How often do you eat horse meat, Sup Forums? How popular is horse meat in your country? In the US...

How often do you eat horse meat, Sup Forums? How popular is horse meat in your country? In the US, it's somewhat popular with Latinos, but is kind of uncommon outside of that group. It used to be very popular during the depression and before World War II, but lost popularity to beef after the war. What are your favorite horse recipes?

horse sausages (not benis) are god tier

>How often do you eat horse meat, Sup Forums?
Not more than once a month. Even rarer. I like it though.
>How popular is horse meat in your country?
Horse steak is pretty popular

We never eat horse meat

I've never had it or seen it for sale but I would try it if I got the chance.

That's like eating a dog wtf is wrong with hispanics

They sell horse stew cans in almost every shop just like the ones on the picture. Horse jerky and horse sausage as well. Not many people buy horse meat but it's somewhat available in the shops if you do want to eat it..

Never. Not popular.

Savage animals.

not very often, but it is very good

>t. knows 1001 ways to prepare beets

from time to time
it's superb

UMASASHI

I have never tried it but would do so if given the chance.

Beets? I don't get it. Eating horse meat is just a very wild idea here, borderline cannibalism. I understand that other countries have different traditions, just banter.

One of the Hispanic markets in my area sells horse as "puerco especial," aka "special pig." I don't think it's technically legal, but nobody cares. It's not that cheap, though. It's only worth buying if you actually like horse.

That comes as a surprise, might be a Chicano thing. There's some tradition of eating horse in some rural areas, the original chorizo verde is suposed to be made with it, but your average Mexican would be violently opposed to that. We do produce chevalin, but that's for the export market.

Only brazilians eat that crap desu

Cubans and Puerto Ricans are the biggest customers for horse meat in the US, I think.

Seriously Venezuela, with the sopa meme floating around this is the one thread you post in

a few times a year
it's not very very common but i know quite a few people who eat it

That would make for an explanation.

Una delicia