I have a vehicle. I have the expertise to repaint it myself but I have no idea how to get a title for it...

I have a vehicle. I have the expertise to repaint it myself but I have no idea how to get a title for it. Google was absolutely no help

Attached: MotoCoat_Complete_3_300x300.jpg (300x300, 49K)

Is it stolen? If it’s stolen and you repaint it first remove some parts and tell someone you found it on your land, scratch the vin off of it carefully and tell them it has been sitting for a long time on your land and you don’t know where it came from. Obviously after it’s repainted, tell them you want a salvage title for it and that it’s obviously non functional with the parts inside missing, this title is really intended so you can just have the scrap company come get it but it’s perfectly fine to drive on once you replace the parts that you took out and makes it look like someone stole it chop shopped what they needed and left it on your land, leaves you with no suspicion

Attached: 290DF0C2-F457-4597-94DA-4D7C63E07381.jpg (720x785, 109K)

Sir. You are a hero

Attached: tmg-article_default_mobile.jpg (480x325, 21K)

>Google was absolutely no help
I my car theft idea.
Titles, and salvage certificates...kinda the whole point

Basically this. But the term salvage title is what you're looking for.

Obviously a bad idea. Get to know a towing company and ask them to obviously "property owner request" the car off your property but tell them you would like to file for a title on it. Then obviously pay them for their work. Expect $500. could be more depending how much they wanna rape you and how much of a Democrat state/ democratic individual you are. Obviously the best way to obtain a vehicle is to obviously file a lein on it but having a tow company do that is easier because if they are worth a shit they will *obviously* have a contact there.

Until the find one of the many places that the VIN number is hidden that you didn't even know about.
Then they find the real owner.
Search your property, and find the parts.
Then its ass rape from bubba in jail.

obviously

Attached: stupid black hole brain meme.jpg (1218x1015, 212K)

Towing companies have no ability to give you a new title, they have to have the vin number to file for a title and if you stole the car and don’t want to give out a vin especially if it was stolen recently they will be actively looking for the vin to pop up anywhere
Much better to simply “I don’t think it has a vin on it someone left it on my land and it’s been sitting for a long time I just need a title to get it scrapped and off my property”

Hell, the vin is probably in the cars computer. That's why the replacement computers ALWAYS have to be programmed by a dealer!

Inside both doors, bottom of the engine block etc locations for the vin number to be found are all readily available online so people can check their own cars just be thorough

Attached: 299C1C59-BD00-4C53-90F3-CD8EFD8D3E82.jpg (500x333, 69K)

The dmv doesn’t have the capability to check the engine computer, dealers do so they know they don’t buy a stolen car the dmv doesn’t care they just want the tax money on the new title and registration

Yeah, I'm certain that all VIN # locations are disclosed to the public. Is bet your ass in it. KEK

>I'd bet your ass on it.

So they can get it off the computer as a last resort then?

thank you very much for real

Police investigating a found vehicle might

The position of vin numbers is public ally available for the reasons I posted above, if a car has been sitting in the yard for ten years and all labeling has rotted or rusted off the other locations are where you have to check just be thorough file off any identifying marks and sand that area down with sand paper

Why the fuck would you want to paint or even fuck around with a car that old?!

I've seen them under the seatbelt mounts, but hey, you keep livin' your dream

The sheer amout of disassembly to find all the vin numbers on a 10+ year old car, seem like it wouldn't be worth it unless it was something rare or collectable

No shit. But if a nigger thinks he can just file "salvage title" for a vehicle without a vin then they are fucking stupid. I work for a towing company. If you dont have a vin you're shit out of luck. If it's stolen. The ONLY way to proceed is to clone the car but even at that why not save your money and be legal. I'm amused y'all know so much about cars,vins, and *obviously* how shit works. I was mocking this goy for saying *obviously* what felt like too many times in a row.

i wish i was smart enough to white person steal

Attached: 0d8.jpg (596x739, 23K)

Attached: 1563299248664.jpg (949x912, 156K)

Don't be fucking stupid. You have to get it inspected. The VIN is on the registration, and under the windshield glass, among other places like door panel. If you think the inspection mechanic won't check the VIN when he cross-checks the registration, and registers the vehicle on the emissions report, you're a fucking retard.

Not all states require vehicle inspections you fucking dolt

Sup Forums. A place for retards

This guy lives in a teenage fantasy.

All states require registration. 11/50 don't require inspection. Only New Hampshire doesn't require insurance. The VIN is mandatory on any car with a license and registration, and witht he exception of NH, you'd be committing insurance fraud if you put a false VIN on a legal insurance document. Assuming it won't get sent straight to the crusher when he's done with it and never gets into an accident. If he sells it, it's gonna get found out.

>you'd be committing insurance fraud
The car is fucking stolen

>Sup Forums - a place where angsty teens think they can do what organized crime gets nailed for every day, with a wire brush and a rattlecan.

>>you'd be committing insurance fraud
>The car is fucking stolen
NO SHIT SHIRLOCK

So OP obviously doesn't give a fuck about committing a crime, Sherlock.

Im a car dealer. You cant get a title without a VIN. If you need a title and you are not a thief, call your county's treasurer if you are in the US. Give them the VIN and they can tell you how to proceed. Police are the only ones I know of that can get a title on an abandoned car.

So, he's going to register a car the exact make and color and switch plates to the stolen one he painted? When the cops read a plate, and it's getting more technological every day, they'll know the plate belongs to a tan chevy, instead of a red honda. Thats how people get busted. The registration. Driving through photo tolls, driving past cops with computer plate readers, being pulled over. The insurance scam is just an additional charge, on top of driving a stolen car. On the off-chance he's in a state that doesn't require inspection. (the vin gets written on the back of the inspection sticker) which then gets submitted to the DMV, who will flag the car as stolen. Then they'll not only ask you to relinquish your plates via registered mail, but probably send a cop to eyeball the car at the provided address associated with the registration.

white niggers

Maybe the only sound advice in the thread