Was he really treated like such a reckless asshole in real life by commissioners?

Was he really treated like such a reckless asshole in real life by commissioners?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

no it was made up

huh, just seemed plausible with all the money and PR at stake.

This.

Everyone involved understood the heroics of what he did, including the investigators. They just had to check all the boxes during their investigation and the movie needed some sort of antagonist (other than the birds).

well that's good to know.

and I'd recommend to any lurkers, for a movie you already know the plotline to they did it very well

Real human bean

and a real hero

>it's a Tom Hanks starts in another snoozefest as a grizzled captain of a large vehicle

>WE'LL BE IN THE HUDSON

ALPHA AS FUCK

youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8

[Crashes plane contemplatively]

hey kid
want a toothpick ?

There was never any real tension/doubt. They ran simulations with dozens of parameter sets to make sure he made the right call but it wasn't a situation where he had to fight for his name/convince them he was right in front of a room of people who then all stood up and clapped.

The biggest takeaway from the investigation was that while he made the correct decision, the actual water landing was a success thanks to the plane's computers adjusting the pitch/glide path to avoid stalling. He made the right call to save the plane but without the computers overriding his inputs the plane would have stalled about fifty feet above the Hundson and dropped like a brick and probably everybody would have died even though he'd made the right choice to try to ditch in the river.

At least give him some credit for acting under such pressure. As the movie hammers home, nobody had ever survived a commercial jet water landing before.

>2h movie about a 10min incident

He did, and he made the right call quickly and under pressure and few would have managed to get them to a place where they could safely land. Only pointing out the movie stretched the truth on both sides, ramping up the evil investigators wanting to undermine him side for tension and then dropping any subtlety about why everyone lived at the end in favor of the pure hero coming out on top.

It was an enjoyable movie, and he deserves tonnes of credit/was rightly called a hero, but the movie fucked with the truth at both ends.

Have you seen it?

If you haven't, I guarantee you'll change your mind when you do.

Pretty much any factual drama ever

IIRC there was one guy that wrote a book about the incidence and performed some simulator tests to show that it was possible to make it back to the airport.

He also criticized Sully for not giving enough credit to Airbus and their fly-by-wire system. He argued that this system was the reason they were able to land on the Hudson and not Sully's masterful skills as a pilot.

All bullshit criticism if you ask me.

Based on what I heard yes but only at first

Yeah, the film makes a good point in that you can investigate, data scrape, run tests all you like but in that moment he was flying a jet plane with 150 people on board.

Aided or whatever, these things almost always end in disaster so the pilot's efforts must be recognized as such.

Someone listened to Hello Internet

I saw the trailer for this a thousand times and every time I thought "oh what the fuck come on it's a plane landing in a river"
how can they make a movie out of one thing that lasts like a minute?

GO WITH CRAFT OR VESSEL