Anybody ever went homeless here ? Tell me about it

Anybody ever went homeless here ? Tell me about it

How did you survive

Attached: téléchargement.jpg (272x185, 10K)

Homeless rn

How are you surviving and from what place did you get the internet

Also how do you intent to make it through

Buying and selling, washing car windows, looking for odd jobs with mexicans.

Well, sorta.

After my wife walked out on me. I just walked out the front door and didn't come back for five days and nights. I just didn't want to be there any more.

Let my phone run down, just walked around. Slept wherever I was. Not really homeless -- I had cash and cards and could eat when I got hungry enough to go in someplace.

So, not really the full homeless thing. Maybe it felt something like that, though -- nowhere to go, no one who gave a shit anyway.

I've always wanted to go homeless in a sense, but never did. I guess I live too soft. Maybe one day I'll do a long weekend on the streets to see how it is.

I went homeless shortly after starting university in the UK.. I had nothing in my bank account and no source of income.

To start with, I just squatted in the house I was living in without paying rent, and waiting as long as I could before eviction.

I had to goto a foodbank each week and live off of 3 days worth of food for a whole week.. And I got really hungry, the food was basic and not very appetizing either.

Soon enough, I then started to shop lift. It seems so crazy at first but it's easy to get away with. I just waited around until the staff walked in a different direction and then just grabbed things to eat and walked out the store. I could do this multiple times a day and not get caught.

Eventually when I did get evicted, I informed the local council, and in the UK, by law, they have to help.. which they did, by housing me in this terrible bed and breakfast (a sort of shitty hotel) for more money than it would of costed to rent a normal room in a house.

It taught me alot about life. No one really cares for you if things go wrong. Theres no sympathy from others either. Once you become homeless, you really do have to start breaking the law just to survive. If you don't start stealing food, you end up hungry, and even more tired and less able to move forward in life.

Iv been homo-less for all my life , unlike op .. get it?

Attached: create-meme-xzibit-xzibit-yo-dawg-xzibit-pimp-53095257.png (500x483, 85K)

im not sure if you can call it homeless but i was homeless at 18 with no family or friends.

first week i walked over 100 miles to a forest, eating cold tins of baked beans, tuna and bread along the way. when i was in the forest i began building myself my own shelter out of all the dead trees. i bought with me 3 days worth of clothes.

second week i started to work. mowing gardens, cleaning houses and doing any job i could get paid for by asking shops if they would pay me to do anything.

my money went on food which was just cold baked beans (very cheap in bulk), canned tuna (cheap in bulk too), lots of nuts, berries and because i was near the ocean i fished for food. the fish wasn't every day but it was enough.

eventually i was living very well and had enough money to buy a suit and go for a real interview, got a job and stayed where i was for 3 months to save money before getting my own place.

Good luck to you, I heard flipping was profitable. Where do yo usleep ? Do you intent on buying an appartment ?

What happened with your wife, why did she walk out ?

I never did what you did but I plan on doing so, just want to experience freedome. Discovering new cities, stealing cheap food like chocolate, more like a spiritual journey, see how I can handle it, if not maybe try to live at a friend's, get a job pay for an appartment, that sort of stuff you know

spent almost a month in the woods near my parents' house after they kicked me out for taking ecstasy when i was like 16
lived off begging and shoplifting mostly, but used the library computers to research snare traps which got me a rabbit
built a very crude hut from 4 base posts, the front 2 being shorter and a thatched grass/dead leaves roof that i blueprinted from my knowledge of celtic roundhouses
also helps if you start out with a bit of cash.i invested my final £100 into weed which i turned over not only for a profit, but also the occasional smoke to keep me sane as my sims social bar went down slowly

Oh and just to add, I ended up committing burglaries aswell, I ended up with a bunch of jewlery and laptops.

Pic related - its some of the stuff I stole.

Burglaries are scary but when nothing is helping with money, what can you do.

I came up with a good way of judging if homes are empty by looking for clues on the outside like all the curtains open at night, no car etc.. I did all of this on a bicycle with a large rucksack.

