Amerifag here

Amerifag here.

Moving to Norway next year (under EU citizenship).

How does Sup Forums feel about American immigrants?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5RkWIfFCb-c
youtube.com/watch?v=KsKkmR93-zQ
uis.no/?lang=en_GB
nav.no/workinnorway/en/Guide for citizens from countries outside EU and EEA/Get started in Norway/Find a job
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Move and never come back here traitor

I'm going as fast as I can, don't you worry

>the rich self-hating New England Bernout is finally moving to Europe like he said he would
And nothing of value was lost.

Nobody really minds Anglo immigrants here, desu.
Where in Norway are you moving to?

What are you doing for work?

>rich
It took me 5 years to save $20,000 so I could afford the move.

>self-hating
Nah I'm pretty cool desu.

>New England
Well, you got me there, but I lived in the shitty parts of Sacramento my whole life until I moved here less than 2 years ago.

>Bernout
lol I don't really pay much attention to our politics, it all just makes me feel angry and helpless.

>(under EU citizenship)
did you already have it or did you have to earn it?

Near Oslo while I apply to schools, and while I get used to speaking Norwegian (just since Norsk in Oslo is supposed to be most similar to Bokmål) then hopefully Trondheim or Tromso if I get into their Electrcal Engineering programs. If I really like Oslo, I was going to try the Electronics Engineering program at USN (think)

Currently, I am a sushi chef.

Well, my grandmother was forced out of her home country (Lithuania) by Russians in WWII, and under Lithuanian law, this entitles me to hold both US and Lithuanian citizenship. My cousin (with the same grandma) just got her citizenship last month.

Do you know much about other options? I've heard that if you go to school there and end up landing a job then eventually earn citizenship. Obviously it depends on the country, but in general. I've been considering applying to a grad program overseas.

Well, in order to become a citizen of Norway, you have to have lived there and held valid residence permits for 7 years. Most of the visas offered to US citizens are conditional in the sense that you must be able to return to your home country within reasonable probability. Also, the amount of time you live in Norway with a student visa as a US citizen does not count toward those 7 years you need to live there in order to become a citizen. You also need to prove that you have around $13,000 per year (I've also seen $23,000 thrown around, so I'm not sure which is true) that you plan on studying in Norway.

That money-wall still applies to EU citizens looking to study in Norway, but it also allows me to get a job and register as an employee, then apparently I can go to school without being required to re-register as a student.

As for my options, I'm dedicated to moving to Norway and making a life for myself there, because living in the US just isn't doing it for me. If I don't like Norway, maybe I'll try somewhere else, but I kinda just think that I'll love it there.

Thanks a lot for the information. I still am saving money and plan to take a year off before looking at grad school anyways.

Well hey, I know that there are a ton of master's programs in Norway that are taught in English, and I'm pretty sure I saw Ph.D programs taught in English too. Might be worth looking into if you've thought about Norway.

Jeg liker ikke muslimer.

Norway is not part of EU

It doesn't matter, they allow EU citizens in anyway.

Cool. I live 20min. south of Oslo. Anything you would like to know about the area?

you are cool.
You are intelligent because you want to get out of this cesspool, I like americans like you
though don't call yourself am*rican ever again

This is a lie, why would you need EU citizenship to move to Norway.

Because of the free movement of goods and people within the EU. We also have that deal.

You saying he should lie and claim Canadian citizenship?

oh and burn your american passport and id the moment you touch the old continent

Good luck with Trandum, i'm sure there is many people you can be friends with there which you are locked up together with.

good for you good luck

I saw a disgusting fat American on the train here yesterday. She looked just like pic related. Same hairstyle, same everything, only much, much fatter. She had the largest thighs I have ever seen in my life. And she spoke with a disgusting american accent. Why are Americans so disgusting?

Yeah, if you could answer a few questions, that would be awesome, thanks!

Are there a lot of places to go out in nature in Oslo and the surrounding area, or is it more of an endless concrete urban sprawl type of place with a few good hiking trails spread out kind of far away from each other?

Also, is sushi popular around where you are? I'd probably be looking for a sushi job just since I have experience in the field.

