Lain
a
i
n

First for Animal Crossing pocket edition

archive.is/kecqO
>RTÉ announces new Six One News presenters
>Keelin Shanley and Caitríona Perry
Well, that came completely out of the left field.

>Keelin Shanley
Who?
>Caitríona Perry
Thought she was stuck in yankland.

I was expecting Sharon Ní Bheoláin to stay on at least.

Well I have been going to bed a lot earlier lately.

>Thought she was stuck in yankland.
More importantly I was told she liked being in Yankland. Myabe she got tired of all the Trump news?

>I was expecting Sharon Ní Bheoláin to stay on at least.
Yeah, they're moving her to alternating host of the 9pm news and hosting Crimecall. Seems like a bit of step down.

>Hosting Crimecall
What would one have to do to become co-host?

Be really good at remembering a phone number and have the skills required to repeat that phone number at least 3 times a minute. Also, being able to get camera-shy Gardaí to talk coherently is also a plus.

I should buy Caitríona's book on the rise of Donal Trump.

REMINDER TO REPEAL THE 8TH YOU BIGOTS

Jesus Christ, what the fuck?

"Ello I am user yöür niu cö-höst pleased to meet yü"
"Mr Garda-man will tell us aböüt rape nöw and will receive a delicious spicebag as rewärd if he döes it pröperly,yes there yü gö"

What's the ratio on male to female news presenters now? Ray Kennedy and Aengus MacGrianna are the only ones I can think of.

>Myabe she got tired of all the Trump news?
Possible but she was on almost every night at the height of it. She was practically the third host on Six One anytime something happened, which happened a lot.

>they're moving her to alternating host of the 9pm news and hosting Crimecall
>Seems like a bit of step down
I'm just surprised because it seemed she was high in RTÉ popularity even though I never liked her much. With that whole pay dispute I was expecting her to be made a figurehead of "look there's no pay gap if she's this high".
She's still young though, she'll have plenty of time to get where she wants.

You aren't doubting this person's right to adopt and raise children are you? That would be hate speech against the 34th amendment and international law. You aren't hiding any WMDs in your racist compound are you? HMMMM?

>didn't mention the phone number at all
How will people know what number to call if they have a tip for the Gardaí? You can hardly expect them to read it at the bottom of the screen like some sort of intellectual.

>With that whole pay dispute I was expecting her to be made a figurehead of "look there's no pay gap if she's this high".
To be fair, they doubled down and now we have two female hosts. Quite rare. Sky News has one 3 hour slot with 2 female hosts, but that's the only comparable situation I can think of.

>pic
Those poor, poor children.

Umm, sweaty, males are actually overrepresented in newscasting, just like every other job, because of institutionalised misogynistic patriarchy.

That's one way to scare your kids away from anything other than complete heterosexuality.

>and now we have two female hosts
I still never heard of this Keelin before today. I'd rather someone more experienced like Eileen Dunne take the main presenting role.

>Those poor, poor children.
Think of what kind of parents they probably have, this must be the tip of the iceberg for the shit they have to put up with.

>I'd rather someone more experienced like Eileen Dunne take the main presenting role.
I say we bring back Anne Doyle.

What the hell is he up to these days?

If we could bring people back then we could just bring back Dobbo and avoid this whole situation.

He's representing for the gangsters all across the world.

Heard a lot of gay voice on the bus this morning.

>the 34th amendment
How did I only realise now that that had to be intentional, seeing as the president's age being under 35 was voted on the same day and was the proposed 33rd or 35th amendment.

Don't know any Irish phone numbers and didn't want to make a fool of myself desu

>Keelin Shanley and Caitríona Perry
Christ, I don't really like either of them.
Don't hate them as such, but at the same time I don't like them. We'll see how they go, I suppose.

>another protestant

>What the hell is he up to
Was on Cutting Edge there last year for one episode, other than that I don't know.

>>another protestant
Yeah, it's actually fairly disgruntling to see how RTE was subverted by Protestant communists from the very beginning.
>prots and trots, subversive plots!

Hello losers.

Midges are out already.

Is the Six One starting with the new presenters today or waiting until next week?

Alright, Taigs.
Help me out here, watched this video and can't understand what is said at 23:23, something like "A piece of paper in one hand a few Cuprel fugel in the other".
youtube.com/watch?v=QCqPboLwa2w

What an atrocious public-speaker, he should stop jumping around and start to use gesture that actually relates to what he is saying

Not watching that gobshite but from "Cuprel fugel" I presume it's "Cúpla Focal" which is Irish for "a few words"

Thanks.
What do you have against him?

I don't support racial profiling

Sharon and Eileen Dunne do not look right sitting next to eachother.

No new presenters until January.

He's not leadership material. Not by a long shot.

