/ski/ - Deathjump World Championship: Oberstdorf day 2

Schedule for today (CET):

14:30 - Qualification
16:00 - First round

10 m/s wind from yesterday is gone so it seems we're going to see some jumping today! Will the Flying WC curse of not being able to complete all 4 rounds since 2010 be lifted today?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WrbYHOeEVBg
youtube.com/watch?v=X5kIREEdCX4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wind from an hour ago, looking good

is the quali being broadcasted/streamed anywhere?

IT'S HAPPENING

STREAM

youtube.com/watch?v=WrbYHOeEVBg

Not a sport

thanks

Thank you for making the thread, Polskibro. I thought to make it after the quali, but even better now.

Any streams for the quali? Can't find any atm, and the Finnish Eurosport isn't playing it.

My money is on Tande, Stjernen, Kamil and Freitag. I really think Kamil will surprise everybody and and win the title this year, he seemed so calm and happy yesterday in the interview. The hill suits him well.

I love Vassiliev, the dude has always been such a meme master. The guy should have won gold in Turin in 2006 (was the first after first round), would still bring laughs.

what a great dude

Come on Janne, get it together. I know from good sources that his leg strength is as good as ever, but man that technique's lacking.

DAWID DAWID DAWIIIIID

you now remember the old Planica hill where the jumpers were 5-8 meters above the hill at one point

Bravo Dawid! That was more like it, actually looked like ski flying. Really promising when thinking about the team competition, the third place seems realistic at the moment.

>Planica
>not Harrachov

The new hill is still quite formittable, think about Kamil's 251,5m jump there last season.

Really great by Freitag. Fighting for the win today.

there's no winning today finnbro

STOCH

Amazing, Kamil! The jump looks quite identical to that presented in the four hills. I think it's the inrun position, seems far better than the one he had last weekend - which translates into the better takeoff, and relatively better speeds (of course, his speeds are never all that good). Just excellent!

Yeah, I know, four rounds. Still, he'll have good results today, continue the fight for the podium.

>Hula
wow nice

Stefan's really firing it up. Really great job! I love how he's fighting for that olympic team spot. With these kind of jumps, it's a no-brainer between him, Kot and Zyla. Really nice, aggressive jumping at the moment.

>Kožíšek
fugg :DD

Poland strong

Poland
Norway
Germany

in the team event

I'd add Slovenia to fight for that second/third with Poland, can't really stop Norway from winning atm

cameraman wtf

Kasai's technique in ski flying is so aesthetic. Only Kraft and Stjernen's comes close in my opinion in terms of pure beauty of the flight. In contrast, someone like Johanson is a grinder type - the jump's all utilitarian, no real flair.

Also really nice by Simi. Getting more consistent all the time.

Really convincing by Tande. Perhaps the first time this season his technique really seemed perfect at the take-off - no imbalances in the air, not late at all, no frills. Really sent a message to everybody, we'll see if he's got that killer mentality today and tomorrow.

but he's very likely to fuck up one of his jumps in the competition

That's true, that's why I still think Kamil's the top favourite for the win. Tande did seem very relieved last week after the second place, that second jump was so good and for the first time in a long while I think he made some progress there. We'll see.

Kamil's such a strong fighter at the moment, though, that I think everybody's a bit scared of him. The fact that he just won't be intimidated by almost anything is pretty huge.

I really hope that Kamil will win this and have all 5 titles.

Me too. He already equaled Hannwald for the TCS grand slam, why not equal Nykänen for the career grand slam? I'm hyped!

Bought the flag in 2012 in Lahti and the scarf a year later in Kuopio. I also have a smaller flag I bought in 2001 in Lahti while watching Adam win the Normal Hill, but it's at my summer cottage atm

>Bickner 201.0 meters
Nice to see him still jumping despite crash in last Raw Air
youtube.com/watch?v=X5kIREEdCX4
He could really compete for podium back then.

