Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader...

>Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you enough clairvoyance to find the rebels' hidden fortress.

>Sure I was in my early twenties during the Clone Wars and considering my rank most likely fought in them and can personally remember when thousands of Jedi were using their devotion to that ancient religion to mega flip and magically conjure up shit all over the galaxy as intergalactic sorcerer cops. Hell, I even remember when the Jedi were an officially recognized political organization whose headquarter was located in a gigantic government building on the capital planet across the street from the Intergalactic Senate where the Jedi were called upon by the Senate frequently to use their mystical sorceress powers to lend aid in conflicts and political issues but that won't stop me from being dismissive of the existence of supernatural powers!

...and he was a good friend.

>implying George know anything about Star Wars

so what was vaders rank? was he just some body guard/pilot or something? why was he getting punked by some random officer?

havent watching disney star wars yet.

Not to be a continuityfag or anything but this guy did experience the Jedi order being caught totally off guard and falling hard because their ability to sense shit had been fucked with by Sheev's dark side power.

Also it seems that although the Sith are known to the audience, the general in-movie public doesn't know about them and just lumps all Jedi into one group. Which points to regular members of the military not knowing what happened and just assuming that Sheev is merely emperor because of his time as Chancellor instead of being a Sith Lord. Also the Jedi seem to have been implicated in some kind of treasonous plot where the burned off the beloved Chancellor's face before getting absolutely BTFO.

TL;DR the guy who says that doesn't know how the Jedi ate shit in detail he just saw them take an incredible fall. It's reasonable for him to assume Jedi Force shit doesn't real.

It's like Lucas didn't even watch the prequels before Disney hired him

>vaders rank
Lord.

Although his position often seems analogous to a political officer in the Red Army.

Fuck George Lucas

George lucas is a hack. but you already know that dont you?

>Although his position often seems analogous to a political officer in the Red Army.
Or some kind of Reichsmarschal like Herman Goering rank.

You can prove the Jedi existed, what you can't prove is that they had magic powers.

Why is this scene so hard for people to understand?

Of course the officers knew about the Jedi and the Force, Vader and the Emperor persecuted the Jedi and they were forced out of power. For all intents and purposes, the officers pribably dont even know the Emperor is a Sith. Imagine someone saying today to Russia "dont try and frighten us with your sorcerer's ways and your archaic communism" . Basically the officer is saying that religion was defeated and is out of date etc.

>he doesn't doubt the force is real
>just says it isn't practical

Why is that so hard to understand?

>Lord
so an "honorary" rank with no meaning?

>and considering my rank most likely fought in them and can personally remember when thousands of Jedi were

that's quite a stretch. and even if he did see Jedi using their force powers what he probably remembers most is how they got blown the fuck out and nearly annihilated, followed by two decades of whatever anti-jedi propaganda sheev was pushing out

That meme is stupid : He isn't saying that the jedis never existed, but he's saying their magic is useless.
And he's kinda right when you see how the jedis were completely BTFO.

watch the whole scene again
it's quite obvious that he's just being an arrogant little shit trying to pull rank
hence why no one in the room is at all surprised or shocked

fucking memesters

It never made sense to me that he mouthed off to Vader in the first place before they even made the prequels. WTF dude look at that guy, what are you thinking

>You're in the club and this guy slaps your girlfriends ass what do you do

>Don't try to frighten us with your saucy ways, Lord Vader.

What did he mean by this?

Before ESB he was basically Tarkin's subordinate or at the very least equal.

Vader = SS, or political commissar

For the last f*cking time,

The. Prequels. Are. Not. Canon.

Vader is the equivalent of Steve Bannon, maybe a peg down.

How dies the Empire even know anything was stolen?

Communication from Scarrif was blocked entirely until the dish was re-aligned and then it was immediately blown up. There's no conceivable way that someone went to the storage bank, referenced what original tape was missing from the archive, ran all the way up to the dish and transmitted the message between the time Jan transmits it and its blown up.

>The Empire are white supremacists goy!

>Emperors previous apprentice was a demonic alien

anyone else hate jews?

The data tapes had force triggers that sent out a disturbance in the force when they were taken out outside of proper protocol

Raddus knew, and as far as we know, he was in Imperial custody

I think at some point in the movie one of the imperials mentions large amounts of data being sent to the rebel ship

>You're in the club and this guy slaps your girlfriends ass what do you do
Ask him if he wants any death sticks

You are an idiot OP. He doesn't deny his power, he just says he doesn't give a fuck. "Your sorcerer's ways" shows that he knows Vader's a real space wizard. He simply doesn't think that they're very helpful for their current needs.

he was the top enforcer, but had very little say in policy.