Am I the only one here who watches the news but doesn't pay attention to the reader? It surprises me how much you guys notice and care about who delivers the teleprompter lines.

Yeah, he seems a bit slack jawed. But he's a damn sight better than the alternatives.

>Am I the only one here who watches the news but doesn't pay attention to the reader?
Yes. The presenters are half the fun.

>he's a damn sight better than the alternatives
Our politicians may be shit but they're better than a wannabe Hitler with no idea what he's doing.

I didn't realise the HSE forced people to retire, I thought it was just an optional thing. Seems a bit evil, doesn't it?

You'll never get the 6 counties back with this attitude.

Thanks for the tip, Cromwell.

>But he's a damn sight better than the alternatives.
Not at all. He can't even give a decent speech. Being charismatic and having decent oratory skills is almost a pre-requisite for being a right-wing leader. I'd vote for Gerry Adams before I'd vote for that tool, and I hate SF (south of the border at least).

Begorrah, think about all the potatoes you could grow in the fertile land of Ulster!

Practically all of the public sector does that once you reach a certain age.

>/r/ireland knacker atheists wreck a church in Cliften

>hate SF
Thanks for the info, Thatcher.

Sorry, but I'm not inner-city working class and I don't believe that money grows on trees.

If you mean he doesn't wax lyrical about muh perfidious albion then you're correct, but the points he raised about there not being a Union or a Republic due to tyranny of democracy and lack of enshrined natural rights resonated with me.

A 32 country Irish constitutional republic that guaranteed the rights of the Prods would be the only way to achieve lasting peace, otherwise it's just a bunch of micks bullying a handful of Anglos.

>don't believe that money grows on trees
Neither does Pearse, just for the record.
Who knows about Gerry though.

They're taking the job of a younger person by hanging on to it, so no.

Is there anything you like about SF other than their policy and emphasis on a united Ireland?

>Fianna Froggy at it again

>implying Micheál Martin is charismatic

>other than their policy and emphasis on a united Ireland
Well there is also the fact that they aren't FF or FG, the only two parties which have lead the country for the past 100 years.
Increased competition would no doubt be good for our democracy as a whole and encourages FF and FG to work harder and hopefully change themselves for the better.
Mind you, that doesn't mean I want a load of leftie and communist parties running around the place being successful.
Also I'd say they care a lot more about people in the North, and want to do more to integrate them further into Southern society, such as letting them vote in Presidential elections, perhaps giving them a Dáil seat and putting more of an emphasis in improving the economy of towns and villages on both sides of the border. Improving the economy along the border could be a good step towards a UI.
The Catalonia incident has also planted the smallest seed of doubt in my mind with regards to the EU.

>Fianna Froggy
I would like to reiterate my support for this exquisite phrase.

Also FF and FG constantly battering SF for IRA stuff wrecks my head. Our generation by and large doesn't care about what the IRA did and I'm sure plenty of people support them, even if it is in a sort of memey "up the ra'" kind of way.
Maybe our parents and grandparents give a shit, and it is easy to frigthen and corale them but I'd rather they tried to debate SF on the issues rather than the past and the IRA.

>I would like to reiterate my support for this exquisite phrase.
I don't like nicknames being created on the grounds of baseless accusations.

Was this game any good?

>baseless accusations
Still a nice name, FF.

>game any good
No idea, just saw some images of it on Sup Forums.

Left out Munster since you said you were redoing it.
Also 11/10 with the Supermacs cup.

The German "coastline".

>Well there is also the fact that they aren't FF or FG, the only two parties which have lead the country for the past 100 years.
Increased competition would no doubt be good for our democracy as a whole and encourages FF and FG to work harder and hopefully change themselves for the better.
Very true. It continues to surprise me how most of the country seem happy for FF and FG to rule for eternity.

>Mind you, that doesn't mean I want a load of leftie and communist parties running around the place being successful.
Don't knock it until you've tried it.

>such as letting them vote in Presidential elections, perhaps giving them a Dáil seat
I'd be hesitant towards such a move, particularly in the Dáil. I don't believe those who don't pay tax here should have a say in the running of the country.

>emphasis in improving the economy of towns and villages on both sides of the border
It would be nice to have a government with greater concern for local economies anywhere outside of the pale for a change. I don't know much about the border areas but the constituents always seem to claim they feel ignored and isolated from the rest of the country. I suppose that's what they get for voting SF over the ruling parties.

>The Catalonia incident has also planted the smallest seed of doubt in my mind with regards to the EU.
It's disappointing but I didn't expect them to act any differently.

What do you think of their general attitudes towards high earners? In their most recent alternative budget they suggested a 7% levy being stuck onto every income higher than 100k which seems extreme.

Its not our fault 2/3 of our coastline is now gone

Yes it is. You shouldn't have lost the war, especially to the Soviets.

Is Mortal Kombat X worth getting for €13?

