I want an actual reason why this movie isn't a piece of shit. No memes or bullshit...

I want an actual reason why this movie isn't a piece of shit. No memes or bullshit, just please explain to me why this board jerks off to this movie.

It is literally one person samefagging their shill for it. No one likes it.

snyder's use of cinematic form in telling a story about the myth of these characters

the only thing that irks me is some of the reliance on shot reverse and the shortness of some of the scenes

Taking it that seriously makes no sense to me because the conceptual ideas of DC characters are far more outlandish than Marvel's. Heck, they inhabit make-believe places. The sky was the limit and they decided to get existential instead of just making enjoyable, memorable flicks. People want a fun night out when seeing a cartoon movie, not a reminder of the awful reality they live in, which explains why the DC movies are panned by most non-fans.

Like Sup Forums, Sup Forums is paranoid about marketing and believes there is an artificial campaign to make people think DC films are shit by Disney.

We did this a million times already, make an original thread faggot. Sage goes in the options field cunts

no idea

Sucker Punch is the real Snyderkino

DC Batman fan here. BvS leaves so much backstory out that it is nothing but a "The World hates Superman" movie.

>No backstory to how Wayne Manor got destroyed
>Where is Joker during events of this movie
>No backstory to Robin's death
btw the Batman movie isnt being made for a while because Affleck has just come out of rehab so we will be waiting 5+ years for these answers.

Im not OP, but it sounds like youre just giving another meme reply.

BvS is no good.

>and believes there is an artificial campaign to make people think DC films are shit by Disney.
But it's true though. Go and read everything about Suicide Squad. There is nothing but negativity from articles.

you're a brainlet

god damn there are multiple threads each day about this kino. I like it and everything but its been over a year, why are you fuckers still talking about it?

It was a bad movie though. Is there a conspiracy against Bayformers and shit like that? Those movies constantly get shit on in pop culture.

Well I prefer Suicide Squad over BvS any day

Arrested development, brainlet capefags want admission to the true cinema critic table without watching anything else. Really pathetic shit. It's why they lean heavy on Almond White, he's actually extremely well watched and well read. That's their crutch so they themselves never need to be cultured, they just parade around their comic book movie like the Emperor's New Clothes, and if you think they're naked, "you just don't understand," or you're a Mouse shill.

Like MLP shit, it started ironic, but irony never lasts on this fucking site.

I've seen and hated both but I would actually agree with you on this one. I almost fell asleep watching BvS.

DC wanted to bring about the team via Superman's death...why?

Marvel brought the team together via four movies, and it worked. Coulson's death brought the Avengers together.

Luthor had been spying on Metas, but now that Bruce and Diana know, why exactly are they supposed to join the team, other than because they're supposed to? What exactly brings a Speedster, a cyborg, and the King of Atlantis together to become a team?

personally i do not buy into a distinction between 'srs' and 'not srs'

none of what you're saying would make a rational argument against any movie

what i personally find 'fun' is when people in the arts don't hold anything back

Just because you can suffer through French New Wave doesn't give you magic cinema powers. BvS is a legitimately good movie, it along with MoS are the Godfather 1 & 2 of our era.

sounds like you're just giving me another meme reply

bvs is good
the extent to which the scenes relate to each other through repeating visual patterns(constant juxtaposition, constant use of angles in frame to reveal new information, succinct delivery of information) is fascinating, as well as the relationship between the dialogue and the things that happen on screen, i can't think of any other movie that has played with the line between the literal and figurative to the extent that bvs has

>bvs is good
no :^)

Affleck is gonna be old as fuck by then

Because it is a truly shitty movie

>no :^)
yes :*

basically what this user said
Plus the fact that it's visually gorgeous and has a lot of clever dialogue

It fumbles in a couple of places and when it does it fumbles hard but I think it's a much more ambitious movie than anything Marvel has ever put out and I think it should be commended for that

let's take into context what Snyder's tasks are, He is given a task to create a film :

1) an origin movie for Justice League
a) this will include scenes and character development for Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman
b) have the 3 team up to serve as a basis for Justice League - obviously this has to be a super villain since how can any human stand against 3 superheroes?
c) have that super villain be engineered by a human to serve its origin and for connecting with the human personas of Superman and Batman

2. have a continuity to Superman's actions after the Man of Steel - this includes the political aspects of having an uncontrollable god exist in the presence of humans and its spiritual implications as well

3. Introduce Batman and relate him to Superman

4. Be distinctly different from Marvel movies - tackle the serious side of having heroes among us

Given this ginormous task, it’s amazing how Snyder was able to make it all work in his film. To cover all this points would take about 4 - 4 1/2 hours and I feel that if given the freedom Snyder would have done it so. A task of this magnitude would have failed Kubrick but Snyder has done it, although we admit this is not his best work but I would have loved to see what he could have done in a 6 hour epic Director's cut of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice™.