I didn't get caught for it either, only some people snitched on me, but police lacked evidence to prosecute.

I got away with 19 burglaries and £1000's in shoplifting whilst I was homeless.

Attached: gun.jpg (2048x1365, 210K)

yes it's bad in the uk.

i broke some laws when i made my own place in the forest but i was receiving no help from any government funded programs. i didn't steal or anything in fear of being arrested and then my camp falling apart. it needed daily maintenance which i couldn't let slip.

My small construction firm went bankrupt, didn't get any welfare because I was selfmade and I had to wait a certain amount of time before I could apply for it... Coudln't pay my rent and judgement day was coming. Would never ask my folks for money or sleeping in friends couches ect. Sleeping on the sidewalk in the city was out of the question as well, so sold my car (a lot of debating in my head on that), bought a bike, year-around tent, sleeping bag ect ect. Had plenty of savings now for food/water, necessities, and headed into the woods. First few days was rough, emotionally, because it felt like I couldn't do this for very long. It got easier over the weeks, even simple eventually. Had my undisturbed place next to a river, not to far from a walkpath, where I could use my bike to get from and into the city.

Fast forward 2 years and I have started up my own business again and doing well.

Those 2 years wasn't "fun" by any stretch, but they were far less horrible than I made out in my head to be. If you can appreciate being alone and nature, there are some days I wouldn't trade for nothing. I planned out my routine for a month when I knew I was gonna get evicted and made the best out of it.

Being homeless in the city I don't think I would've fared as well with. Too paranoid and anxious about people stealing or doing "stuff" when I
m asleep. The woods was the place for me.

If you have a car, you should probably hold on to that, as that might be your best way of traveling and sleeping without too much hassle. I weighed the benefits and downfalls in selling mine, and I think I did right for ME.

Yeah, I really apprehend that because I know nobody respects the homeless and treat them like shit

I myself dont like it when people beg for money, I walk away fast

Those are probably people whose shoes I'm gonna be in soon, and yet I feel indifference towards them

Then you have the psychos that just hate homeless people

I myself have stolen food from shops a coupple time, and intend on doing so if I need to survive. Fuck those companies that exploit chinese kids anyway, and fuck morality. Sometimes I do bad shit, sometimes I do good shit, if I wanna survive i might need to do this shit

well i could also get a job and not be a cunt, but I guess i'm a cunt, feel me ?

3 months is litteraly the time it takes to get your own appartment according to my own calculations too, your story was fascinating especially the fishing part, i'm one of those people that believe you can make it from scrap if you work hard or use your head

Some homeless people beg, I don't think that's a good strategy. I think you should only beg if you're sure it's gonna bring you a lot or if it's your only way to survive, but what do I know, not a lot of stuff

Like why beg if you can just steal food ? thats how I see it, maybe im wrong

She cashed out. She had socked away as much cash as she could, the appraised value of the house was really high. I was having some physical problems and it looked like I might be out of work for a few months. So it was time to take a profit and leave me for dead. She probably hasn't thought about me since.

Homelessness isn't freedom.

the place i got was by all means not great but it was better than i had. setting up a camp in the forest was good for me because i still had some money, with the food i ate i could feed and hydrate myself for maybe a year if i went with bargains.

i didn't want to beg because that would only label me as homeless. doing odd jobs worked better for me, it helped with me being young and just looking like a teenager trying to make money which is admirable, not a homeless man living in the local forest.

my week long walk to the forest is where i thought about fishing. i knew that id mentally deteriorate if i didn't find some kind of light at the end of the tunnel and pulling out a fish was just that.

wow, I love that self-taught shit, you're smart

I'm so retarded I'd probably die if i was on the streets. Im not very good with taking care of myself. Also not cool from your parents to do that, ecstasy can help some people, weren they worried you would get in danger if you suddenly became homeless ? not sure i understand their reasoning

That's honestly fucking impressive that you made so much while being homeless. I dont think I would ever rob people, that sounds fucked up, but interesting as fuck nonetheless.

