What happens in our tummy when we put food in it - are there little bacteria and animals living in there eating parts...

what happens in our tummy when we put food in it - are there little bacteria and animals living in there eating parts of our food? like i have heard about worms, but maybe smaller stuff that just exists and grows and stuff?

Attached: wat.png (500x500, 590K)

Your tummy is indeed full of bacteria which helps to digest your food. You also produce stomach acid and various enzymes which help as well. If you're especially unlucky you might also have nematode or tape worms living inside you. They will gobble up your food as well if you have them.

oh thats cool. so does the acid and enzyme work for our body or are they living there by themselves, they help break down the food so our body can use the stuff?

theres bacteria and other kinds of microorganisms covering the entire digestive system, from your mouth down to your ass, and yes they feed on your food, worms and other parasites can both eat your food or feed on your blood

your food gets transformed into a chemical soup by your organs, then filtered through cells into your bloodstream.

tiny elves process it through flesh machines, and the goblins on the lower floor turn it into poop.

That's right, the acid and enzymes are created by our own bodies to help us. They break our food down into really tiny chunks which are so small that they can be absorbed into our bloodstream and carried to different parts of our bodies.

Yeah of course. You got gut bacteria that helps in digestion. It's there in your intestines too.

The stank of your fart is determined by what gut bacteria you got because they release different mixes of gas when they die and fart themselves.

There are also shit transfers for people who have real shitty gut bacteria

does stuff like listerine kill them in the mouth and is that bad then if they help us?

damn goblins i bet they are pooping in my poop and blaming it on me

so us humans on earth are like enzymes that earth have made but sometimes we don't help so i guess its a mix of enzymes and bacteria on earth and some of them just do whatever they want, like the worms

Everything (almost) in your body lives to help everything else. The bacteria, as nasty as they are portrayed. make food more "eatable" to our insides and take out all that nastiness

Poop is what's left. Discarded and unloved ... until the flies get it later!! It's all good!

Attached: 3bi2uo.jpg (888x499, 98K)

ive heard about that shit transfer, that's crazy. gay people must be swapping bacteria from their penis into the guys butt as well right? how about semen does that feed the gut bacteria?

thats true and its kinda nice that we can recycle that left over bit for the flies as well, we all helping each other out

Your stomach isn't really focused on absorbing nutrients, it primarily is focused on processing food into an absorbable slime called chyme. This is accomplished with stomach acid and churning. There aren't really bacteria in the stomach, and if there are worms and such that is not good, go see a doctor. The next step is the small intestine. This is where almost all of the absorption happens. Once again, there should be no worms, and there are very few bacteria. After this comes the large intestine, and this is heavily populated with bacteria, fungi, and the like. This is referred to as the gut microbiome. Once again, though, there should be no worms here. Worms are not good anywhere in the system. The microbiome of the large intestine is important for collecting certain nutrients from our food, such as converting fiber to short-chain fatty acids. Additionally, this is where excess water is reabsorbed and what leaves this area is waste.

oh i see, so the intestine is the really long bit and while the chyme goes through the microbiome then all the bacteria and things get converted into what is important.
i had a theory that depending on what food goes into you, then your gut bacteria will change into different kinds, so they can be specific about attacking that particular food, but if you have a varied diet, then there is more of a variety in the gut bacteria? and i guess that's how the poop transfer helps, as it introduces new gut bacteria and those new bacteria can convert the food into different things

Chewing+salvia predigest any food (salvia turns glucose into sugar)
Than stomach acid,enzymes helps to break down food futrhermore into components that can be absorbed in the intenstines.
(liver,pancreas,bile)
Through guts,nutrients get in your bloodstream.
TL;DR:yes bacteria is good in your tummy,they are part of immune system

Reminder that raw meat is the easiest food to digest.

Attached: raw liver.jpg (862x575, 109K)

hold on, what happens if i don't chew very much or i eat very fast? is that a bad thing to do. i have gotten into the habit of eating very fast all the time and i only noticed that i eat fast when eating around other people, i would finish before they are half way done

i don't eat much meat just because it's expensive, i eat eggs and bread and porridge and pasta and sometimes fruit or fruit juice but my diet isn't very nutritionally good i think

thread too wholesome, i love this

your innards would do much more work compared if you chewed your food well. Less chewy food means less nutrients to absorb.

Cut out the grain shit. You'll save money and be healthier. Grains are full of anti nutrients and they are very hard for our stomachs to digest. Eggs are very good, but meat is still more important.

could that be a reason why my metabolism is high? i had a test once and they said that. i figured that my body had adapted to process food faster but always wonder the risk. hmm ok so i would benefit from chewing more?

bread, porridge and pasta are grain?
hmm what would be a good meat to buy which is cheaper than others but still nutritious?

For the variety - yes, in general. The food you eat has a large impact on what prospers in the microbiome. Additionally, hormones will also affect what is in your microbiome. Estrogen promotes alpha diversity (read "many different types of bacteria and fungi") whereas testosterone doesn't appear to. Progesterone favors certain bacteria over others. Additional effects can be felt by how often one eats, and if they go on a fast. Fasting for prolonged periods of time (such as 3 days or longer) will shift the gut microbiome to be closer to the walls of the large intestine (the last bit of the digestive tract). Eating regularly will not allow for this. This changes nutrient absorption.

