OH CAAAAAANAAAAAAAAADA

OH CAAAAAANAAAAAAAAADA

TERRE DE NOS AÏEUX

>multiculturalism is good, and if you want to live in a melting post instead you can go live in the United States

wat

this Not the slightest idea what point the guy in OP's pic is trying to confer

"Melting pot" references to multi-ethnic society. Man races, but they assimilate to American culture and way of life.

Multi-cultural is the death of the west, it's went you promote cultural bubbles and want immigrants to not assimilate.

He's saying that we have bad race relations and this is proof multiculturalism works.
I'd argue we have good race relations, the only problems really are police brutality and the annual riot in X inner city.

>Even Reddit makes fun of Americans
l m a o

MELTING POT = ASSIMILATION
MULTICULTURALISM IN CANADA = TRANSFORMING THE PALACE IN OTTAWA INTO A MOSQUE

In that case a melting-pot is unironically better. It's not even really a melting-pot, because as you say they all assimilate to American culture while American culture hardly incorporates elements of their cultures.

>somebody gave money for this post
Why are redditors so autistic

>In that case a melting-pot is unironically better.

It absolutely is, it's the golden standard ideal for immigrants. Be part of the society, join the society.

Multiculturalism destroys countries, it turns them into fractured ethnostates, where cities becomes no-go zones for people of other cultures, politics turn into a fucking shit show of epic proportions and a country basically ceases to exist as a functional society.

Lots of people do not understand the difference between multi-ethic and multi-cultural an d mistakenly support it.

OHHHHHHHHHHH CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANADAAAAAAAA

>Can't spell
>Flag of the wannabe American province

Poetry

O H

C A N A D A

>browsing reddit
D-daddy?

He's not wrong, the same goes for the US. Half the people blaming Mexicans for their lack of a job are high school drop outs without the faintest hint of irony.

In the 7th grade we had an entire section dedicated to melting pot vs multiculturalism. The students (who were from different races mind you) all were mostly pro melting pot but the teacher seemed to be for multiculturalism.
My points is it's something actively debated in America.

It's not a binary choice. You can be part of a wider national identity and still retain some of the eccentricities of your own background. At the same time that national identity is allowed to adapt and integrate those eccentricities into itself. That's what multiculturalism means here.

>In the 7th grade we had an entire section dedicated to melting pot vs multiculturalism.

I really wish this happened here. I can't recall how many times I've seen people (And even myself when I was younger) not know the difference.

kek

What's up, Zhang. How's Melbourne this evening? Kind of cold over here.

>I'd argue we have good race relations
I can't agree with that. The mere fact Movements titled "black lives matter" ( I don't mean the fact that blacks are dying, but that someone felt like championing that cause and not an "American lives matter" campaign) and that a huge point of your current president was based on bashing on a minority in your country that amounts to dozens of millions says otherwise to me

Everyone press F for the New Worlders.

>while American culture hardly incorporates elements of their cultures.

America-tier post. Jazz was "black culture" until blacks stopped doing it, just like their fashion and slang and food.

>Evening
It's an okay morning here Jean-Pierre. Think I might pass through the local Breadtop for breakfast

>I'd argue we have good race relations
nigger, you're a fucking idiot

This. When will Am*Ritards learn?

The next years are going to be amazing to watch unfold.

We've been watching this shit unfold for the last 20 years with the advent of racism on the internet

I was speaking more of Canada and America getting South Africaded all over the place.

Either that or Brazil tier. We shall see.

Oh yeah, when I think of Canada I think of ghettos
Get bent dickhead

This is a good post. Our immigration hasn't caused us any large amount of problems at all and has often brought money and talent to Canada.
Also, historically, most of the most revered Canadians were either foriegn born or Canadian but spent a large portion of their lives in other countries.

>Thinking it will last long before it turns to that

I think you're letting the memes go to your head. You've overdosed on redpills

Wow non-Canadians who’ve immigrated here and don’t want to become Canadian support more immigration, what a surprise

/r/canada switches lately from its old hyper sjw self to hating trudeau and islam as much as Sup Forums does
depending on the day of the week maybe

Why would it? Their standard of living hasn't had an appreciable decrease in recent memory and has no sign of having one.

What do you mean "become Canadian?"