What's your life situation by now ? Do you still do crimes ?
I dont have a car and had to hand the few money I had left to help my parents by their bills so if I go homeless i'd pretty much start from scratch

I agree that I think the city is scary, fear of getting your shit stolen by assholes or being beat up by some psychopaths or street gangs

Glad you finally made it through

I'd be fine with solitude, I'm kind of the introverted type, but boredom would probably fucking kill me
man what a cunt, that sounds rough

why isn't homelessness not freedom ? due to how harsh it can get out there ?

I think freedom is when you're at peace with yourself, right now I believe I'll never be at peace with myself if I don't get my own place to live, and I have a feeling I might not get my own place to live if I continue paying my parent's bills

but then agian if I leave my family wouldnt I be like your wife ?

I culpabilize a lot but im so fucked in the head that I might need to escape just so i can rebuild myself from scratch, without having people rely on me when im the one who needs to get his brain unfucked, feel me ?

if you got alot of money from selling your car why didnt you just get a new place? id be along your lines as well if i ever became homeless - staying offgrid. what are some things you didnt expect? how was the winter months if its cold there? best thing out of the experience and would you do the same thing again if stuff crumbles?

A word of advice, around here in the US we shoot people who break in and try to steal stuff. Keep that in mind if you decide to try it in the US anywhere that isn't a major liberal city.

It was either I committed burglaries or I fail to find a way to live. I purchased a pair of bolt cutters for £20 and started stealing bikes and selling them. Whenever I needed a bike, I just bolt cut them, I would never buy them.

I also invited a drug dealer round my house before the eviction and offered to help him bag up weed (PIC RELATED) - he brought round 1 kilo of cannabis (Around £20,000) and I gained his trust. Just before eviction, I took the whole bag and hid it outside, and never returned to the house. He must of been pissed but I finally had an easy way of making money on stolen drugs.

I don't currently commit crimes, as I am volunteering as an administrator at my local hospital. I'm looking to get a reference and then hopefully a stable job after they give me one.

I occasionally order drugs on the dark web, but I don't think I will go back to burglaries. I felt very alone and vulnerable while committing these crimes, all I want is stability and a job to keep me out of trouble.

I know I could continue and not get caught but its tiring and stressful. I could of easily entered a house with someone inside and been murdered.

Same with the drug dealer, if he knows where I live now, he would be here in a heartbeat to end my life.

Homelessness sucks, have to make drastic actions to survive.

Attached: drugs_censerod.jpg (2048x1365, 552K)

I would never grow the balls you did anyway, hope he doesn't find you

That's a shit ton of weed lmao

Good luck with your job seeking quest

Im on my way out December
No job for the last two months but atleast i have ie as income
I dont love the idea of it but how does one save enough money to survive in the wilderness for a year in two months.
I dont want to live with faimly or friends
Or city housing, i want to move away from this bull shit but im heading right towards being a homeless fuck in a city with no money

Thanks man, I appreciate it.. Goodluck with whatevers coming your way.

Attached: me_censored.png (1183x792, 1.1M)

Because I was in debt the moment I got evicted, meaning no one would ever rent to me. The money I got from selling my car wouldn't have covered the ridiculous rent I had at the time either.

Like said, it was easier than I expected it to be. Then again, I wasn't broke! I had money to ride into town, stock up on food and water, even mobile data. If I had no money, I'd probably be dead as I'm no hunter or know anything about survival (at that time)

Winter was fine. Had relatively mild winters those years thankfully. Never had issues being too be cold. Good ground isolation and a solid sleeping bag will get you through most temperatures.

Best thing I got out of it,as cheesy as it may sound, was a whole new appreciation for nature. It's amazingly silent and beautiful some days and will just leave you speechless watching it.

I wasn't careful with my money before. I spent too much on a too big place I didn't need. I didn't save, I bought soooo much useless shit I never needed. I have enough "rent pay" saved up now for 4 years if shit hits the fan, so I'm not worried about that. If I WERE to end up like that again, I would 100% do what I did last time.

