Study abroad in the UK

>study abroad in the UK
>think it will essentially just be a somewhat more crowded but more cultured America
>turns out that Britain is actually really poor compared to the US
>standard of living there is shit

Everyone always told me that Britain was a first world country. Was I mislead? Why does it seem so poor compared to the US?

we have just as many poor people, it's just easier to insulate yourself from them

Britain is third world trash, tbqhwy

Such ordnung.

the poorest of the poor have more economic security in the UK than the US, but their top 10% can't remotely compare to the US's top 10% in terms of wealth

Median quality of life is better in the UK too.

This
America has a ridiculous amount of super rich people that drastically skew their numbers. The average American does not live as well, or as long, as the average Brit (or almost any other civilised country)

Says the country that actually has 45(!!!!) million people living below the poverty line or 15% of your population. The equivalent % in the UK is 6.5%

Our entire population is 65 million.

topkek

>he didn't know about the UK

lol

>it's the turk and Mexican again

do you have some kind of leftypol discord you use to organize these threads?

Shut up Pacific Scotland. I hope your bums are ready for the 10th of November

>Median quality of life is better in the UK too.

Not even close. The middle class is generally much better off in the US than the UK. The Upper class and upper-middle in the US is far, far better off.

The shorter lifespan is due to lifestyle choices, such as increased car usage and increased food intake.

US median income is way higher as well as purchasing power. Not to mention a lower cost of living. Yeah we could have a better healthcare system but I think you really underestimate how bad med-lower income bongloids have it. Have you ever lived there?

Isn't this what much of Germany looked like before it got bombed out in WW2? The brick apartments circling large interior yards. I remember talking about it in an architecture gen ed.

>The middle class is generally much better off in the US than the UK.
You mean they're in much bigger debt.

I mean they have much, much more disposable income, especially when you account for cost of living.

What you don't understand is that you can have a higher quality of life in the UK with less money, because we have better healthcare and better education for free or a fraction of the cost than you do.

Oh and your median income is $17.6k vs the UK's $13.8k, with a much higher cost of living.

This looks so pleasing.

>What you don't understand is that you can have a higher quality of life in the UK with less money

Cost of living is higher in the UK. Take a look at purchasing power parity stats.

> we have better healthcare

Nope, you have cheaper healthcare.

>better education for free
>free

Except for the exceptionally high taxes

I agree it is absurd what we spend on healthcare for both insurance and care but we're not spending $12,000 more per household every year than the UK. Uninsured lower middle class Americans may have it worse though because they don't qualify for our free healthcare and could benefit from something like the NHS.

For university it's similarly priced or maybe even cheaper in the US to go to a public instate school. £9,000 is on the high end of what it would cost to go to a good school here.

It gets bad when you start looking at housing cost, rent prices, transportation, upper mobility (which the US sucks at also)

Median adult income is around $30,000 in the US and $21,000 in the UK. Median household is $43,000 with $30,000 for the UK.

>Median household is $43,000 with $30,000 for the UK

And when adjusted for PPP, the US is even higher.

Aren't there like 4 families in each house? Who gets the backyard?

yes, british housing is shit

average brit house is about 700 sq feet. average american house is 2700.

Yeah but average Brit body mass is about 70kg while average American body mass is 700.

Not the same kind of houses.

this is my image wtf

Not sure what you're trying to say while posting these m8. Some 90% of the landmass of the island of Great Britain isn't built on, which is a miracle considering we were the first industrialised country and an island with 65 million people. It's also amazing we've still got as much countryside left as we do, we need to keep our buildings small to protect land. Just look at Japan for small congestion too.

> we need to keep our buildings small to protect land

British homes are so small that they aren't fit for purpose and they cost an absolute fortune.

why do they do this

we don't have the room for massive houses
we don't have unlimited countryside like you do, so naturally land is going to be more expensive

it mostly just looks like some poor urban areas of the northeast with fewer niggers and more white trash

You dont even have room for reasonably sized houses. Your houses are hovels compared to much of the western world.

dead rats in their hot water tanks

because their hot water comes from a tub in the attic that is filled with all kinds of bugs and bacteria and dirt. It isn't potable.

Underrated.

alright lad, that's your opinion. thanks for sharing it.

>opinion

More like fact

yes, and i was trying to explain why that is, but you don't seem interested

>Let me tell you about your country