Jedi were already dieing off the in prequels. 500 years before TPM there were like 10 000 of them, there were maybe 500 by the start of TPM

They were basically legends by the time Sheev took power. Some believed in them, some (like this guy) thought they were exaggerations.

It would be like if someone told you they were a member of a secret organisation that Hercules and Achilles and King Arthur had all been members of

He doesn't have an official rank because there's just one of him. He's in that position because of his ties to the Emperor. He works with people like Tarkin, and seems to respect Tarkin, but there's not a formal rank for Vader

Correct. Vader wasn't an official rank.

>le sardonic le Staur Wars fans analyzes the plot holes in his film made for children

true. if anything someone would have to ask Jack Kirby or marvel and DCs 4th world comics for the real answers.

somebody post the "hadoken" copypasta

that pretty much sums it up.

He was just a contractor. He got mega cucked by sheevy

>dieing

Holy shit go back to school you complete fucking retard.

Did you not see the red line underneath it when you were finished typing?

Dying. The word is dying.

We all know Shaolin Monks and Navy Seals exist.

How how many stories about their feats seem unbelievable? How much is real and how much is hype?

I thinm the guy just thinks Jedi are just all hype.

I don't know bud, but people in 2017 still deny climate change. Cognitive dissonance likely exists in Star Wars.

KOO NEE TANG
IT AIN'T ME

The gap between the fall of the Jedi and the present was not stated in ANH. The film more or less worked under the assumption from the earlier drafts, which stated that it was about 50 years.

The gap being 18 years, and Chewie meeting Yoda despite laughing at the force, are later addition by a man who never gave a fuck about continuity.

>head-canonfags
LOL

Someone actually got triggered enough by the word dieing that they wrote four lines in response. These are the sort of people you're speaking to on Sup Forums

Back to plebbit

He's the emperors problem solver

He was humanoid enough.

Remember that groups like Nazis have a racial hiearchy and consider East Asians equals and Honorary Aryans.

High Human Culture is demonstrated by how all Imperials are white guys with usually posh accnets.

Just wait for Disney to remake the original trilogy. They've already created 2 different Star Wars universes with their shenanigans.

>Censoring yourself
Fuck off.

Holy shit what if the empire was modeled after the Soviets instead of the Nazis

>Comrade Party Chairperson Palpatine, we have located the rebel base
>Comrade Tarkin, remember there are no rebels, only decadent capitalist agents spreading their Hutt sedition among our prosperous and beautiful world of Coruscant
>Of course Chairperson Palpatine, your observations are very astute and penetrating
>Now Comrade Tarkin, send in the first wave of the Glorious People's Interstellar militia. 10,000,000 to start.

Because Vader tried to catch Leia, didn't Nd reported back to the Death Star and told Tarkin. Vader definitely saw those rebel goons passing the plans around when he was chopping them.

He doesn't really have an Imperial rank persay, he's a Sith Lord. As the apprentice of the Emperor, it goes without saying that he might be entitled to the run of certain aspects of the Empire, but he doesn't officially command anything except his own personal guard and brigades and his voice doesn't hold any weight in a boardroom full of actual high-ranking Imperial Officers.

Sup Forums is thataway faggot

>>>/reddit/

wtf i love the sith now

There were about 10,000 Jedi in a Galaxy of trillions and trillions of people. It's likely that most people had never even heard of Jedi, let alone seen one.

Imagine if the President of the United States's second in command was a Druid and he sent this Druid to be his representative in matters of governance and this Druid would go on constantly about how Morrigan and Cerunos were more powerful than nuclear weapons.

>What did he mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

i thought the empire was the US government, and the rebels were like wikileaks and shit? thats why they did the whole data leaking plot lul

imagine being a military commander who knows the importance of tactical advantage and military secrecy. now imagine being the same guy and growing up in a time where there were super soldiers who could see the future, and being told at least one of them is trying to attack your space station

He's an atheist OP. They like to deny God in this universe too.

He's like a really juiced up non-commissioned officer.

In fact, the reason that we don't have high ranking officers without commisions is probably that a free floating colonel or general without clearly defined duties would be a danger to the high level chain of command.

Even so, Admiral Motti gets the Imperial Brass Balls Commendation ribbon for talking to Vader like that.

Tarkin telling Vader to knock it off is also fairly bold.

so if he's a made guy and Motti was a made guy what right does vader has to kill him? i dont know senpai you got to keep the rules

This