Thanks mate! Without a car, I would recommend trying to stay somewhere not so populated, like a forest, like me, or just somewhere calm! Like you say, you don't mind solitude and the city is whole another beast to deal with entirely. Boredom I never came across to be honest! Born cityboy through and through, so being in the wilderness leaves a lot to be explored and feeling extremely proud when you accomplish something you aim for. Also, like said, I bought mobile data most often to browse to net ^^

stop eating so much, walk instead of buses/taxis and cut down all general outgoing purchases.
look on Craigslist for random jobs that pay and ask in shops, a shop i frequented when living in the forest gave me a discount for readying the shop for him.

you need to say goodbye to commodities and understand that you'll be miserable, you'll be alone, you'll lose weight and you're your only hope.

i recommend going to a woods/forest. foods i ate was tinned baked beans, tuna and bread for carbs and protein to keep me going. i drank the tuna and bean juice to cut on water cost.

have at least 3 days worth of clothes and a method to clean them without paying (rivers). you don't want to look homeless at all.

but if you can live with family or friends, why not? you'll be saving yourself from knowing what it's like to be left alone to fend for yourself.

What's in the bag just above your cellphone?

100 MDMA Pills, same as the bag next to it with blue and yellow pills

crazy stuff i doubt i could pull off. thanks for answerin tho.

you gonna sell all that by yourself?

a few years ago i was homeless.
i had lived with grandparents for a while and moved away for an internship that didnt work out, meanwhile they moved to a senior citizen only community so couldnt move back with them.
dad was in prison and me and my mom didnt talk at the time.

So i decided to have some fun with it, i hitchhiked all over the country, hopped freight trains and kinda was in a folk punk street band.

i didnt have any vices besides smoking weed so any money id make from busking or panhandling id save up. eventually i made some friends who got me a job at this sandwich place and i already had saved up two months rent from the street.

fast forward to present day i live in my own place, have an amazing job that lets me travel a lot and pays well. doing great for myself

Attached: IMG_1840.jpg (1936x2592, 1.43M)

Being dead broke and having some money to your name would makes a world of difference, homeless or not, so I really don't think I had it that bad.

Save, save, save. You never know whats around the corner. No probs!

whats your job?

I already did, this happened around 2 years ago now. Distant memory but I still have the photos.

Haven't been homeless yet but I appreciate you responding to this thread. Can you outline your roughest month and your richest month? Expose us to the two extremes...and how money made a difference between the two, if it did.

Attached: u4xdbgwuw3o31.jpg (700x879, 275K)

im a flight attendant for a mainline company.

starting pay was like 31$ and ill top out at like 70$ an hour. in 10 years i could be making 6 figures.

not too shabby considering i used to eat out of trash cans and not shower haha

Attached: IMG_2567.jpg (1936x2592, 1.49M)

hah got em

Like how most people in this thread never really gave up but made the best of their situation.

Attached: 1503131572802.jpg (300x250, 40K)

the only people who give up are homebums.

usually alcoholics, mentally disabled or some kinda bad vice like meth or heroin.

most sane, able bodied people can get out of it if you put your mind and resources at hand to getting out.

One time I dscovered another homeless person, no doubt gay, sniffing the ass of my underwear. I guess I shouldn't have left shit-stained underwear in plain sight.

>after they kicked me out for taking ecstasy when i was like 16
i never understand people who do this shit. your their son, they should have kept you home and made sure you didnt do it again

You never got caught hiding on the train cars? Was it in any way possible to hide from, say, a police car waiting at a railway crossing?

This. The ones you see curled up on sidewalks looking more dead than alive have more issues than a roof over their head sadly. Addiction and mental disorders.

I think everyone has a responsibility for themselves, because no one else is gonna look out for you in the long run.

That being said, I don't think anyone deserves to live on the streets. If they need mental help, they should get that. If they can work for a living, they should be given the opportunityto do so. Not endlessly, but most people need more than 1 chance.

The very thought of being homeless makes me bust my ass so that I never have to know what it's like. It definitely looks like the down side to Capitalism.

