If not for 10/10 perfect performance by McAvoy this would be insufferable

If not for 10/10 perfect performance by McAvoy this would be insufferable.
What are you thoughts about the tweest? Imo it was a little forced but makes sense and I'd like to see the third part in the trilogy.
Unbreakable was cape kino, Split sets up a villain (inb4 he teams up with Samuel L Jackson, and the next movie (inb4 title is Broken) could be capekino

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GCOi_KWWQOk
youtu.be/yWgDbZ8_tXE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If his acting was perfect, then his direction must've been terrible. Every "personality" was so cliched.

I hated nearly everything about this film after really enjoying unbreakable.

Shylamadingdong is a terrible hack

>take your clothes off Casey, animals don't wear clothes :)

>Every "personality" was so cliched.
Would be hard to play several characters with slightly nuanced characters.Look at Peter Sellers in Dr Strangelove - he plays three very different characters. Though in Dr Strangelove it was mostly for comedy and in Split the comedic elements are little subdued.
>Shylamadingdong is a terrible hack
Well he is.

Ive just finished marathoning this kino. Why was Bruce Willis in such a small part at the end?

It was a part of the Sixth Sense Cinematic Universe

His acting was not 10/10, it was a 7 if I had to put a number on it. The movie was pretty shit.
I knew the twist going in thanks to Sup Forums which is why I wanted to see it, but I had forgotten about it until when it actually happened. The last 2 minutes of the movie were the only enjoyable moments for me.

>I knew the twist going in thanks to Sup Forums which is why I wanted to see it
Literally what twist
I keep hearing about a fucking twist but there is none

>Bruce Willis fights ayylmaos with water pistols filled with water blessed by Mel Gibson

I'd watch that kino

I'm gonna assume you're just retarded and not trolling. It's a sequel to Unbreakable, or at least in the same cinematic universe.

How is that a twist?

This combined with the girls being insufferable brought the movie down a lot for me.

Because it's unexpected

It was just a clever cameo setting up Kevin in a world with other supernatural beings. Wouldn't go as far calling that a twist.

Are you saying you saw it coming?

Where did you watch it?

This movie was fucking good. Fuck you contrarians.

If you didnt get goosebumps at the end when the Unbreakable music started playing, you have no soul.

I didnt know this movie tied into the larger story with his other movies. Therefore the ending made absolutely no sense to me.
My verdict: Absolute Trash/10

BEST
E
S
T

SCENE
C
E
N
E

youtube.com/watch?v=GCOi_KWWQOk

Watched it last night and I enjoyed, but it wasn't that good. It's obviously not easy to play all those characters but it felt a bit cringey at times, though he mcavoy was still good overall.

An interesting idea but could have been executed a bit better maybe. Main ayyyy girl is cute as fuck.

I enjoyed a bit more than the last two minutes but I mostly agree with what you said. I was aware of the beast thing the whole time watching because of Sup Forums and though it was done quite well, though I wanted more of it. I also had no idea it was a sequel to unbreakable and I didn't recognize the music at the end, though I do now that someone mentioned it.

Decent 7/10 film.

I didn't get goosebumps since some fucking faggot on here spoiled it the day the movie came out

I saw the movie, LOVED IT... It felt like a great start of an introduction of a new villain, the ending left you wondering of the continuation of the film and where it can and could go.

>marathoning a single movie
Never gets old.

on my cracked iPhone screen during visiting the Cinemas to watch Logan (boring shit movie)

film was the best so far this year, anyone that i met that didn't like it hasn't been worth the spit to talk to anyway

youtu.be/yWgDbZ8_tXE

>first bad guy in Unbreakable is a psycho who abducts women
>Split is a guy who abducts women
Bravo

Everyone keeps saying this has a link to a previous film. How? It seems a pretty closed book in that sense.
Also why was Bruce Willis in the movie?

is it really abduction if you keep them prisoner in their own house? it's more like he grounded them.

Remember when people ask why Bruce Willis is in the movie just answer them as seriously as possible, turn the tables on funposting.

The rip I had mustn't have been any good, I got to the part where Bruce Willis appears and then it skips to end. I'll just have to wait for the bluray I guess.

It's a sequel to Hudson Hawk.

>I am NINE YEAR OLD
>saliva filled mouth
>slurring words like he's retarded
>I am a lady, a m'lady, you might say, g'day
>I-i-i-am a n-n-n-n-eurotic OCD fag
>good acting
lmao

>not understanding the difference between writing and acting
Dude

Thomasin was hot

lmao, his acting was horrid, tell me what's so good about it.

Casey's eyes are unnerving. Near the angle, where they are supposed to end, they feel like they keep going. Her face being covered in hair empowers this illusion.
Didn't understand why Dennis had to have a female personality, really made me think.
Karren acted very foolishly, trusting this maniac with her life. The biggest plot hole in my opinion besides the ridiculous abduction shenanigan.

he just told you what's bad about his acting, faggot, or are you expecting him to act it out for you?

