Please help me Sup Forums

Please help me Sup Forums

Started binge watching the Fall, and is it just me, or is it pushing the whole "most men are perverted sociopathic rapists who slut shame women" angle. Am I reading to much into it (and thus, spending too much time on /pol), or is this legit something other people noticed about the show?

It is really >muh feminism, yes, but it's also a pretty good crime drama.

>He didn't stop watching television after The Sopranos finished.

>pretty good crime drama.
The only good Dramas are British dramas. Look at Broadchurch, it curb stomps anything AMC has ever done. I feel like I am spiritually a British person and want to move there someday

This is literally a british crime drama.

how do you even binge this shit

it's the most unoriginal idea ever for a series, literally an extended episode of law and order

My only problem with the show was that she was NEVER wrong, not once, everything she put forwards as an idea worked and every policy she objected to failed.

It was still a good show but when the main character is basically flawless it can get tedious(eg she said not to charge some woman for aiding and abetting and they do it and the woman kills herself and her kids)

Yeah first two seasons are Ok and the third one gets too preachy.

ITS ORIGINALLY FROM THE UK

ANY CONCEIVABLE POLITICALLY CORRECT LIBKUCK PROGRESSIVE AGENDA YOU COULD READ INTO IT IS 100% THERE AND INTENTIONAL

It was ok in that she was reminded of how weak she really is multiple times and there were cracks in her facade all the time.

The only truly terrible part is when the killer starts playing phone tag and they decided to force some kind of really dumb faux-Nietzschean ideology onto him, which is a shame because he was an otherwise good and well-performed character.

ATTEMPTS TO

Also I liked when Peter started beating the shit out of her.

The Gillian Anderson spouts a lot of bollocks (one thing that sticks out in my mind is her claiming that men are outraged when a woman is sexually forward - on the contrary, men are delighted when a moderately-or-more attractive woman makes a pass). The series starts off pretty gripping, but turns to nonsense when Dornan speaks to Anderson and gives her the "We're not so different, you and I" (iirc those are his exact words) schtick. Bail at that point.

There's a third season? Didn't the killer die at the end?

Nah, survived, got some degree of amnesia so he's all innocent looking and stuff until it's revealed he had killed before what he doesn't remember

>"Man fucks woman. Subject - man; verb - fucks; object - woman. That's OK. Woman fucks man. Woman subject; man object. That's not so comfortable for you, is it?"
Is she talking about pegging? Really seems like she's talking about pegging ("not so comfortable for you").

Is it worth watching or should I just pretend the series ended with him getting shot by the guy that beats his wife?

>alt-righters from Sup Forums getting triggered when a female protagonist is not completely useless

season 1 was really good, season 2 less so and season 3 was a disaster. the decline in quality had nothing to do with muh feminisim

It goves him some backstory, mostly about his mom hardcore pedo rapes after she suicided at some irish catholic shithole

Sounds like shit, not watching that then.

I think his resentment towards Stella makes it clear that he's faking the amnesia. He finally lost his temper and started laying the smack down on her because that's what men resort to when they're outsmarted and outplayed by le smart powerful woman you go girl *snaps fingers and moves head side to side*

I actually bought the amnesia part, at least in the first half, then he's clearly remembering stuff once he gets out of the hospital.

Hope you're all ready for more robotic Gillian Anderson acting in season 4 where there will be some other serial killer male who targets women so she can spout off more shit about how all men are like this and all women are victims or strong and independent when it suits them. At least all the women won't watch it because the 50 shades of grey lad isn't in it so it'll tank and they won't make any more.

I had to drop it, i was halfway through the 1st season and realised that it was some feminist bullshit wrapped in a nice package.That female detective was an insufferable cunt,a whore who would fuck some random dude just to spite a rational male viewer .All male are evil and dumb - the show.

First season has some amazing examples of parallel camera subtext but it kind of lead to nothing.