Did FIS change HUD display? Pretty neat.

it's always different for world championships

Yeah, his jumps last year in Vikersund were so nice. Good that anything more serious didn't happen. Based Americans

Seriously looking forward to this. Really hopeful. Pretty sure we got the team event in the box, a bit more uncertain in the individual event.

Obrrsdorf has such shit music. Austria does it better

Jump in for free and good quality stream (fuck tvp anyway): sport.tvp.pl

Is it a common agreement that Eurosport is goat? Or is it country-dependent?

tande with new hill record in the qualifier, 238,5

lets hope they can push that a bit further

Polish Eurosport commentators are WAY better than TVP's. The English speaking one is really goat (David Goldstrom).

I dunno, I only listen to English ones

Eurosport is GOAT. Was even better when we had Hannu Lepistö and his son as commentators in 2011-2017. This season Hannu started doing other things, such a shame - he's the GOAT ski jumping coach.

Damn, i'd KILL to hear some professional input and from the best ski jumping coach in history. We had Adam commenting competitions some years ago but he was meh at it. Such a shame. It's really hard to learn about the technique and all the technical things without someone explaining it well.

Ahonen retired twice already and is still the best finish jumper. Why is that?

Lepistö isn't coaching anymore.

Yeah, I know. We've also had a couple of nordic combined coaches and Tommi Nikunen as our commentators, so I guess we're really lucky in that regard. Especially Lepistö taught me a great deal about the technique.

Quite nice jumping by Dawid. The angle was off in the takeoff, so I couldn't really see how it went compared to the quali. Still, really nice job!

>133
what was that

we have johan remen evensen commentating, its pretty great we get all the technical details with every jump

oh shit Richard

F R E I T A G
R
E
I
T
A
G

It's good to see him back in shape.

DER KÖNIG IST ZURÜCK!

MASSIVE FREITAG

oh fugg freitag is back

Yeah he's great. Much better than Jacobsen.

To add, we have Toni Nieminen on MTV. He's so shit in commentating, it's not even funny. I have no idea how a once great jumper can not know anything about ski jumping technique.

Was really glad to see that jump by Freitag! Really great all in all. Such good luck that nothing serious happened in Innsbruck.

Meh

Based Damjan.

big from ur guy

And to think he started this season barely holding his place in our B team

GET FUCKED

KAMIL KAMIL KAMIL

He should've crashed.

S T O C H
T
O
C
H

whats with people's landings here

Lot of snow.

Really nice by Kamil! What a relief that he didn't fall, it was a really close one. Odd to see him going strongly to the right side of the hill both on this jump and in the training - haven't seen imbalanced jumps by him in a while.

But yeah, nothing is lost yet, hope the Norwegians don't succeed too well in this round.

Friendly reminder that Kamil is gonna get cucked by Freitag in every important competition from now on.

you should've been aborted

really fancy some mammer biscuits

>BARTOL
Ya blew it!

inexperience and the determination to do well fucked him here

>20 years old
My bad. I shouldn't be harsh in judgment.

MR WORLDWIDE

Hula :(( Would've really liked a good jump here to really boost his confidence. Oh well, he still has three more jumps to go, he can do much better than this.

DED
E
D

oof ouch owie my bones

F

when i am olderr i will be strongerrr
Waave your flag

what happened?

Haven't heard this song since 2010. Fucking garbage.

Michael Hayböck fell, nothing too serious.

Hybeck fell

>Implying he won't get killed in Innsbruck last year
Austrian mafia won't be content with just injuring him for 3 competitions.

delet this
it was a bop

next year I mean.

>germans
>having taste

pick one

Another bites the dust

breddy gud from krawat

Relief to see that Kraft still hasn't found that best form of his yet, okay jump but nothing special. One of the best ski fliers of all time at his best imo.

>lowering the gate before Prevc
shit move.

reeeee fucking jury

Really hope the wind doesn't stay as strong as this, quite an advantage to the Norwegians

based Noriaki

K A S A I
He just flies better than jumps.

Nice Kasai