>often brought money
Immigrants as a whole don’t have a substantial economic impact either positively or negatively.

angl* canadians are reddit in human form, especially the ones from Ontario

>Redpills

Stupid term.
Dude my father was from Rhodesia and my mother was from the Mozambican/South African border.

Trust me, you in North America will get it. It will take longer than it did my family, but your future generations and family will.

>All reasons for everything are economic

okie dokie mate, thanks for the unsolicited fear mongering.

>Rhodesia
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's almost like we're just normal people with a variety of opinions. Trudeau is awful and there are immigration concerns, we are just finding a way to stay as safe as reasonably possible while still helping others and sharing some of the bounty.

It's not fear mongering, but ok.

What's wrong with Rhodesia.

Adopt our values as their own
Learn one of the languages and become fluent in said language
Conform to our laws (loosely related to point one)
Learn the history of the nation
Learn and practise customs
et cetera

The immigrant should bend for the countey, not vice versa.

So you are comparing two African colonies run by tiny white minorities to the detriment of the overwhelmingly black native population to Canada and the US? Do you really not see the absurdity of that comparison?

But that's not true, between 1750 and 2017 immigrants have created this country and put all of the money into it.

Yes, Canada, a top 10 economy and the 2nd largest nation on earth, will surely suffer the same fate as Rhodesia because of rich Chinese immigrants and a few thousand Syrian refugees. Rhodesia fell after 14 years because of war and race issues, some caused by immigration. Our immigration causes the working class (arguably the world's wealthiest) to complain and housing bubbles from wealthy Asian land speculators. These are not the same thing.

>What's wrong with Rhodesia

But it is true, immigrants don’t add any increase to GDP, they don’t increase the rate of growth. Institutions that increased the marginal productivity of our capital and labour are what has lead to our growth, not an influx of foreigners. Whether the population comes from outside the country or are born within is irrelevant. There is no economic argument for or against immigration.

What values are distinctly Canadian?
Isn't that basically required under our points system? Also, Newfies and Maritimers can barely be said to speak French or English fluently.
They have to confirm to our laws or be deported/imprisoned/fined/etc.
What practises and customs?

Canada is a big country, what it means to be Canadian is probably very different to a Maritimer, a Québecois, a Torontonian, and a Prariefag.

Fair enough
You can't populate yourself into prosperity

Is hard to immigrate to your country that's why you haven't have big quantities of poor quality immigrants.

But you're walking to the same future, just a lot slower.

Whatever, be in denial all you want.

Which means they can appreciate the immigrants who do come in, which means that those immigrants feel like they can integrate into Canadian society and engage fully as citizens
It's a virtuous circle

Portugal must be counting itself lucky there's no black baptist churches for you to shoot up

Can you link me to an article? I realise that correlation =/= causation but I think it's a pretty big coincidence that the areas with more immigration are the wealthiest part of Canada and the area that is entirely white and old stock (250+ years in Canada) is the poorest. Of course immigrants choose to live in the nicer wealthier parts but in Toronto for example they have been a huge part of the population (over half now) for 35+ years and Toronto has increased it's wealth exponentially in that time, while also remaining the safest city of its size in the Americas by a wide margin. In fact, prior to mass immigration Toronto was considered a backwater cow town not even fit to defend against yank attack. Post-immigration it's one of the wealthiest on earth.

But how? Describe to me the process you think is occurring that will lead to a Rhodesia style overthrow of the worlds largest economies.

I agree, I like Canada and Australia's point system, it seems to be working well for us.

Kek I didn't even know Golds gym made shirts for skeletons.

Dudes I'm not gonna argue. It's not all economics.

Is a challenge geographically to reach Australia or Canada, given the extreme weather.

And Canada is not a good country if you want to start from zero without money or job.

He said Standard of living tho

...those areas with wealth are also the ones with the factories, the easier means to trade, and access to resources. Those areas have higher immigratiom because of their wealth, not the other way around. Docyou think Calgarys going to go into the gutter if we decrease imigration? Or would it be more likely that it would suffer because of bad oil prices? What are the immigrants bringing to Toronto specifically that is to be pinpointed as a cause for their increase in wealth?