I'm excited to see more of Snyder's work. I'm not trolling I really do. Even his adaptation of The Fountainhead, but I really wish I could see it in Snyder's intended form. Not getting cut down to what the studio wants. A 6 hour Fountainhead and Justice League and see it in Snyder's vision would be amazing to see.

>you know what'd be a good trick? Emails

dude, BvS and SS got negative pres day fucking zero. news about production problems, actors unsatisfied, writers leaving etc. Meanwhile, Dr Quip only had positive news all throughout not a pip of negative press. You fucking tell me there's no hate against DC

It was hilarious SS beating Dr Quip even with China pandering though lol

We're in a world were Rogue One got an 85%, despite the first 2/3rd's of the movie being a completely snooze-fest with flat, boring, half asleep characters.

Hilarious that Chris Cuckmann was one of the only "critics" to point this out.

I'm not terribly surprised BVS got such low reviews, it's viewed as overly dark and gritty - DC's half assed attempt to bootstrap a cinematic universe in two movies. The "Martha" scene which Sup Forums memers love to point out made complete sense and the scene worked out as intended. Memers are purposefully obtuse because they want this movie, and all of DC's half assed efforts to die in a fire.

the problem with trying to blame WB for the DCEU is snyder, when in full creative control, makes even worse movies.

FUCK OFF WITH THIS PASTA YOU'RE NOT HELPING ANYONE
fucking hell is it always the same person too? posting this irrelevant ass pasta as if it proves anything other than your inability to have an improvised conversa-

user pls

not an argument. DC wanted to catch up to Marvel they rushed the DCEU. Snyder had to do what was ordered to him. Gutting the movie didn't help

>It was hilarious SS beating Dr Quip even with China pandering though lol
literal pandering to the PRC
and yeah, straight up, dc gets negative 'press' for anything, yet other movies will not get the same negative press even for the exact same things

Congratz you just learned that there is no empirical way to measure movies and so you can know give your opinion of the movie. Or you can keep saying "Not and Argument" to people

not an argument? you mean the pasta that isn't relevant to the thread?
no one here is asking about what's happening behind the scenes bro

it is a reply to shortness of the scenes. I'm pretty sure Snyder made something like a 4 hour to fit everything but editing had to cut some parts here and there to shorten it for release.

the fact still remains. dc wanted to catch up, rushed their universe instead of slow building it like marvel, they had to get out their "avengers" movie asap and time their "infinity" the same time as marvel does

The other guy makes a bunch of claims that don't hold up, "people homogeneously want x, therefore movie bad because not x"

x here being so vague and meaningless its funny to me that this 'argument' isn't a common joke

>the fact still remains. dc wanted to catch up, rushed their universe instead of slow building it like marvel, they had to get out their "avengers" movie asap and time their "infinity" the same time as marvel does
got any sources on this?

the batman/superman fight concept has existed well before any 'cinematic universes'

I like it because it's capeshit with giant monster fights (which I like) but it's not a colorful marvel quip fest.

I'm just sick of the marvel formula and this is a breath of fresh air, and Affleck is best batman.

Also the ultimate edition was legit fucking fantastic.

when it came out, Sup Forums hated it
then they found out reddit hated it too, and since Sup Forums is entirely contrarian memesters, they started to love it
then you have all the people who mistakingly think that Sup Forums ironically loving this shit movie isn't actually irony
this happens for pretty much everything

i'm talking about the film. Batman fighting Superman has long been created but inserting Wonder Woman and the other members as an introduction to the JL, and Luthor manipulating the fight to tie it all up against a big bad guy is what i'm referring to DC trying to catch up

In this age of petty Marvels, most comic-book movies merely perpetrate fantasies of power, but Snyder, enacting his personal aesthetic, braves a film that examines those fantasies. He boldly challenges popular culture’s current decay. Man of Steel was a magnificent, hugely satisfying response to what’s often missing in pop culture, and Batman v Superman raises more ideas without (yet) resolving them. An attempt to invoke other superheroes from the DC Comics stable, starting with Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot, accompanied by tribal drums that recall Snyder’s overawed feminist fantasia, Sucker Punch), ultimately goes unfulfilled. And Snyder, obliged to placate the Marvel hordes, lets a couple of fight scenes devolve into Avengers-trite turmoil.

