youtube.com/watch?v=VE0YKFVdzd0
youtu.be/x7V8_YvWOms
youtube.com/watch?v=iRq9y8Hptyc
youtube.com/watch?v=TT8sl9ZyICE
youtube.com/watch?v=wgC2XONZfIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KfbuUycffhQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

kek i forgot how funny that is

Everyone knows Space Madness is the best episode.

Is it just me or did the animation age really well? Was this show ahead of its time?

i think its just because theres a lot of cartoons out there that continue to be made using the same old styles because people appreciate it as well as its cheaper to make.

Compare most cartoons to the CGI clone wars and they all look like shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=OcXaicGvcvA

The Cat That Laid the Golden Hairball is objectively the highest tier of cartoon kino

what did he mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=EfBxxwZy9J4

youtube.com/watch?v=VE0YKFVdzd0

youtu.be/x7V8_YvWOms

Anyone remember this? Pure kino. Stimpy farts and saves the fart and eventually the fart has to leave and stimpy finds out the fart has started a family with a dead fish.

I was asked to do some layout tests for Ren and Stimpy but I had friends working for John K at the time and all I heard was horror stories so I declined.

Where can I watch full episodes of this kino?

youtube.com/watch?v=iRq9y8Hptyc

John K it's just really good, he also worked with Ralph Bashki.

I agree

but the one with the salve salesman is a close second for me

Absolutely.

>The episode's story was thanks to John Kricfalusi, Vincent Waller, & Richard Pursel, storyboarded by Peter Avanzino, and directed by the show's creator John Kricfalusi. John Kricfalusi originally conceived "Son of Stimpy" as a parody/critique of popular Hollywood melodramas (Bambi, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial) and "fake pathos", which he describes an act of manipulation performed by film directors that involves using audio-visual cues and tricks, mainly music and cinematography, to trigger melancholy emotions in audience members.[2] Kricfalusi, infuriated by this practice, referred to it as "cheap", "contrived" and "a dirty trick", while asserting his belief that real drama should come from engaging characters and believable acting, not from editing techniques.[3] He also vented his frustration that dramatic features of this type ultimately gain more acclaim and recognition than simpler comedic films, which are generally seen as inferior.[4] When writing this episode, he deliberately gave it the most ridiculous premise he could think of (Stimpy not being able to fart a second time) and used as many of the aforementioned filmic tricks as he could think of, to prove how easy it is to force viewers into crying over something that has little to no real substance.[5]

Was he right?

nah nigga, fake dad is the top of the pops

John K got into animation because he revered the greats like Avery and Freling.
In commentaries he mentions who he worked for the TV networks churning out trash like "Laverne & Shirley in the army" and he was still bitter about those experience, you can hear the disgust in his voice when he talks about it.
Given his chance with Nicktoons he went back to greats with hand painted stills like pic related and fantastic musical scoring of both classic and original music.
Those first 3 seasons were a magic time.

games drop in quality

youtube.com/watch?v=TT8sl9ZyICE

This gave me goosebumps as a child.
youtube.com/watch?v=wgC2XONZfIQ

speaking of goosebumps

youtube.com/watch?v=KfbuUycffhQ

I TOLD YOU I'D SHOOT
BUT YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE ME
WHY DIDN'T YOU BELIEVE ME

Stimpy is alright but most of the Ren's draws are atrocious during Games era.
I would like to see some Games episode like Hermit Ren with better art work.

I was very amused when I finally saw the movie from where they got those lines.

Bob camp should've done a good job at being harder on the animators like Kricfalusi.

I guess so. Just compare Reccardi's draws with Spumco and the ones for Games.

Are there any creative geniuses that aren't total assholes?

Yet the writing improved. Go figure.

Except he got shit canned after the first season?