Obligatory RT thread for Ghost in the Shell

I'm surprised it's doing even this well so far...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d1In78YppuA
youtube.com/watch?v=hSiS93UYNuc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Female led film gets over 60% on rt.
I'm shocked.

so basically it's exactly what we thought it was going to be:
It's a passable-shitty story with fantastic visuals and maybe a cool iconic scene

'Anime to live action hollywood' is a very short list, currently consisting of Dragonball Evolution, and this. It can't possibly be worse than Dragonball Evolution.

Isn't there a Deathnote movie and a Rorouni Kenshin?

lurk more

Welcome to everything that weta workshop has been involved with post district 9

There's a Netflix Death Note movie coming soon. There are many, many decent live action anime adaptations that came out of Japan, but Hollywood's never really tried.

Arguably, the closest they've gotten is Pacific Rim and that's not actually based on anything.

It's gonna drop.

It looks like it will be a great visual film

PAY MONEY TO SEE IT! I WANT A GOOD BOX OFFICE.

It could be possible for them to do a Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence movie with an older Batou played by Ron Perlman.

>Arguably, the closest they've gotten is Pacific Rim
I hate giant robots fighting each other. idk how anyone can be interested in that

SPEED RACER YOU FUCKING PLEB

Y'know what? It's not often you'll see this on the internet, but man, I was fucking wrong as fuck. I forgot Speed Racer. I apologise.

for a sec I believed I was looking at the actual scene and thought "awful"

THEY CANNOT GET AWAY WITH THIS

Well good thing it's about robots fighting monsters from a different dimension.

get me the job where you lovingly caress the cameraman

also that casting of Batou is unforgivable, was Ron Perlman busy or something?

>6 reviews
>2 negs
>4 positives
It'll at breakneck speed when the embargo lifts. Critics won't miss the chance to look woke.

Ron Perlman is like 70 fucking years old.

he's too old

Section 9 is doing a reality TV show in the movie.

>3 of the Positive Scores are from Top Critics
I honestly don't think the score will drop that much, Top Critic reviews nowadays usually don't sway much from the average critic score.

Armond's review when?

I remember a time I thought ScarJo only did good movies, then she became generic action flick heroine.

When does the review embargo lift?

>6 reviews

why can't you faggots just fucking wait

I like S.A.C. 1st/2nd Gig & S.S.S. more than the original G.I.T.S. film, Innocence was also superior in my opinion, even if only for Basset Hound & Batou. I'm too much of a beach to see this adaptation for fear of shuddering at its bastardisation of the source material. I seem like a hipster, probably, and maybe am one, but I really would prefer that hollywood would wholly stop trying to adapt Japanese intellectual properties altogether already.

71% now

It's fun if done properly. Pacific Rim wasn't, it just made a dumb concept even dumber.

Not technically anime, but Edge of Tomorrow(All You Need is Kill) was pretty good.

I'm excited to see it.

what happens if one of the camera guys farts

:)

which is why he will work in a sequel set 50 years after the events of the first movie. Someone email this idea to the film company or director of Scarjo's Ghost in the Shell.

He isn't a well known director so I am sure his email address should be easy enough to find.

PLEASE DO IT

Change.org and kickstarter could help

>yfw this does well enough for (((them))) to finally shit a live-action Evangelion movie into theaters

>I need a full on cyber-arm to be the best barkeep in town!!

>character walks into a bar
>seductive woman star at him as he walks past them
I like this trope

>likes series more than the first film
>likes Innocence more
>likes Basset Hound and Batou
GOAT taste lad.

NOT BEFORE WE GET AN ANIMATRIX ADAPTION

Seriously exploring the world of the Matrix without Neo is great fun. Why haven't they done it yet?

>yfw Shinji is an awkward highschool nobody who gets taken in by NERV to act as their long shot pilot to kill the "devils", at first he is timid but then gets gung ho and wants to pilot the eva, and the final battle is him version a horrid CGI devil leader Lilith

I just want to see this succeed so we can get more weeb adaptations.
A Phantom Blood film, if done right, would save hollywood.

What does a cameraman puller make in a year?

Is this a Jojo reference?

Anyone seeing this in 3D?

Kinda think it would be better, no?

It's not funny. Being a camerman is hard work to get the speed just right.

Director may say move 50% back or 80% back and you gotta know to get the shot just perfect.

>go on yt
>almost every ad I see is of GITS movie
>they always highlight SSSCAAARJOOO above all else in all of 'em
wtfsmfhtbqbfsthtoobeeonnestladzzz

She's the only well know star.

Batou needed more screen time in the trailer. Actor aside, he's the main guy right behind her but eh I guess they were trying to make this a personal Scarjo flick with the previews.

Still judging by bits of the trailer, we shall see a lot of him do some stuff that doesn't just evolve Scarjo hopefully.