Meat is not cheap unfortunately. The elite is pushing plant based diets. If you want to be healthy, you should eat organs like liver. Just wonder why are you trying to save money? Which country do you live in?

I don't think that's the case. The metabolism is set by your body and usually your age. The healthier you are and the more active you are, the more nutrients you need. Therefore, the body tries its best to get it as fast as it can.

If your metabolism slows, which it does with age, you'll get more tired ... or so I understand. The concern is when the metabolism slows and the consumption doesn't, this is the start of weight gain.

Attached: 3bi72c.jpg (888x499, 94K)

you seem very smart, how did you learn all of this?
>This changes nutrient absorption.
would that be good or bad? i have tried fasting for a day but i gave up because my tummy hurt so much i felt sick. if i don't eat every 4-5hours i start feeling so weak

i live in the uk, i have aspergers and i don't have a job apart from volunteering so i try to save as much as possible from the benefits that i get

Try to become a hunter. Don't know about laws in UK though.

hmm ok that does make sense and i do gain a lot of weight fast when i stop being active. i have noticed i am getting more tired as i get older too. when growing up i never got taught about anything like this and i thought the world was so simple but i keep learning things that add layers to ourselves and health related things

Indeed. What food you eat and don't burn gets stored for those rainy days. Keeping a little more active will help, even if it's just walking around the block. Remember if you're storing stuff, you'll have to carry it and that can be damaging.

Curiously, and I seriously don't recommend this at all, if you find yourself in a position where you can't get access to food, and you start to feel hungry, after a few hours that feeling will go away and that's your body making an emergency decision to use the fat reserves to keep you alive.

But yeah, eat healthy and keep active my friend :)

Attached: 3bi80n.jpg (888x499, 95K)

shooting bunnies and deer? i think i am far too lazy, maybe i can find a small part time job for extra money and i can put that towards better nutritious food

although i lose weight in most areas of my body, around my waist and my back always seem to have a layer of fat around the 'love handle' area, i have read before this area is for a special kind of fat, is that true?

>fat reserves
that's clever, does it target specific areas first?
thanks i will try to keep improving

Do you have nice dick sucking lips? You could try sucking dicks. I hear that pays well.

I'm no expert, but fat does get everywhere. Never where you want it and mainly (at least in my case) around the stomach. This makes me look like a skeleton above my waist and feel fat below. In comparison, my legs are ALL muscle.

I think the love handles are formed where you lose excess fat and the skin doesn't take up the slack, but as for it being special I don't know about that one. It could be a specific type of lipids, but don't quote me on that?

Attached: 3bi9e7.jpg (888x499, 102K)

Attached: 5F94325E-E7E9-4659-9E99-FF8514D23DB2.jpg (660x330, 45K)

Greta here. If Andy Sixx shit in my mouth, would it be as tasty as I think it would? I crave his delicious poo.

Attached: 424px-Greta_Thunberg_2018_cropped.jpg (350x200, 15K)

i could train them up, how long does it take?

ahh thats interesting, my legs maintain muscle as well from cycling but other places do look a bit skeletony
oh yea i used to be 16 stone and lost a lot of weight so that sounds right that it has stuck around since then

I'm just around 13st 6lb. I think I'm happy with that. I would like to get it down just a little bit. I don't like my waist line, but I do love my butt. I'm just odd like that

Attached: 3bibfb.jpg (888x499, 98K)

question, is it healthy to let your body consume lipids instead of burning it off with intense exercises?

Depends how dedicated you are. Start with gherkins, work your way up to plantains. Then you will be ready.

We all have about 50 tapeworms in our ass that digest the food for us when we sleep

I like to pull one out and snip it off part way and eat it sometimes. is that bad?

that's good, we all need to be more positive about our bodies, just so the negativity isn't there.
it seems like everyone loves butts now in 2019, so thats good for you they will be able to admire it as well

No its an endless cycle to eat tape worms i like to eat mine like a bowl of spicy ramen noodles

As long as people want to see it, I'll keep taking pictures ;)

Also, on that note, I'm going to say as a long-term thing, no. Having said that, it is a mechanism the body has, so it must have its uses somewhere in a dieting format. Don't abuse it!

Attached: 3bicsl.jpg (888x499, 100K)

I learned how to deep throat a dildo just on the off chance that someone tries to choke me with their dick, I will know how to breathe properly.

You will go far in this life.

I do research in this field as it relates to autoimmunity. Google scholar is very helpful, but academic papers can be rather dry. I recommend reading review papers about the "gut microbiome", if you search that exact term on google scholar, then you will get good results.
On the point of weakness - that is mainly because your body is no longer running off the food you are eating (likely carbohydrates if you eat a common diet) and having a difficult time transitioning to consuming itself. Before beginning a fasting regimen, talk to your primary care physician, it may not be right for you. In terms of nutritional absorption, it will improve your absorption after you fast, though be particular to eat "healthy" after a fast, as the bacteria that digest healthy foods will repopulate your gut. Additionally, when breaking a fast, do not eat a large meal, give your body small amounts of food gradually increasing in size.