Why doesn't Sup Forums like this show? It's not on the level of HBO greats like Sopranos and Wire...

Why doesn't Sup Forums like this show? It's not on the level of HBO greats like Sopranos and Wire, but it's certainly not bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zzvyZMjmahk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Probably for the politics and drama and intrigue.

you're overestimating the Sopranos and the Wire

there's lots of discussion about it when a new season is released, but due to the nature of the show, you can only be part of the threads after you finished the season or you will get spoilered. Also Sup Forums notoriously hates strong female characters that ruin the male lead's "fun time" and Claire has been getting more and more screentime each season.

I think it has been getting better with each season so far. Season 1 was kind of shit.

Too much "smug fourth-wall winking" shit.

>oh, aren't I bad? Tell me how bad I am.

Started off great then slowly went downhill around the time when the author character got involved.

Plus I'm not that interested in following the series anymore after finding out that Spacey is literally a weirdo homosex predator in real life. I always knew he was a fairy but I didn't know the rest of it.

It got too whacky after the 2nd season.

That and the fact that reality is more entertaining than the fake politics of the show.

*breaks the fourth wall*

couldn't get through the first episode

But that part was actually done in an entertaining way. There are so many other things you could shit on this show for you picked the worst one.

First season is great if you haven't watched the British version. Season 2 is alright, season 3 less so. Season 4 was fantastic though - the first time I felt drawn in to the US version.

S4 was well received when it first came out, so I don't know why people now hate on it.

It's one of those shows where a character is meant to be super smart and the only way the writers can get this to work is make every other character a huge idiot. Like it's just fucking obvious Frank is untrustworthy but every other politician is an inept autist who falls for it.

Because it's a mediocre remake of a far better series, dumbed down for the American audience.

what show is that

Why did you like season 4 especially so? As someone who has just recently binged the whole show, I found all the seasons to be on roughly the same level. I actually enjoyed season 3 about as much as the rest despite most people saying that it's a low point for the show.

The West Wing

House of Cards.

kek

I just found it much more engaging. It threw in stuff I really didn't expect, and I liked that they actually did something with Lucas - that he wasn't forgotten. In fact, I really liked that characters from early on in the show are being brought back, like the old boss of Kate Mara's character. It makes the show feel more tightly written.

Claire was still a bitch, but I liked that Frank didn't spend all his time moping over her. Petrov was still great, and I liked Conway.

I don't remember a huge amount of the show, but I was never keen on watching it when my parents wanted to. Until we got to season 4 that is.

The cuckoldry in S4 was kind of weird. So was having Claire break the 4th wall at the end of S4.

>I really liked that characters from early on in the show are being brought back, like the old boss of Kate Mara's character. It makes the show feel more tightly written.

Funny you mention this. I agree for the most part, but I actually think House of Cards is too heavy handed with this idea sometimes. The thing I've noticed about HoC is that they never, ever leave loose ends. It's like everything is a chekov's gun - watch Peter Russo's girlfriend come back into the show at some point too.

All I'm saying is that it feels a little forced and claustrophobic to the world of the story when absolutely everything gets tied up so neatly and called back to. Some of the most well written shows on television (e.g. Sopranos) often let threads go, and it feels more realistic and less 'this is a television show'-ey to have some things fizzle out.

Used to be good, I didn't really mind frank being gay at first but after they made him a literal cuck I lost all respect for a man I once thought was completely ruthless and scary

Poor man's Boss. Shame Boss was canceled and not this shit

I tried to get into it twice but like 8 episodes in I just didn't have any motivation to find out what happened and go back to it.

I guess I'm just less of a TV show person compared to movies cause this happens quite often.

Being a cuck is the next evolution in alpha-ness. Frank is exerting his dominance over Tom Yates by letting him fuck his wife.

Just trust me on this, it's science.

I thought HoC was over the top and unrealistic until this recent presidential election.

Honestly have no clue how this coming season is going to top that.

T H I N K I N G
M A N ' S
F E T I S H

Season 1 and 2 are the best. It's not as cool once he stops climbing the food chain.

Also on a side note, Sup Forums's opinions are gettting shittier and shittier. It is gettijg painfully obvious that you're a bunch of teenagers who don't actually know of what they speak.

The Wire is ridiculously overrated and has aged really badly.

>It's not as cool once he stops climbing the food chain.
>using "cool" to describe something
>It is gettijg painfully obvious that you're a bunch of teenagers who don't actually know of what they speak.

the irony

>1hr of kevin spacey smirking and making faces at the camera

it's literally a meme show taylor made for reddit

Did you not watch S3?

Kill yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=zzvyZMjmahk

This. i watched the remake before it and still accept this as the better series overall.