I have to apologize for this, sorry.

they bring skills, wealth and consumption. skills we don't have or lack and foreign wealth that we otherwise would not have in Canada. they also consume goods and services that are created and manufactured by Canadians. look at all the ethnic stores opened up to cater to new immigrant tastes

Where is your leaf

I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm just trying to understand the thought process behind your cryptic proclamations of impending race war.

Lowered trust in areas with high diversity is also associated with:

>Lower confidence in local government, local leaders and the local news media.
>Lower political efficacy – that is, confidence in one's own influence.
>Lower frequency of registering to vote, but more interest and knowledge about politics and more participation in protest marches and social reform groups.
>Higher political advocacy, but lower expectations that it will bring about a desirable result.
>Less expectation that others will cooperate to solve dilemmas of collective action (e.g., voluntary conservation to ease a water or energy shortage).
>Less likelihood of working on a community project.
>Less likelihood of giving to charity or volunteering.
>Fewer close friends and confidants.
>Less happiness and lower perceived quality of life.
>More time spent watching television and more agreement that "television is my most important form of entertainment".

Sounds like heaven.

here's the thought process

1.bad things happened to my parents because of X

2. that looks familiar to X so it's bad

3. profit.

And standard of living is tied to in his mind...?

It's not a race war because that implies fighting on both sides like in Africa.

In the Americas case is more like a race forfeit.

You're thinking the same sympathy respect and social behaviour you're giving them, will be giving to you once the tables turn.

I know it all sounds far fetched to you I understand that.

Anyways good chat, but I have to go. Conversations like these are good on person, not on an image board. Cool board though.

Canada has a relatively good immigration system. In order to get into the country you either need to qualify as an economic migrant (requiring credentials such as mastery of the official languages, knowledge of Canadian history, experience/training in your chosen career, etc) or otherwise be a family member of a previous migrant—in which case your family needs to be able to provide for you in order to avoid you becoming a burden on the state. The only exceptions to this are refugees, and I would agree that Canada has a) done its share already and b) should not have admitted them so quickly without the infrastructure in place to support them.

Canadians in the Prairies aren't hawks on immigration because the demographic they dislike the most already lives here.

modern infrastructure and medicine sure was detrimental.

i'm sure they have plenty of niggers that will shoot up shit regardless. i wish i could take you niggerlovers to a typical ghetto just so you could see what animals these "people" are.

On the aggregate level they don't bring any substantial net difference in any of those variables, that's my whole point. If every immigrant brought with them industry and capital, maybe it would be a different story. Many of these people only bring wealth in the form of whatever their liquidated assets are worth, though. Any lapse in skill we face can be just as easily solved through demand forces in our own country, and extra or lack of consumer expenditure on a sub percentile level isn't going to break the camels back.

I mean he's not wrong. Racial tensions in Canada are definitely way lower than in the US.

since this is a canada thread

is it worth going to law school? i bet i could get into osgoode maybe uoft (i'm doing my undergrad at uoft)

>Not going to Med School
>Not moving to Alberta to enjoy your low tax massive salary

iirc my friends that are from alberta say it's pretty bad there atm

also i went to a really bad in high school drank too much and played sports in high school

really shouldve done a stem major

That's because Canadians just let the immigrants walk all over them.

I agree that the Canadian immigration system is pretty good and definitely better than ours, and it would be perfect if only regional quotas were added to prevent only poo-in-loos and Chinese people from being essentially the only immigrants you get. To me, the perfect system would allow for only 100,000 people each for six different regions: Europe, Middle East/North Africa, South Asia, East Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and the Americas. Not sure where places like Australia and Central Asia would fit in.

Thought Alberta was still richer and doing better on average compared to other provinces even after the oil prices dipped. Doubt it's worse than Ontario though

>Thought Alberta was still richer and doing better on average

lol?

Alberta does nothing but eat up equalization payments from BC, Ontario and Quebec because you're an economic sink hole.

It helps that Canada is geographically blessed. It's bound by two oceans and most Latin Americans migrants are happy to settle here meaning that most of Canada's immigrants get in through the preferred channels.

Is it really that bad even with their oil money?

>Alberta does nothing but eat up equalization payments from BC, Ontario and Quebec

>implying any form of mass-immigration is good

56%face.png

The only thing that matters is bringing about the Fifth Empire. The rest of the world can burn, but I want to see Portugal rule the ashes. Eu quero um mundo Português.

Leite de Macaco. Uma delicia!