Still, the equation of moral myth and contemporary political catastrophe marks an important advance. Snyder intends to resolve the conflict between commerce and art, power and morality. “Knowledge with no power is paradoxical,” one character says. “Man made a world where standing together is impossible,” frets another. With Batman v Superman, the battle for the soul of American culture is on.

false narrative
the discussion threads here had more traction than anywhere else

Literally /our guy/

This. In this last few months the marvel shills got BTFO so hard by Sup Forums intellectuals and our Oscar winning movie caused their death.

the lex and doomsday stuff makes sense as a continuation of mos

and in no way are those literal teasers "introduction" to the jl, the JL trailers themselves literally show that that movie has actual introductions to the characters

batman and superman could have been fighting about anything else, it didn't have to involve lex's machinations or wonder woman meddling. also when was the jl trailers made? the member intros were in the email scene were cut from theatrical release

I can tell you why it's shit OP, none of the characters are given development for us to care about them except for maybe batman but even his arc was weak.

Superman is basically the same character from the beginning of the movie till he dies, hell he's the exact same character since MoS.

Wonder Woman was shoehorned in.

Batman is the only real change character, but it was a very on off change, no real build up. At least in dkr, Bale's grief from Rachael leads him to losing everything, making it that much more rewarding when he "rises".

In BvS afleck heads down a linear course until he's triggered and now he's on supermans side all of a sudden. You can make an argument that it works, but then the following battle and supermans death takes away from any sort of emotional impact superman and batman's was supposed to have.

Also having lex Luthor in movie as a build up character muddles the story even more. The movie would have been a lot better if instead it focused more on batman as being the main antagonist and slowly going insane on his quest for revenge until he finally finds reason, leaving lex in the background.

tl;dr

Suicide squad was good, nothing more.
I enjoyed the scenes where they showed each character's background and the action scenes were okay.

The stupid thing was making a love thing between enchatress and flag and also putting the joker out there and him only being in the movie for like 15 minutes. I'm pretty sure everyone was expecting him to either lead or in someway mess with the Suicide squad.

I think the justice league will answer your questions. It's pretty obvious from the trailers.

during mos snyder thought about the possibility of a post credit scene where kryptonite gets delivered to wayne manor

there is an inherent tension between the characters, and in no way would they ever make a movie where one defeats the other, if anything there's nothing else but to at least include luthor in the story in more than a small way

those little teasers were made during bvs production, they're in the theatrical

Joker was shit, he literally did nothing. He was like boba Fett, he was there to look cool but had no real character himself. They show him having an orgasm with a bunch of knives in a circle around him and then the only scene where he is involved in conflict is him shooting a machine gun. He was implied to be crazy but really was just another thug.

Also he gave a dude a lap dance, I mean I guess that would be creepy...

Hi chris, did you remember to tell that to zods snapped neck?

Fucking this.

I get that it might not be for everybody, but I love it and think it does a masterful job of transcending its genre. This isn't a "cape" movie. It's not a movie based on a comic book story. It's uniquely its own thing, like a live-action comic-book without thought bubbles. These characters have thoughts and emotions that they convey like actual people.

Not everything is spelled out. It's there to be found by fans or disregarded by non-fans. It's a monster-budget love letter to actual comics fans and it's a blue-eyed miracle it was ever even made.

>Superman - Contrast.jpg
"hamfisted"
yet the whole movie has these things carefully woven throughout, the only thing i wish snyder would do is fully jump into the moment by moment delivery of information in ways that comic books very typically don't, since they mostly jump from point to point

I'm really excited to see what he brings us with Justice League, Maybe the studio will realize that they sabotaged themselves with BvS's theatrical cut and back the hell off. Snyder knows what he's doing - basically giving us the LotR of cape movies, complete with its own mythology and world-building.

Still holding out hope for prehistoric Supergirl, too.There's no way that empty pod on the scoutship doesn't have a pay-off.

>Nanananaanana I'm not listening I'm not listening.

Snyder already did his lotr, these are his hobbit movies

Why does this movie bother you people so much

I disagree, but to each his own.

he's already implied a connection between that and our own oldest mythology, which lex himself references "the basis of our myths"

hopefully zack terrio and whoever else is in their circle get to go all the way, i really think they have within them the ability to make at least the most epic movies ever made

I can't wait to see if it's more than just the Amazons, the Atlanteans, and primitive man in the Ancient War. Given who they were fighting, I kind of hope some actual gods took to the field of battle.

From what I've heard, Abin Sur's there, too.

>epic

how to spot a marketer

It looks great

>All that redditspacing for literaly no reason
Just stop living.

desu i almost did a job in sales but couldn't bring myself to incessantly close

You're an idiot, I bet you're only on 2 or 3 layers of irony.

>Comparing capeshit movies to the absolute pinnacle of kino

Someone needs the Sonny treatment over here

Then

PUT. THE COFFEE. DOWN.