Latin countries teach that North and South America are the same continent because they're connected...

Latin countries teach that North and South America are the same continent because they're connected, but that Africa and Asia are separate continents despite having a larger connection between them. They do this because they are dumb.

We didn't invent that concept. Portugal and Spain (also Italy IIRC) think of it as one continent too.

continent is a social construct

How retarded do you need to be to think that Eurasia is two different continents?

They're divided into two continents for cultural purposes rather than literal purposes, and you know it.

But we don't? We do learn Eurasia is one landmass, same for Africa and the Middle East/Asia. But here's a reply for your needs.

The question still stands.

It makes sense to separate Africa and Asia for historical and cultural reasons.

The Americas on the other hand are one single continent under any perspective but geography.

Retarded burger, we know that south, middle and north america combine to form the super-continent known as Americas, it doesn't mean we cannot recognize the three zones as it's own continents, the same can be said about Europe and Asia, they combined can be called the Eurasian super-continent. is not really that hard to understand.

Middle America is not a continent dumbo

>super-continent
the fuck

Yes, but that's still stupid. The Middle East has nothing to do with China in terms of culture.

Fine, Centro america then, they sure as hell are not south Americans.
Only used in cases of extreme generalization, we rather focus on countries and it's subdivisions.

Actually in Mexico they teach us that the Americas is only one continent, nevertheless, it could be dived into 4 different zones
>North America (Basically CUM)
>Central america
>South America
>The caribean

On the other hand Europe, Asia and Africa are part of the same landmass, however, we could divide them into three different subcontinents for cultural and demofraphic reasons.

What is a "super-continent"?

CHI

basically a big mass of land encompassing all the different (and often clashing) societies that dwell there.

And how does it differ from a continent?

On it's size, given the uselessness of such classification it is almost never used but taught nevertheless.

Too fucking bad, we were the first to chart the earth so you just gotta deal with it.

I'll make it simple for you
>Afro-Eurasia super continent
>Africa, Europe and Asia continets
got it?

Y-you are also the first race to gain entry to my boy-hole!

Europe and Asia are not continents. And no, I don't get it, because it makes no sense.

In this context, "continent" means "large body of land" and not "large body of land by itself." Continents may be defined either by their border with water or by some other arbitrary definition (such as Europe and Asia). Thus, Asia, Europe, and Africa are discrete continents even though they touch each other, as are North and South America. A supercontinent, however, is defined only by the water border.

This is inane drivel. Continent is always defined by water, that's the whole point. Europe and Asia are not continents. What the hell are they teaching you there?

American education system at it's finest:D

Then is Africa part of Asia because it also touches?

Ok, I'm a Mexican ignorant, I don-t deserve the air I breathe and never will go out of my shithole then
Now, would you sir explain what are Asia and Europe? Do it for the glorious motherland.

I think that tectonic plates are useful when defining continents.
But obviously the Middle East and India arent standalone continents

>cultural purposes
>Russia in Europe
huh?

That would be Afro-Eurasia, but since Suez isthmus is tiny compared to Eurasia and Africa, they are considered to be separate continents. Same thing with North and South America. This is some elementary school stuff I am explaining here.

>Separating Europe and Asia was a product of efforts mainly by European academicians seeking to distinguish their region of the world.

>Today, the past confusion in defining continents leads most geographers to identify only six continents by combining Europe and Asia into Eurasia. In fact, the division of Eurasia into two continents based on the definition of continents is now dated.

>Philip Johan von Strahlenberg was the first to depart from the classical dividing line along the Don River in 1725, moving it farther east to follow the Volga River north and then north along the Ural Mountains.

>Russia is culturally similar to and adjacent to Belarus
>Belarus is part of Europe
>OH NO GUYS WE'RE A UNIQUE THING WE'RE JUST RUSSIAN

So, your stating that Europe and Asia is only one continent, right?
in that case, the americas would be just one and you should add Africa to Eurasia because they are not separated
am I right?

