What's it like living in Eastern Europe, compared to Western Europe...

What's it like living in Eastern Europe, compared to Western Europe? How about the urban versus town versus countryside differences? My dividing point is roughly to the west and east of the Germanic nations' eastern borders (Germany, Austria, Sweden).

Attached: image_400x400.jpg (400x400, 19K)

>is 193 maximum. no scars

Attached: mars_[530c795334314323fafed372e5c7a54a3f634355].jpg (2400x2400, 1.02M)

Attached: mrjkeamvy2601.jpg (1242x1205, 66K)

I always felt bad for poor Lazar Wolf. Never got to fuck that milk mans hot daughter in their little town of Anatevka.

Was Anatevka based on a real village in Russia or Ukraine, or was it just fictionalized, only using the town in Croatia? I like Fiddler on the Roof as a portrayal of what rural, traditional life in Eastern Europe is like, even if it mostly portrays the Jewish perspective of it.
t. Distantly Jewish Eastern European (Slavic-Illyrian) American.

I've read Hungary's having a rough time with the Syrian refugees and an increasing brain-drain. You could have reliable work with any technical experience, but the local currency is shitty. Most of my experiences in Hungary are in the eastern part of the country, lots of agriculture with a smattering of manufacturing.

Do you think it is comfortable living there? I have seen pictures, beautiful countryside. I do have a thing for rural and wilderness landscapes, though.

Well it will be a warzone soon. So enjoy it now.

A war zone where? Aren't the Balkans going to be safe, compared to somewhere like Russia?

I visited for about a month at a time, always in summer. It's warm and humid with a notable amount of rainy/overcast days. My grandparents have sent me pictures of their place during the winter, and the snowcover looked no lower than knee-depth. That part of the country observes all four seasons.
Bribery is part of life from what I understand, so expect to pay more than your initial bill for optimal healthcare. Public transportation is pretty accommodating.
If I had a good enough job and a solid social circle, I think I'd grow to love living there.

Thank you for the explanation. I have only been to Croatia.

For your information, the place where they filmed Anatevka in Fiddler on the Roof is a village a bit of ways just outside of Zagreb city, Croatia. The village is called Lekenik. There is also a new village in Ukraine called Anatevka.

For geographic reference, the central and eastern parts of Hungary are prairies, and the north is mountainous. Everywhere else has variations between these climes.

Interesting. Is it true that there are islands on the Danube River, or even Lake Balaton?

I like churches of Eastern European countries.

Attached: Russian-Life-original-1-800.jpg (782x609, 63K)

It is shit.
>t.balkanon

Which country are you from?

Attached: IMG_20190924_212720.png (400x334, 235K)

Based.

There is an island on the Danube river called Margit island, don't think there's any on Balaton. It's a pretty solid country, I love it. It's like living in 2000.

Ah, like almost 20 years ago? Sounds comfy. Pre-9/11 world seemed that way.

I'd consider it Central Europe, but I lived in Prague and Budapest for two months. I liked it.

Well, those areas I consider, for the sake of this topic, part of the East in the Eastern versus Western European divide, but they are truly in Central Europe, you are correct. Nice places!

I lived in St. Petersburg for 10 years of my life. It's almost like a poorer version of western Europe tbh, very much like Eastern Germany. The weather is consistently shit, but it's not nearly as cold as Siberia. The city center is beautiful in places, but the outskirts are all depressive Soviet-era slums. Small towns or villages are way worse. Some smaller towns have just one main asphalt road, everything else being dirt roads. The western Russian villages usually have electricity, running water is slightly less common. Getting to a hospital can be a major pain in the ass if you live in the countryside.

Feels good I don't see nonwhites daily. I have only seen a nigger twice in my entire life

I've been working there twice for a month each. There was one guy following me from the Metro all up through the inner city which was creepy as fuck. Not sure if it's cool to live there as a woman.

Probably Eastern Europe by your standards- Latvia.

It's pretty neat tbh, wouldn't like to live here >20 years ago due to poverty. Although my family and people around "didn't have it that bad".
Now it's way less post-sovietism in any way, block buildings slowly blending in with the new ones due to renovations, people becoming more open-minded and less sovietotraumatized. Sand monkeys slowly starting to kebab this place up, but the winter is coming.
Urban vs. Countryside isn't that bad anymore, unless deep country, but I suppose it's like that everywhere. People don't like living in a plastic bag infused shithole and they fix what Ivan nation screwed up around here from mindset to infrastructure, many (real local) people decide to get back to the roots and work on moving away from the neo-€uro capital. I suppose we're somewhere in-between the West and the East, right in the Baltics.

Visit, you won't regret.

Also, this a lot

Attached: darzs_2018_kol.jpg (800x578, 176K)