Give me more.
What was the biggest disparity you encountered on the road? I travel a lot between two cities. I often consider picking hitchhikers up. Should I?

Attached: 1542175410977.jpg (1024x938, 153K)

This didn't happen.
The things you are describing would take a trained team of people days to accomplish yet you managed to do them all alone and at the same time? Fucking bullshit. If it's true, you should have filmed it because you'd be the only person in the world to have done it.

>first week
>second week
user, do you even into reading

i got pulled off a train once, could have gone very badly, felony charges and such but luckily it was a local sherriff and not the railyard "bull" so he kinda just let us go.

if you know how to hop trains its all not too hard.

theres a lot to it though but other train kids will show you the ropes if youre chill

FUCK YOU NIGGER APE

Have you ever seen anybody fall off a train and die?

no not personally, but it happens a lot.

its really fucking annoying because its usually some drunk fuck who then makes security a lot tougher for everyone else.

or its some yuppie who romanticizes being "train punk" and doesnt know what theyre doing, they either hurt themselves or get caught right away again making it harder for the real dirty kids.

ive def seen some shit though man.
in san francisco people were going around beating sleeping bags with bats for fun.

in chicago i saw the aftermath of this street kid who got cut over 100 times with a small blade by some local gang.

in Minneapolis i had to pull a knife on this dude who stole from me and my roaddog. actually it was a boxcutter cause we lost our knives for some reason.

Got kicked out of my parents' house at 17. Partly happened because I told them I wasn't going on a mission and didn't want to be Mormon, but moreso because of a bad opioid addiction/bag boy-ing for local dealers.

I couch surfed between friends, ended up living with my gf secretly (her mom knew kind of, her dad did not), etc.

Since I was in band in HS, I had a bag of clothes in a duffel for going to marching competitions and stuff, and I still went to practices that went til 6PM, so if I just hung around until everyone left I could hide out in the practice rooms behind the uniform closet and slept there w/ several changes of clothes in my bag.

Are any of the trains haunted?

lol what

How many pairs of magic underwear did you have in your bag?

Long weekend lol. I was homeless 16 months 12 months in car and it felt like my land yacht. 4 months no car that shit is brutal! Waking up to rain. After awhile you look at concrete and think that looks comfy. Toughens you up!

Do you think your Morman upbringing still affects how you view the world or have you seen enough shit that you just don't care anymore?
And, at what point in your life did you come to this realization?

Attached: Road_Dogg_bio.jpg (1200x675, 89K)

I wasn't a believing member, and most of them don't even wear garments most of the time, because it's impossible not to acknowledge that they aren't retarded.

Also, Mormons don't wear garments until they go to the temple for their endowment, which happens either right before you go on a mission, or when you get married in a temple. So I didn't have any anyways.

Great use of one of the 3 most absolutely cliche Mormon jokes though.

Mormons are faggots.

My whole extended family is obsessed. 10% of their income, virtually amish on Sunday, does their home teaching (though that was recently abolished) and callings... You can't convince them, is the most frustrating part.

More than anything I wanted to know for sure that it wasn't true, and the only way to 100% prove that was to die. I would sneak out, go to parties, get shitfaced/tripping balls, and go stand on the curb to watch cars zoom by.

One step. One step off the curb is all it would take to actually know for sure. But I was too much of a pussy to do it, so I tried to kill myself with drugs instead. I went through withdrawals when I was in college because I was shipped off to BYU and didn't know where to get drugs in Utah. Got kicked out for fucking a girl and telling the honor code office I didn't want to be there, worked my way through community college/state school, and now I teach middle school history in Utah.

In other words, I shit on Mormons for a professional living. So yes, I'd say it had an effect.

FUCKING GODDAMN NIGGER APE

Bitch-ass fucking piece of shit, you likely got kicked out for fucking another guy.

>black mormons
>blacks in Utah

I had a job, lost it. So I still have money to pay for data. The library is also awesome.

No idea man just go through life day to day hoping these places will hire me.

Do you ever contemplate suicide?

