What is the most experimental movie you've seen?

What is the most experimental movie you've seen?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt1331307/
youtube.com/watch?v=11sMDQIgggA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The movie where a guy locks a girl inside a closet and puts a plate of meat in there. She's a vegan, so he wants to see how long she can go before going against her beliefs.

The end of the movie is him putting her dead boyfriend in there to see how long she can go before eating him.

I forget what it's called. It's interesting

Das Experiment (2001)

Nevermind, it's Dread
imdb.com/title/tt1331307/

Matriochka or that Andy Warhol movie about people sleeping.

But in the good movies category, I really enjoyed Dogville. The movie has no set decoration or anything. It's like a play but you really don't mind the lack of environment during the movie, which I think is amazing.

Primer.
Hated it.

Beyond the black rainbow.

About half of it is dedicated to making you feel like you are on acid or atleast as drugged up as the main character.

Most surreal film I've ever seen.

Does Under The Skin count? My freetime is precious to me, I won't waste it on some indie film about a guy who likes waffles or something.

Wavelength by Michael Snow.
Can't say a lot happened in it.

Fucking shocked me with how viscerally disgusting it was.

This actually was a very well directed movie. The sequel was kinda shit, but overall the hate towards this movie comes from the disgust, not because it's a bad movie.

I mostly disliked the twist. Plus, you can only do one centipede before it becomes stale. I won't even watch the third because I know it's just a gigantic centipede in a prison from the poster.

both primer and upstream color are pseudo-intellectual garbage, made by a guy who probably wants to be remembered as deep.

They are complicated for the sole reason of trying to look complicated, but are completely void of any deeper or sublime meaning.

If you like these movies, you are probably a fan of Mr. nobody, inception and the likes. They aren't horrible movies, they re just incredibly pretentious and kitschy.

Eraserhead

Have you read Walser?

Totally agree, I don't know what people were expecting though. I can really appreciate the kind of revulsion it manages to instil though. Not a hostel, gore type of reaction that plays on peoples fear of pain - it's something that goes beyond the screaming and the discomfort of the victims. The sounds the MC makes, the inability (if slightly implausible) of escape, the total starkness with which the entire scenario is presented.

The first did well to introduce the idea as a shock/slasher movie at a midnight screening, third was a cash grab, but this one almost seems like something that would be shown on Halloween in some type of Lynchian warehouse party where everyone is on acid. It exists purely to nauseate.

Anything by Jodorowsky or David Lynch basically.

If I have to pick one up then Inland Empire.

As I said i hated it, i did quite enjoy Inception tho.

youtube.com/watch?v=11sMDQIgggA