a completely different beast. And Malick's problem is that he's now shitting out movies like Woody Allen. They all feel the same, they all look the same, they have nothing new to say. Shoving a bunch of big names in them won't change that. Whereas GitS's marketing is entirely built around Scarlett Johansson's star power and the movie's look.

I have read some early review in France

His example may be bad, but his point isn't entirely wrong though. I mean, they thought and did the same with Passengers and that didn't help much either.

>that fucking disgusting Steve Aoki remix of Kenji Kawai

REEEEEEE

Will GitS 2017 have a scene as powerful as Ghost City from the original?

youtube.com/watch?v=WB-ik-Bpl0c

In 2017 hollywood?

hahahahahAHAHAHAHAHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

Not dense enough

>nothing poignant about the atmosphere
>nothing poignant
>atmosphere
Sure champ, sure.
youtube.com/watch?v=swmWZGgt4vk

because they casted a white woman in place of an asian one

I can already tell it's bad just by subtle decisions made in the art direction.

Because I'm the absolute authority in aesthetics for our time.

>that soundtrack
>that sepia tone
>the part where doggo never exsisted
She would have been the perfect Major a decade ago.

>throwing anything relatively asian to make it look 'exotic'

how does her head go invisible without her suit covering it?

You know that's a really good question

The suit projects a field that conforms to her body.