>now I teach middle school history in Utah.
>I shit on Mormons for a professional living
kek
Living well is the best revenge, they say.
The southwest is really pretty - at least the parts I've seen. Southern Utah is on my radar once this fucking unbearable summer ends. Am I going to have to tolerate Mormonism around Zion national park?

Attached: 9E0D27FB49FE485880ECDB3946998DFC.jpg (596x357, 35K)

Bump

Attached: 68ECFA92594942BF8938B363150D9EB5.jpg (390x492, 108K)

I mean yeah, all the time. but I'm young and have my whole life ahead of me. Could always be worse.

It's not really that bad tbh

Do you really think he would work for food?

>raid cardboard bin
>sleep on soft cardboard
>sleep in bank for heat and safety

How do you have a hot meal when you're homeless? How do you bathe? Is busking viable?

Go to a soup kitchen, in a public restroom with a sink and cloth. yes

Eh, that all sounds like poor people shit. I'll keep wagecucking.

Attached: apusingingcowboy.jpg (1152x720, 97K)

no but i was really close and begged like a fucking dog to help support my immediate family even though i'm the youngest one in our house.
got the benefits now.
unfortunately i'm supporting a homeless "friend" of mine and i'm getting sick of his shit. he's a drug addict and a petty thief. i'm just counting down the days for him to go back to jail.

FUCK YOU NIGGER APE

FUCKING EAT SHIT FAG NIGGER APE

I'm pleased I got some extra words there
Autismo

Attached: 1551638937291.png (794x830, 40K)

Was homeless in the winter up north. Slept in my car with a lot of blankets and sometimes my half Mexican girlfriend at the time... Her parents hated me so I couldn't sleep at her place(She was 18+). Wasn't that bad tbh... Mostly just got drunk during the day, occasionally did odd jobs for cash when I needed it and I had people want to take care of me so food wasn't an issue. To be honest I almost miss it sometimes...

FUCKING FAG SHIT NIGGER MONKEY

FUCK YOU NIGGER MONKEY APE

slept in my van and a few friends place, mostly out in the country on public land though. Would charge up a big batter and my laptop, do camshows and odd jobs online. Eventually got a decent job moving to a city with high wages. I'm in an apartment now but resent paying rent when I enjoyed being homeless to a degree. If I do it again I will work more while homeless to save a year or two worth of rent.

Look at my (You)'s
This is better than Applebee's on a Friday night

Attached: wm7q3otiiew21.jpg (640x1242, 104K)

Homeless for three years. Almost two I did couch surfing, then headed to NYC and lived on the streets. Heroin addict, eating out of dumpsters, begging for money and heroin, trying not to get raped. Got my act together (sister put be in rehab twice) and doing great now.

There's a real possibility of me going homeless. I've read that joining a gym will be useful for bathing. Are there any other tips for being a homeless job seeker in the US?

What fucking 3rd world shitholes do you guys live in that you have to sleep innawoods or in a car if shit hits the fan?
What the fuck man.

Attached: 1559610303742.png (565x547, 58K)

Some peoole just don't deserve a roof over their heads. It's not everybody else's responsibility to take care of people when they fuck up.

>Some peoole just don't deserve a roof over their heads

That is literally objectively wrong.
Just like implying that it's always the person's mistake that they lose the job or get ill.
I'm so glad to live in the first world tbh.

Attached: ladda_ned_8.jpg (218x231, 11K)

You're a FUCKING FAGGOT and also the reason why nobody wants to fucking work anymore.

People only lose their jobs when they're lazy or when they don't do a good enough job, faggit.

obvious troll is obvious

At least I don't suck my dog's dick.

FUCK YOU NIGGER APE

I had a car.
Makes it a hell of a lot easier dude.

Easier to loop a hose from the exhauwt back through a window.

>nobody wants to fucking work anymore.
I'm not the user you were replying to
Some of us don't work in recession-proof industries. It doesn't mean we don't want to work.
I've got a great job but if the economy tanks I'm fucked.

I slept good m my car for a month