I'm going to a 4:00 session so nah no 3D but you should

It's almost as if she's a star and playing the main character of the movie

>"Well at least you were right about one thing Major... the Ghost was in the Shell"

>"It's a Batou bargains for public credits, gets annoyed when credits aren't accepted and shoots people down episode"

>Its another Togusa episode, episode

why is RT so overrated? is just a a page filled of pseudocritcs with god complex

HOT

hey, nobody likes a wiseass you wiseass unless they do like wiseasses in which case they would not dislike a wiseass such as your wiseassed self wiseass

>There are many, many decent live action anime adaptations that came out of Japan

Name three. You're full of shit, user. The Japanese are EVEN WORSE at live-action than Hollywood! People shit on Hollywood but the best live-action anime is STILL Speed Racer. And that's by a fucking mile.

>he doesn't know that female lead action films almost always get at least 60s

Thanks I think

Speed Racer is terrible.

I get Books and Comics and shit because you're changing the medium but why on Earth would anyone want a movie adaption of a another movie?

There isn't one single thing they could add to the premise by making it live action if anything its more limiting

Actually it's very good.

And better than anything Japan has churned out. Their movies are Syfy tier.

I actually expected this scene to happen:

youtube.com/watch?v=d1In78YppuA

Because it's not directly adapting that movie, and adaption gives you a different take on similar material.

Could be a throwback to Ratz the bartender in Neuromancer who was described as having a very obvious prosthetic

doubt it tho, but at least it means there's precedent

I don't think you watched it. I'd accept you not liking it but to call it terrible? Nah nigga, you phony. And you didn't name any good Japanese live-action.

>Actually it's very good.
No it's not, every performance in that movie was shit, the CGI was shit, the pacing was shit, the racing was shit. The entire movie was crap.

>And better than anything Japan has churned out.
I'm not that guy you were talking to by the way, so I don't disagree with this, but that movie is fucking awful.

KYS.

I wish, but i doubt it.
They probably just went with EVERYBODY IS A CYBORG!!

I liked JP live action Yamato, the recent Kenshin movie (I haven't seen parts 2-3 though) and remember the two Death Note movies being fine (and having a far better ending than the manga jumping the shark)

>x was shit
>y was shit
>everything was shit
yeah alright jay sherman, how about articulating a little

>kinocheck
pretty sure the movie will be kino as fuck.

I actually see those films brought up whenever this discussion happens. I in fact expected those answers. I need to add them to my watch list. I gave up on live action anime a few years back.

I agree it's extremely unlikely, but like I say, at least it creates precedent

Batou is probably going to end up being cooler than the Major here.

>people aren't allowed to criticize my shit taste in movies so I'll just nitpick against the usage of this one word and call it a day

Batou is a much more interesting character than the major, unfortunately, he's not the primary protagonist.
Most members of Section 9 along with most episodic characters in S.A.C., are more intriguing than her, honestly.
Jungle Cruise and AG20 are Batoukino.
I wish there'd been more Batou-centric episodes.
Also, he has great taste in cars.

NANA and the Detroit Metal City movie were 10/10 you normie trash pleb.

it's not nitpicking to highlight the fact your "criticism" literally only consisted of calling things shit with no further elaboration

she kind of had a good run

What is there to really elaborate? The acting was poor, the movie's CGI is actually really bad and if you try arguing against that you're actually stupid.

Like, if you actually think this shit looks good you might need to get your eyes checked.
youtube.com/watch?v=hSiS93UYNuc

The plot was extremely bland, and that was probably the best part about the movie. The pacing was all over the place and the ost was forgettable. also the humor was really poorly handled. Every time someone tried doing, or saying, something humorous I wanted to turn off the movie.

Seriously, the movie is shit. You can stop pretending to like it.

I want to watch GitS

I kind of hope it's successful enough to warrant a lower budget sequel and then these faggots listen to all the fan/critical criticism and make a movie that appeases our pseudo intellectualism. I think that would be the second best scenario.

Too soon to tell, can easily go down 20% once it comes out.
Cromartie bro.

I'm waiting for his review. Do you fags think he has watched Oshiikino?

Forgot the pic

George Miller's Speed Racer when?

I don't know who that is, but he looks eerily similar to Brent Newhall. Just giggle Brent Newhall, he does animoo reviews and other related stuff on his joogewgleteub channels.

That's Mark Kermode you faggot.

Transformers

APOLOGIZE

>togusa is the most "white" looking character in GitS
>make sure to cast an asian since its only a supporting role

You can do better than that

Don't be mad. Does everybody in exist know of him other than me?
>yfw goin' Kermit mode 'cause I don't know 'bout the Kermode

I love giant robots fighting each other. idk how anyone can not be interested in that

>I forgot Speed Racer.
You're probably better off for it, user, don't feel bad.

Kevin Beacon?

>Most white looking character
>Not Batou