>Didn't understand why Dennis had to have a female personality, really made me think.

It showed women can be villains too and that being transgender is a sickness of the mind, get redpilled.

"It's crooked." jumped the whole damn theater

The girls were so fucking stupid and annoying. Usually I can tolerate characters I dislike, but the main girl was just so autistic I wanted her to die

The presence of his mother should be adequate to establish that.

It's pretty much a combination of McAvoy plus some really good cinematography that make this movie. On top of that though it's pretty refreshing to have a good thriller that uses suspense pretty well and doesn't feel the need to constantly have it reach some climax or jumpscare. The movie gives you the feeling of a knife just dangling over you and that feeling keeps you invested and tense even when the scene your watching on the surface isn't that scary. The movie does have some flaws but I really hope M. Night can keep it up.

>The presence of his mother should be adequate to establish that.

What?

To show that women can be villains.

You can have more than one.

Not everything you don't see coming in a movie is a twist

This

Watch the scene in the end where he changes from one personality to another over and over in a matter of seconds and tell me with a straight face that's not good acting. Or when the therapist calls Dennis out for not being Barry and he changes his expression seamlessly

>If not for 10/10 perfect performance by McAvoy
This meme needs to stop

That was the entire point of building up Kevin and Casey's characters though

The girls were annoying and dumb as fuck.

And the amount of close up shots of their whimpering faces with mouths hanging open drove me insane.. Close your fucking mouth you little kunt

ALSO, It would have been so easy to outsmart the "8 year old" personality. He constantly left the door open and you could have easily locked his ass in there... or told him to bring his CD player down to the room to dance, then once again LOCK his ass in there as he dances

The scene where she goes on the computer and watches all of the perfectly labeled videos was also trash. She kept pulling at the door for 20 minutes over and over and over again, like how fucking dumb is the person who wrote this?

wtf u fags said it sucked now u say how it has good acting and cinematography. this board is dildos

The Orange Man from Unbreakable was originally the character from Split. Sham said he couldn't flesh out the character enough in Unbreakable to make it work.

Wow

Did the orange man have any abilities or was he just a psycho?

"thiz modie iz so stupib the gilrz were annoying 0/0 actin LMAO, i can't wait 4 the new spoderman modie and judtice eagle it will rock!"

you forgot

>lol y boose willie in dis XD

I see no problems with the girls, they are cute and act well.

Unknown. Normal as far as we can tell since David killed him rather easily.

But that scene does sorta have a lot of subtleties that David isn't normal. Each time David gets thrown against the wall, it makes an indentation.

>Each time David gets thrown against the wall, it makes an indentation.

that's not subtle at all, that's like saying Agent Smith punching through concrete is subtle.

>David killed him rather easily.
Did he kill him?
I always thought he just choked him out.\
Was there something in the newspaper that i missed?

I don't understand why burgers (especially burger critics) believe that a good performance can somehow redeem a bad movie. If anything it's the opposite: a bad performance can ruin an otherwise good movie.

In this case the movie is shit and the performances are shit. To be clear: all the supporting cast are absolute shit, that includes the two other girls, the old lady Doctor and all the characters in the flashback sequences. It doesn't help that the dialogue in this movie is SW prequels-tier. I would also hate on Taylor-Joy if she wasn't a top tier waifu ever since VVitch.

>oh muh narrative universe continuity, Bruce Willis!!!!!
kys

>all these people who didn't watch it in cinema

kill yourselves
>waah waah Sup Forums killed it for me
>waah waah shit film hahahahaha
>waah waah hope hollywood doesn't send my ass a letter again

bunch of whiny neets who can't be assed to see a film where it should be watched. you truly are """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""kino connoisseurs"""""""""""""""

WHAT TWIST??

also, that old woman killed everything the movie had going for it. it was hilarious, she's one of the dumbest characters in cinematic history.

Great movie. Had some problems with it, but after seeing the whole thing it all played out very well.

If anything, my main complaint is about how Anya's character got away from him the first time he grabbed her leg. I rationalized it as he was just playing with her and let her run off since she was injured, but he seemed strong enough to just end her right there.

Great film in all honesty. Watched it at the cinemas and again just now. My only question, spoilers obviously
Why was Bruce Willis in such a small one line part? I thought I slept through in the cinemas the first time and he must have appeared earlier, but no. I mean what the heck!?

cheap emotions from millenials

This is the first movie I've seen that has portrayed modern teen girls accurately

Why do you all hate the acting of the girls?

Yeah, but most people don't pick up on that & think its just a wall getting cracked .

He broke his neck at the end of the choke. Plus the newspaper said ye was dead.