Also, would you happen to know how common it is to find someone without a firm grasp on speaking Norwegian to find work in the restaurant industry? I'm fluent in English, but my Norwegian is only at around an A2 level so far.

i beg your pardon ?

It was ne directed pas to you. People that burn their papers is arrested and sent out to their last country where their fingerprints were taken.

Are you Japanese?

I am not, I am caucasian as fuck.

oh I didn't know that, thanks.

just bury your papers where you can find them and burn them once you have a Norwegian passport then

How are you a sushi chef if you're not Japanese?

>25% italian
>25% irish
>25%german
>15% scandinavian
>5% iberian
>5% native american
yeah, guys, i know, I'm huwhite af
>muh racial purity
>muh huwhite ethnostate
kys mongrel
stay the fuck out

American sushi chef, fuck off, we don't want you here

Okay, i live in Oslo. There is a lot of sushi here, too much actually. I think you will be disillusioned if you move to Oslo pretty fast. Even worse is the surrounding areas, which is boring as fuck. I'd go for Bergen or Trondheim instead. That's where it's the best nature and people. Oslo isn't bad for a couple of years i guess, it is surrounded by the forest and the sea. I think you could handle your self fine with A2 levels, everybody understands english here.

>doesn't speak the language
>uneducated, worked as waiter in sushi bar
>euromongrel
you're to us what spics are to you
FUCK OFF

That is something I hear once a week.

It's the "Would you like soup or salad?" "Yes, I WOULD like a super salad" joke of white sushi chefs lol

Honestly, I was bussing tables at some restaurant years ago, and one of their sushi people quit. The head chef was looking for a new sushi guy, so I asked him if I could do it. He trained me, and I've learned a little bit from every person/place I've worked with/at since.

Lucky you.
Take the time to learn the language if you haven't already started. Most people appreciate the effort.

What's the best sushi?

I'd be educated if a decent degree didn't cost me an absurd amount of money, believe me. Before my dad went to jail, he was putting me through college, but I was only able to complete one year before the IRS cleaned out his bank accounts.

I plan on moving to Norway so that I can be an educated member of society who can give more than he takes, because that's a social value that is unfortunately non-existent in America, and it's something that I believe in.

And I'm still learning Norwegian, but unfortunately there are no classes for me to take around here, so I can only learn from online resources until I get to Norway, so it's a bit of a slow process for now.

Is that really so bad?

Hmm, that's what I was afraid of... I looked into Bergen, but they don't have a solid Electrical Engineering program that I know of. What are your thoughts on Stavanger?

>All these storm-fronters showing up to ruin the thread
Få dere en ordentlig jobb, i stedet for å sitte der som en gjeng jævla NAUT og slenge dritt.

Stavanger is much better than Oslo in my opinion. Depends what you want, nature or urbanity.

>Before my dad went to jail
Hold up nigga

I've been working on it every day for about a year now, I won't stop until I'm fluent! I figure I'll learn faster once I can take actual classes.

Bluefin tuna, imo. Aji and Kohada are awesome too. Ikura can be absolutely delicious if prepared properly, same with ankimo. Salmon will always be near the top of my list, no matter what anyone says.

youtube.com/watch?v=5RkWIfFCb-c

How does I get some sweet norvegian oil moneys?

You must have lived and worked here for seven years and paid taxes.

Or you could join the national youth labour team.

Jeg vil å finne en god jobb, men jeg trenger utdanning forst. Hva betyr NAUT?

(vær så snill og unnskylde min fryktelig Norsk)

How different are the Oslo and Stavanger dialects from each other?

And yeah, he went to jail for a while, lost his job in the whole ordeal, and went from making about $500,000+ per year to making about $21,000 per year. I make more money than my dad does, and that's still fucking weird to me.

I'm probably too old to join anything with the word youth in the name.

youtube.com/watch?v=KsKkmR93-zQ

The woman speaks Oslo, the guy Stavanger dialect. There is a good

uis.no/?lang=en_GB

We don't mind you coming as long as you're not religious and go "but muh heritage, USA" on us.

We like that people assimilate, not integrate.
So adapt to our culture and ideas (long like the King) and you should be fine.