Continent definition are ambivalent thought, so everyone has a different opinion.

>Russia is culturally similar to and adjacent to Belarus
it's not
>Belarus is part of Europe
it isn't
pic is VERY related

Culturally:
1. Centum and satem languages.
>The satem languages belong to the "eastern" sub-families, especially Indo-Iranian and Balto-Slavic.
Slavs (is a linguistic group, NOT ethnic) are closer to Persia and Poostan.

2. Steppe Influence. Moscow principal and Russian State later were a vassal of Mongol Empire. Russian Political Culture is undoubtedly NOT EUROPEAN

3. Cossacks were a multi-ethnic social group and no clearly a subgroup of Russians.

4. VolgaFinns (Meschera, Merya, Muroma) and BaltoFinns (Veps, Izhora) were assimilated by Slavs in the past and EVEN in 20 century, when during Soviet regime most minorities changed their identity (de jure and de facto).

5. Pic. Cultural shift to Iranesque society. Putin Says Orthodoxy ‘Closer to Islam than Catholicism Is’

6. S-P-A-C-E-T-I-G-E-R-S

See Different plates. That why India commonly called a Subcontinent.

I disagree
Based on tectonic plates, Philippines and Oregon would be independent continents

If we are using the tectonic plate model for continent conventions then that would put part of russia inside the north american division.

You are the only person I've ever seen claim Belarus isn't part of Europe, at least geographically.

Central America is part of North America José.

It's either
Northern America (Canada and US)
Middle America (Mexico and Central America, Caribbean included)
South America

Or

North America (CUM+Central America, Caribbean included)
South America

meh, Americans are taught Mexico is in North America and yet most apparently believe we are Central Americans

>VolgaFinns (Meschera, Merya, Muroma) and >BaltoFinns (Veps, Izhora) were murdered by Slavs in the past and EVEN in 20 century,

Most of Mexican territory is north of the tropic of cancer
how would it be central America?

In America, it's taught that Central America is part of North America but is culturally distinct from USA/Canada.

Middle America is not the same as Central America.

Too small landmass for a continent.
In that case they're separated by water

>geographically
That called East "European" plain, but that isn't Europe. bc 1) If water can separate continents why rivers and mountants separate Europe and Asia but not shortest line between Black and Baltic seas? 2. Europe isn't geographical but cultural or identical.

They were afraid of Soviets so they choose to change their nationality (ethnic registration in USSR (in inner passports) to Russians.

Then call it Anglo America vs Latin America, the whole point to "Northern America" is to provide cover for that idea, we don't use that or "Middle america" at all.

But they're different tectonic plates
Give a clear definition of what a continent is

That map is retarded how can new guinea be in two different continents

A large landmass, big enough to not feel the influence of the sea in the most internal territories, that is separated by all the other landmasses by the sea, or is connected only by a tiny strip of landmass (i.e.

A very big landmass.

Sudaca suda aca

Where's borders between Asia, Africa and Europe here? That is an Ancient Greek meme.

Its called Oceania you retard

There are no clear definitions of what a continent is. At least not one that use nature to differentiate it.
It really is, and the representation of 3 separates continents cames from that, after europeans mapped the world.

Not a definition though

so based in your definition, Australia could be considered a continent
right?

must not fall for bait.

>so based in your definition, Australia could be considered a continent
oh say can you see

I'd imagine that was a french that begin this continent bullshit..
Mena is a thing after all

>America is actually three continents,

American education on it's better level

They just wanna be lumped in with North America because they also know their continent is hopeless and hellish as can be. If they let go of the notion that no matter how bad and unlivable countries theirs are, we are at least on the same continent as the US and Canada, which are such advanced countries with a very large and robust economy, they would lose their last hope to subsist.

>whole continent named america by the spaniards for the first time
>burguers claim the name for them

There's 6 continents

>Constantinople is Asia