>€

How's that pound doing?

>don't believe those who don't pay tax here should have a say in the running of the country
One seat in the Dáil is essentially nothing though, merely a token seat. In return we drum up discussion in NI and give people a day to go out and vote every couple of years.
Makes them feel more involved in the running of the Republic, and this is important so we reverse this trend of people from a nationalist or Catholic background being "satisfied" with remaining in the union.
I by and large agree with your idea that people outside of the country shouldn't be allowed to vote in major elections. Wouldn't perhaps mind it too much if we brought in an emigrant tax, which I would like to hear some proposals on.
Or perhaps some mechanism for recouping costs from graduates who have decided to leave the country straight away without contributing to the Irish economy, especially now that we are crying out for medical staff, STEM workers and so on.
>attitudes towards high earners
Possibly a bit heavy handed. For the record I'm not trying to paint SF as the most economically stable or economically intelligent party.
I think FF and FG think they can lie to the Irish public on economic matters or make mistakes and believe people won't notice them, see the fiscal space in last years election campaign and the "we're not a tax haven and we don't have any loopholes so that is why we changed the law in 2015 to remove some loopholes".
Can see why FF and FG would treat people like fools though, most Irish people are when it comes to politics, me included.

Satisfying,cool,quenching,refreshing

>Don't knock it until you've tried it.
Other countries have already tried it for us. It's shit.

Bedder dan eurs, to be sure, to be sure.

Prefer the euro desu. The Punt was pegged to the British pound.

fuck off

And the Euro is pegged to a protectionist bloc centred in Brussels, what's your point?

Britian is pegged BY Muslims

The euro is performing better than the pound though, which is impressive for a currency that's used in 19 countries as opposed to one. What's your point?

Taigland is pegged by Nigerians, what's your point?

The UK has more Nigerians than Ireland.

>economy in the toilet
>talks badly about anyone else's

>euro is performing better than the pound
>during brexit
Woah, that's a huge achievement. Is it also performing better than the Somali currency?

That pic makes me laugh no matter how many times I see it.

Today I will remind them of the finest of British literature.

>>during brexit
As it will continue to do after brexit.

>the pound is doing badly during to a crisis the British people imposed on themselves
>the better-performing Euro is somehow worse for some undisclosed reason
>mfw

Seems fairly reasonable, I find most parties in this country tend to mix the good and the bad which is why I've never had a particularly close affinity with one. Would you consider yourself a bit of a floating voter?

>Wouldn't perhaps mind it too much if we brought in an emigrant tax, which I would like to hear some proposals on.
I think we're some way off that. This reminded me of Mary Mitchell O'Connor's proposal last year to reward emigrants who left the country with a 30% tax break upon return. I found it a bit surreal that we were using the carrot rather than the stick with people like that. Our diaspora are usually a very entitled bunch so any effort to force them to pay into a country they wish for voting rights in would probably be met with stern resistance and sob stories.

>Can see why FF and FG would treat people like fools though, most Irish people are when it comes to politics
Suppose we have the media the blame for that, they've usually been known to favour the establishment parties so don't delve into their dealings with any great fervor.

>during to a
FF please.

We also have way more people than you.
What the hell happened to all your lads? They all seem to have wandered off at some point in the 19th century.
Would you rather be a stable country waving an EU flag or an unstable country waving an Irish flag? If you pick the former you don't deserve to call yourself Irish.

I'm pretty sure I don't make any of these typos and instead the infernal anglo internet is manipulating my posts.

>Would you rather be a stable country waving an EU flag or an unstable country waving an Irish flag?
I don't see why I'd ever be in a situation where I'd need or want to wave a European flag. Granted, I don't often wave Irish flags either.

>Mitchell O'Connor's proposal last year to reward emigrants who left the country with a 30% tax break upon return
>go to Australia for the Summer
>claim you're moving there
>come back a few months later
>get tax break

You already do.

>I don't often wave Irish flags

I'm pretty sure I don't.

I only own the flag of my county.

>Would you consider yourself a bit of a floating voter
Yes, though there are some parties I probably will never vote for. As an amphibian who makes a lot of spelling mistakes once said, it's a bit silly to limit yourself to only one party, which is even more true when there are so many poor to mediocre options in this country.
>sob stories
Feel like we've had a few too many of these in the past couple of months. A lot of opinions and social decisions made based on them, such as rape, child abuse, trackers to a lesser degree, homelessness and a few others.

>don't often wave Irish flags
Neither do I, but as I said, lack of loyalty desu...

What's for dinner?
Hanging somewhere or stowed away for future GAA games?

You do though, as a nation.

>Hanging somewhere or stowed away for future GAA games?
I have one stowed away and one draped somewhere in my bedroom at my parents house.

I see two flags there - it's not a case of one or the other. I should really stop indulging you in your game of stirring shit.