You're going to be severely disappointed by both Norway and Norwegians, and here's why:

no freedom

I don't mind immigrants
especially Americans

Since the retarded Americans don't bother moving out of their state

I found it quite a bit easier to understand the woman than I did the guy. He sounded like he was blending words together and slurring a bit. Thanks for the link!

The driving force behind me wanting to move is that I don't agree with a vast majority of American culture. I was reading some little book on the basics of Norwegian culture, and found that most things I read are things I already adhere to anyway, and others are things that I'd like to do more of (things like the whole dugnad thing, but we don't really have that here unless you want to spend a lot of time with people fresh out of jail, or religious zealots...)

Whenever my plans to move out of the country come up, most people respond with negative things they hear or think about Norway. Things like "But the taxes are so high!" or "But it's so cold!" or "Do they even speak English or do they speak like French or something?" or "BUT COMMUNISM!!!"

I tried to think of another example response, but that about covers all of them. Every once in a while, I'll get a "Oh wow that's cool, Norway looks beautiful!" These kinds of responses are always from either people who like to travel often, or immigrants.

It's true, the dumbest of us don't leave because they all buy the whole "AMERICA IS THE #1 COUNTRY" shit that is shoved down our throats from when we start school until the day we die. It's depressing.

You're a teenager, right?

No, I'm 24. Though, I've wanted to move to Norway since I was about 18. I could only really start putting the plan in motion after I moved out of California and was able to save money at a decent rate for once in my life.

You will probably have the most options if you move to the Oslo area. I quite like it here. Have lived here for the last ten years. You have everything. Forests, the fjord and all the islands, Great skiing tracks in winter or downhill slopes. Don't listen to the angry westerners from Bergen.

If you need additional info i have set up a throwaway mail: [email protected]

Moving to india
what should I expect

american immigrants are fucking retarded no matter how much you try to assimilate

>Not having a job before you move

Shit planning, desu

Don't buy into Sup Forums-memes, you will not be disliked because you're from the US. You will at the very least be deemed as interesting.

Norway is much more right-leaning than Sweden, so you're probably not going to stand out too much if you're not very conservative. The scandinavian conservative has WAY more in common with your democrats.

Norway (especially Oslo) is very expensive. You will be compensated with higher pay, but your savings will run out faster.

There is always a demand for sushi in big, hip cities, so you're probably alright for that, and in my experience many sushi restaurants speak english even to the customer. Not that many native sushi-chefs I guess.

Scandinavia has one of the greatest general grasps of the english language out of all non-native speakers in the world, though learning norwegian is a clear sign of dedication and appreciated.

Your skin color might unfortunately matter if people see you as an immigrant. Norway isn't the absolute greatest place to live as a black person right now, but if you are, you might still be fine. Just be ready with the american accent, americans "doesn't count as immigrants".

Yes, the southern part of Norway unfortunately speak french. Your A2 levels of norwegian will make you understandable though.

Are you a very social person? That might be a shock when you come here. There are social people, but there's an invisible wall of norms blocking you from the strangers on the street. Finding new people outside of a bar can be hard.

Norway, Sweden and especially Finland are introvert nations.

Pollution.

Pretty much this However, I'd like to ad that your skin colour is not going to be relevant at all, as long as you speak either Norwegian or English fluently. What our neighboor to east means by "black", is most likely the fresh off the boat Africans Ans they aren't the most popular bunch around here, as they are over-represented in all crime statistics and welfare programs.
The vast majority in Norway have no problems what so ever with western immigrants, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Still does not need that to go to Norway.

nav.no/workinnorway/en/Guide for citizens from countries outside EU and EEA/Get started in Norway/Find a job

As long as you're somewhat european looking and you have 0 jewish and black dna its fine

It's funny because I'm a prime European Ubermensch and you're a thin haired big chined faggot. I wake up every day happy knowing that my baldlet Norwegian genes are reinforced by my fathers Southern European genes. You are simply inferior.

>skin colour is not going to be relevant at all

what did your dad go to jail for?

My grandpa banged a lot of germanics during war.
Can I have a EU citizenship too?

er det fra kolsåstoppen?

Fy faen for en idiot

Det eneste innvandrere på jobben snakker om er hvor rasistiske nordmenn er. De får ikke lik behandling selv om du er en liberal mongo.

Bamp for OP